Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Sunday 7th July 2019

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. What a great game and a superb advert for the Championship. Did enough in the first half going up the hill and tackled their big forwards out of the game in the second. Brilliant atmosphere and credit to both sets of fans. Also Leigh tackled high at times but with the ref not giving any they played on him, but credit To Duffy he had them playing in the right spirit not like the Leigh coaches of old.I just wish the refs would be more consistent.

Why don't Leeds like Golding I will never know, and with a post earlier good on Brad Day signing for longer/.

Suprised one of Leigh supporters buses is not giving Mikalauskas a lift home tonight, 

My god he tried for them today 

Think only being a couple of points behind at HT won us the game, their props were shot trying to play up the hill & riddy is always known for throwin an intercept - he did it enough times for us 

Plus we eventually worked out their only play near the line - woods with a short crash ball to Paterson, once we became wise to that they looked a bit devoid of another play

Day walters and Golding were immense today 

Too many of our players had very  good games today to name them it would not be fair on the others as all the team played well.Agree 100% about the ref   some of his decisions were baffling.Chissy's interseption was probably the game clincher as Leigh may have scored if it had not come off.Carr fixed the weak spot down the middle at half time and we held their forwards comfortably .

29 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Suprised one of Leigh supporters buses is not giving Mikalauskas a lift home tonight

Its ok Riddy will give him a lift home 

Did not know riddy and the ref were related 

Bet it felt great given that interception try knowing your relation threw it

42 minutes ago, haskey said:

Wow. What a great game and a superb advert for the Championship. Did enough in the first half going up the hill and tackled their big forwards out of the game in the second. Brilliant atmosphere and credit to both sets of fans. Also Leigh tackled high at times but with the ref not giving any they played on him, but credit To Duffy he had them playing in the right spirit not like the Leigh coaches of old.I just wish the refs would be more consistent.

Why don't Leeds like Golding I will never know, and with a post earlier good on Brad Day signing for longer/.

IMO he lacks that extra little bit of pace needed to make it in SL.

I really enjoyed today's game that could have gone either way. The ref didn't give us any of the 50/50 decisions and we came out on top by good  rugby. Well done lads in all departments.

Rumours will always be about, pinch of salt job.

WE really didn't miss Cam today , as the whole team raised their game, even though I thought Bussey was still busted.

Fantastic game, I thought it would be tight but thought Leigh would edge it! Exceptional team performance, ref was chronic, gave us nothing, he tried his hardest to bag them tries, some of his decisions were bemusing, but we were immense and we seemed to dig deeper on the back of them.  Leigh were shot at one point, our forwards were awesome, they couldn’t handle Day and tried their hardest to hurt him, along with Bussey! Can’t fault anyone today and it’s always pleasing to get one over on the sh**houses from over the hill! On the Leigh forum they were saying how Bradford had done them a favour and they would probably be 2nd in the league by end of play today........NOT!!

Lets take nothing away from Leigh. They are a good team, a good blend of youth and experience and very mobile. We were just little bit better on the day. Our pack put in a tremendous effort in order to set up the halves. Golding magnificent along with Day who would run into a houseend if instructed. Everyone played for each other which is all we ask coupled with a good scrambling defence.

6 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

For those of a superstitious nature or look for omens in a match, since the halfway point of the fixture list, in the second half of the season we have beaten every team that we lost against in the first half of the season...….. and next up is Toronto! 

Yes and we are unbeaten in Toronto??????

I don’t normally criticise referees but by heck they scraped the bottom of the barrel today. He was reffing super league last week, watch out under 7’s it could be your turn next. Biased or what was he ???

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, haskey said:

Rumours will always be about, pinch of salt job.

WE really didn't miss Cam today , as the whole team raised their game, even though I thought Bussey was still busted.

The thing about Kingy is he's a fantastic player but he isn't a gamechanger. As for Bussey, I felt like he held back a bit today. Probably not 100% after his arm op, but he did enough to nullify Hock.

Just as I thought it might be. You were just a bit too good for us, and fully deserved your win. Once Chisholm bagged the interception, there was only one team in it. I guess we are fairly evenly matched - two close games this season, with ground advantage probably clinching it.

I would reserve judgement on Mikalauskas until you watch the video/dvd. I've lost count of the number of times I've criticised them, only to be proved wrong when watching the game later. As for him being Riddy's brother-in-law, I don't know, but if he is, you must have done alright out of him last season, surely?!?

2 minutes ago, AlanE said:

Just as I thought it might be. You were just a bit too good for us, and fully deserved your win. Once Chisholm bagged the interception, there was only one team in it. I guess we are fairly evenly matched - two close games this season, with ground advantage probably clinching it.

I would reserve judgement on Mikalauskas until you watch the video/dvd. I've lost count of the number of times I've criticised them, only to be proved wrong when watching the game later. As for him being Riddy's brother-in-law, I don't know, but if he is, you must have done alright out of him last season, surely?!?

Your fans are a credit to your club.

Archived