Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

4 Jul: SL: Salford Red Devils v Huddersfield Giants KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Huddersfield Giants

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/19 at 18:45

So which of the giants team were acquired when the Bulls went bust? Do tell...

And this is also a Giants team that have lost 3 game by a single point, and but for a better goal kicker could be looking to the playoffs themselves.

8 first choice players missing at least...big win and a lot of character shown 

• Like 2

Gaskill, O'Brien, Clough, Ferguson, Wardell snr is ex Bulls, not sure about jnr, Mellor, Wilson, 7 seems a nice figure?

Ahh so you're counting any player who has been at the Bulls ever? Even if they have been at other clubs since, or before? 

Okay...

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

Ahh so you're counting any player who has been at the Bulls ever? Even if they have been at other clubs since, or before? 

Okay...

Yep, not a Bulls fan but you missed out on the jewel in the crown in Trueman unfortunately.

Well done Huddersfield. That made a right mess of my evening. Started listening to Radio Manchester and, when we scored our two early tries, I settled down to enjoy a walk-over. Halfway through the second half, I decided my beauty sleep was more important than listening to another shabby Salford performance. By that time, Huddersfield's confidence was soaring and it sounded like Salford wouldn't find a way through if they played for a month of Sundays. So, once again, "well done" to Huddersfield.

Oh, I didn't sleep well, either.?

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

5 of those players mentioned were acquired from the Bulls when they went bust. Wardle left the Bulls a good few years ago and Wilson just a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ant said:

You're seriously clutching at straws then.

Morning, of the player's I listed only Joe Wardle didn't come to the Giants directly from the Bulls, not the second time you signed him but the first time he did so why am I clutching at straws? What do you disagree about?

A desperately needed win for Fartown, despite the mistake ridden start. They've have some winnable games coming up.

It's good to see the number of local boys in the team.

• Like 1

I think most of us in the first 10 minutes expected another horror show at Salford, but we showed something we've not shown for a bit now, bottle, desire, fight and a will to win.

Yes it took 2 academy lads off the bench to change the momentum, but we gradually worked our way into the game and Salford, had no answer to it.

Our young lads stood up again and stuck another 2 fingers up to those that say "Huddersfield bring nothing to super league " etc.

Salford really do struggle when Hastings doesn't have his own way, they remind me of us with Brough, everything went through him, usually on the left.

Although the crowd was low in numbers it was good in terms of atmosphere, the Salford fans were louder than any other home fans this season and the Giants contingent didn't exactly sit on their hands either.

Nice one fartown!

• Like 3

On 04/07/2019 at 20:38, DavidM said:

Director sure does love showing us Woolford, or every other coach, in fact, anything apart from what's actually happening on the pitch!

Apologies ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ant said:

Okay...

Wakefield had this bee in their bonnet as well about us signing their ex players, isn't that how it works in sport, players move from club to club, and it's not like there's no ex Huddersfield players at either Wakefield or Bradford is it?

Strange sets of fans.

38 minutes ago, meast said:

I think most of us in the first 10 minutes expected another horror show at Salford, but we showed something we've not shown for a bit now, bottle, desire, fight and a will to win.

Yes it took 2 academy lads off the bench to change the momentum, but we gradually worked our way into the game and Salford, had no answer to it.

Our young lads stood up again and stuck another 2 fingers up to those that say "Huddersfield bring nothing to super league " etc.

Salford really do struggle when Hastings doesn't have his own way, they remind me of us with Brough, everything went through him, usually on the left.

Although the crowd was low in numbers it was good in terms of atmosphere, the Salford fans were louder than any other home fans this season and the Giants contingent didn't exactly sit on their hands either.

Nice one fartown!

The recovery after a poor start was heartening. Let's see what can be achieved if Fartown put out a team fairly regularly with the key players present and being able to play good rugby for more than forty minutes or so.

Again, there was good support from the Fartown massive.

image.jpeg.56de49a3ca845539d5f149604ff75f6e.jpeg

30 minutes ago, longboard said:

The recovery after a poor start was heartening. Let's see what can be achieved if Fartown put out a team fairly regularly with the key players present and being able to play good rugby for more than forty minutes or so.

Again, there was good support from the Fartown massive.

image.jpeg.56de49a3ca845539d5f149604ff75f6e.jpeg

Who are our key players though?

That's the biggest conundrum facing the germ and his team I feel?