Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Sunday 7th July 2019

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, AlanE said:

Just as I thought it might be. You were just a bit too good for us, and fully deserved your win. Once Chisholm bagged the interception, there was only one team in it. I guess we are fairly evenly matched - two close games this season, with ground advantage probably clinching it.

I would reserve judgement on Mikalauskas until you watch the video/dvd. I've lost count of the number of times I've criticised them, only to be proved wrong when watching the game later. As for him being Riddy's brother-in-law, I don't know, but if he is, you must have done alright out of him last season, surely?!?

only had him once before may 10th 2018 hull challenge cup remember six yellows and one red card  

32 minutes ago, AlanE said:

Just as I thought it might be. You were just a bit too good for us, and fully deserved your win. Once Chisholm bagged the interception, there was only one team in it. I guess we are fairly evenly matched - two close games this season, with ground advantage probably clinching it.

I would reserve judgement on Mikalauskas until you watch the video/dvd. I've lost count of the number of times I've criticised them, only to be proved wrong when watching the game later. As for him being Riddy's brother-in-law, I don't know, but if he is, you must have done alright out of him last season, surely?!?

I've already watched the incident where Chisholm was taken out after he kicked the ball.  The challenge was high and late, definite penalty to Fev.  He gave it to Leigh for offside.

The penalty which resulted in Leigh's last try happened right in front of me.  The Leigh scrum half put the ball in the scrum, it hit the second row's legs and bounced out. The ref penalised Fev for striking.  The ball never went anywhere near a Fev player.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

5 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I've already watched the incident where Chisholm was taken out after he kicked the ball.  The challenge was high and late, definite penalty to Fev.  He gave it to Leigh for offside.

The penalty which resulted in Leigh's last try happened right in front of me.  The Leigh scrum half put the ball in the scrum, it hit the second row's legs and bounced out. The ref penalised Fev for striking.  The ball never went anywhere near a Fev player.

I'm pretty sure he gave the penalty after the Chisholm incident for the 'afters' with the Leigh player involved, not offside.

2 hours ago, hrtbps said:

Best away support this season I'd say, edging both Widnes and Bradford.

i always appreciate a good away following and over the last few years Leigh Hull KR and Bradford have attended in numbers.Most clubs seem to penalise away fans by charging more through the turnstiles ,i would like to see ALL clubs offer cheaper addmission to away fans to help with their cost attending matches.More away fans certainly can create a better balance to the afternoon.

14 hours ago, hrtbps said:

Best away support this season I'd say, edging both Widnes and Bradford.

Rochdale up next though - they may take the award ?

Hopefully we are known in plenty of time which end we have been segregated to ?

Just watched the highlights and a few observations on the ref's decisions affecting the lead up to some of the tries.

1. Paterson's 1st Try. Dagger could have been awarded a penalty for being tackled in the air. Ref didn't give it. However in the ruck Dagger had a little pull of the Leighs player's leg, he fell over, penalty awarded to Leigh. From the ensuing set Leigh score, the final pass being one of those that if it is your team scoring it was flat but if it goes against you it was forward. I am prepared to say it wasn't forward. 

2. Paterson's 2nd Try. The final pass to Paterson again flat at best but looked slightly more forward than the first try.

3. Chisholm Intercept. A poor refereeing decision against Fev benefited Fev. Hock offloaded the ball forward in the tackle. Referee said play on and wiped the tackle count clean. From the ensuing attack Chisholm did the intercept and the rest is history.

Obviously any other 'incidents' not connected with the scoring I have not seen until the full match is shown later.

59 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Just watched the highlights and a few observations on the ref's decisions affecting the lead up to some of the tries.

1. Paterson's 1st Try. Dagger could have been awarded a penalty for being tackled in the air. Ref didn't give it. However in the ruck Dagger had a little pull of the Leighs player's leg, he fell over, penalty awarded to Leigh. From the ensuing set Leigh score, the final pass being one of those that if it is your team scoring it was flat but if it goes against you it was forward. I am prepared to say it wasn't forward. 

2. Paterson's 2nd Try. The final pass to Paterson again flat at best but looked slightly more forward than the first try.

3. Chisholm Intercept. A poor refereeing decision against Fev benefited Fev. Hock offloaded the ball forward in the tackle. Referee said play on and wiped the tackle count clean. From the ensuing attack Chisholm did the intercept and the rest is history.

Obviously any other 'incidents' not connected with the scoring I have not seen until the full match is shown later.

Patersons second try was way forward from the angle from where we were sat but on camera looks less so and thats the reason they dont go to the screen in Super League. Think Dagger was frustrated at not being given the penalty in the first place which led to the refs ultimate decision. He penalised Dagger in the second half for moving off the mark. Something that was constantly happening.The penalty too at the end of the match which ulimately led to Leighs late try was baffling as it came from the scrum which is a rarety nowadays.Other refs would probably had the ball re fed. It wasnt for foul play and Leigh were going to get possession anyway.

On 08/07/2019 at 10:55, David Shepherd said:

45/100 rating for the ref in League Weekly.

Think they've been a bit generous.

Sorry if you think that David, but I have to remain impartial for these reports. I usually give 60--65/100 for an average ref performance.

8 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Sorry if you think that David, but I have to remain impartial for these reports. I usually give 60--65/100 for an average ref performance.

35/100 would have been generous.Can't remember seeing one as bad ever but having watched R.L. for 65 yrs i probably have.Thought Gareth Hewer had a very good game at Fax he tried to keep the game flowing despite both teams making errors.

On 07/07/2019 at 20:15, J Phil Loxton said:

Your fans are a credit to your club.

especially the one with his c2ck out on post office road for my kids to see,  pi33ing all over the orange transit.  great fans and we get fined!

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

37 minutes ago, lingard said:

especially the one with his c2ck out on post office road for my kids to see,  pi33ing all over the orange transit.  great fans and we get fined!

I was praising their following rather than each individual fan. Every club has a percentage of idiots and you obviously came up against one of theirs. The more followers a team have the bigger percentage. What makes them tick I dont know.

exactly the same thing happened when we played Barrow the week before.  it must now be acceptable to expose yourself on post office road.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

Just heard Gareth Hock has retired from Rugby League due to multiple injury problems.He certainly got a bit of stick from the Family Stand during our game.Thought he did OK for us once he was match fit.I tweeted him a few times when he played for us and he replied to most of them.He has had a good career with his various clubs despite his flawed character.And i for one hope he enjoys retirement and makes a success of the rest of his life.

Archived