North Wales Crusaders

Well after a couple of poor performances we need to get a response from the team this weekend and try and get back to winning ways before 2 Home Games.

Will Chris stick with the players and demand a big improvement or will he drop a few ? The biggest problem he faces is lack of numbers to choose from and I think many players realise this hence they know there position is safe however badly they play.

After getting over the 1000 mark against Oldham it will be a crying shame if all the good PR work falters due to team attitude and crowds dwindle back down to the 600/700  mark.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Surely time to give Marwood some meaningful time and recall Rooke if he's fit and available. Buffer back to steady the ship hopefully.

looking at pictures from training Blain is in a few shots with ball in hand couldnt see any other half back in any of the shots

45 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Surely time to give Marwood some meaningful time and recall Rooke if he's fit and available. Buffer back to steady the ship hopefully.

??

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

None of the above will matter if we don't defend. On Sunday yes Newcastle were slick and quick in the backs, but they also made numerous breaks straight down the middle thanks to some very half-hearted defence.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

24 minutes ago, Derwent said:

None of the above will matter if we don't defend. On Sunday yes Newcastle were slick and quick in the backs, but they also made numerous breaks straight down the middle thanks to some very half-hearted defence.

True . Defence is where a team shows its attitude and willingness to work and put in the maximum effort . Too many times we’ve been found wanting and brittle , and that stymies everything else you do 

Hi guys, always a pleasure to have you at Queensway. We're going into the game an the back of 2 really good wins, against Whitehaven away and Keighley at home, so the team is starting to show a bit of confidence. Should be a good game.

There are some roadworks in progress in Wrexham over the weekend which might affect your journey. 

If you are following satnav, you will probably be directed off the A483 at junction 6, which is being resurfaced over the weekend and may be closed (there is some confusion here as to whether it will be closed all weekend or just at night).

If it is closed, carry on to junction 5, and take the exit for Wrexham (A541). There are brown signs for Queensway after the football ground, also follow the signs for Nantwich (A534). After leaving the roundabout in front of Tesco, the next right turn into Montgomery Road leads to Queensway (signposted).

For the return journey, go back along Montgomery Road and turn left at the end of the road. Follow the signs for Mold (A541) until you pass the football ground, then follow the signs for Chester. If you follow the signs for Chester too soon, you will end up at the closed junction.

Also, please be aware that we now have a deposit scheme for beakers at the bar, doing our bit to cut down on plastic waste. There is a deposit of £2 on a pint and £1 on a half pint, when you've finished your drink, you can exchange for a fresh beaker for your next pint. When you're all done just go to the bar and ask for your deposit back, or keep your beaker for a souvenir.

See you Sunday, have a safe journey.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Who knows ? Pointless predicting us , we hope but don’t expect . The coach and players don’t even know how we’ll turn up so we’ve no chance ! I say again ,  fail to prepare and prepare to fail 

18 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Well after a couple of poor performances we need to get a response from the team this weekend and try and get back to winning ways before 2 Home Games.

Will Chris stick with the players and demand a big improvement or will he drop a few ? The biggest problem he faces is lack of numbers to choose from and I think many players realise this hence they know there position is safe however badly they play.

After getting over the 1000 mark against Oldham it will be a crying shame if all the good PR work falters due to team attitude and crowds dwindle back down to the 600/700  mark.

If England reach the cricket wc final we will be lucky to get 500 ? 

Cant see anything but another defeat. Last 2 games have seen a shocking 80 minutes against Newcastle and a poor 60 mins against Oldham. Not enough to give me confidence of picking anything up from this long trip I'm afraid.

NW crusaders 26 - 18 town

On 04/07/2019 at 13:23, Derwent said:

Defence has been our downfall in genral this season.  Until we improve it we aren't going to turn this season around. Simple as that. 

On 04/07/2019 at 13:00, Onreport said:

looking at pictures from training Blain is in a few shots with ball in hand couldnt see any other half back in any of the shots

I always think we could do with 'Trouty's training updates' again....good info sharing as it was.

I think Chris Thorman’s comments in the star tonight sum up where we are at the moment. If players don’t have the right attitude and desire then we are going nowhere. Let’s hope they try to prove him wrong this week.

12 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Any idea what sort of team we're sending down to Wales? All gone a bit quiet on the PR front..... 

One with a bit of fight and passion will do for me Sandy, because last week that was sadly lacking marra! 

57 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Would be nice to see a 19 man squad then we have a clue. I'm guessing mellor will be back into FB with fieldhouse injured, so maybe Bolton on a wing for Walsh and maybe Lancaster into Centre with Calvin onto a wing?

Squad is out its on town's twitter. 

Archived