North Wales Crusaders

Just now, Townie987 said:

Do you ever shout abuse etc in public or just behind computers? Hmmm I wouldn’t what the answer is?????

Since when have I shouted abuse or online, shock keyboard warrior giving it big behind a fake name, names clearly shown so if you’d like to say anything else can always private message me 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Town Army said:

It's more of a Pryce/McDowell/McFarland Love in, if you aren't one of those then you're to blame for a lot of the bad stuff going on.

Town Army I am a McFarland and I find your comment extremely insulting!!  I will not lower myself to your level name calling on Social Media I will save this and tell you to your face !!!!. I could write an essay of what my family have done for Workington Town both financially and voluntary but I won’t because we are Proffessional unlike a lot I could mention#thisshouldbeourtown??

16 minutes ago, Garymaca07 said:

Town Army I am a McFarland and I find your comment extremely insulting!!  I will not lower myself to your level name calling on Social Media I will save this and tell you to your face !!!!. I could write an essay of what my family have done for Workington Town both financially and voluntary but I won’t because we are Proffessional unlike a lot I could mention#thisshouldbeourtown??

Well aware of your contribution to the club over the years and myself and many others are grateful for it.

But . .  Do you think the constant undermining of the goings on at the club by people who have been in the exact same position are helpful?

3 hours ago, JMB said:

Not a lot has changed from last season with the players attending training, think Chris has had the wool pulled over his eyes by the BOD prior to him coming in, sad days for a great club.

Think thats inaccurate tbh. Do you think he thought it was all rosy when he came in after a coach departs.? 

He said in interview that he got a great response initially then gradually the numbers have dwindled again. 

28 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Well aware of your contribution to the club over the years and myself and many others are grateful for it.

But . .  Do you think the constant undermining of the goings on at the club by people who have been in the exact same position are helpful?

By me ? Or my family ....if so there has been loads of negative replies ..why not mention other names as well . why us ,?

Just now, Hate the rec said:

Thorman or have I missed something? 

That's what I thought 

How can any BOD / management allow this apathy and unprofessionalism take place and develope in this once proud club. WTRLFC need to wake up and smell the coffee and listen to what Chris Thorman is saying - he is totally professional and appears to care what is happening at DP. If Chris as walked who can blame him. Thats me finished I am staying away, first time ever until this mess is sorted out.  Appointing an untried coach and mainly local players is not the way forward IMO. If the club as any ambition they should try and persuade Thorman to stay - offer him a 2 year contract - I think he will introduce professionalism, discipline and make the changes required on the playing front.

14 minutes ago, town blue said:

How can any BOD / management allow this apathy and unprofessionalism take place and develope in this once proud club. WTRLFC need to wake up and smell the coffee and listen to what Chris Thorman is saying - he is totally professional and appears to care what is happening at DP. If Chris as walked who can blame him. Thats me finished I am staying away, first time ever until this mess is sorted out.  Appointing an untried coach and mainly local players is not the way forward IMO. If the club as any ambition they should try and persuade Thorman to stay - offer him a 2 year contract - I think he will introduce professionalism, discipline and make the changes required on the playing front.

He's already  got another job lined up. If the rumoured new coach is right  then its a good choice IMO to rebuild our squad 

1 hour ago, Town Army said:

How are you aware of my contribution to the Club, it isn’t something I Broadcast / Do Tell ?

14 minutes ago, Garymaca07 said:

How are you aware of my contribution to the Club, it isn’t something I Broadcast / Do Tell ?

As a director (former?) and sponsor of the club I think its fair to assume that your contribution has been significant

9 hours ago, town blue said:

Staying away won't improve the situation will it, we need to show some soldarity when things aren't going well. 

12 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

and by the way, maudling, wellington, field house,wilkes, olstrom all out as well as barnes and miller

but its the bod fault

Losing all those would be difficult for most clubs to cope with, Els injury was a massive blow for us. 

52 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Staying away won't improve the situation will it, we need to show some soldarity when things aren't going well. 

Agree totally. 

We have 4 home games and 2 away left. 

We are more than capable of winning 4/6 games and that should get us a play off place. We've got Haven and Hunslet on the road. 

People saying season over is way to premature and staying away will hurt the club even more. 

26 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Agree totally. 

We have 4 home games and 2 away left. 

We are more than capable of winning 4/6 games and that should get us a play off place. We've got Haven and Hunslet on the road. 

People saying season over is way to premature and staying away will hurt the club even more. 

More than capable , yes , we’ve been more than capable of winning most games on our personnel , but we haven’t been . We’ve just done this with a group of  games but it hasn’t gone to plan . Right now , with the way we’re performing and with the even more concerning issues which are being articulated by the coach , I just don’t see this sudden turnaround coming . Hope yes , expect no .  Somethings wrong and it’s showing on matchday . This season has been awful , dragging it round now from our position would be monumental . The coach is asking the questions .... can the players answer , do they want to ? We’ll see 

Any criticism of the board is totally unfair . They have backed Leon with some good signings , i imagine the wages are decent , they have looked to get us back on track with Chris Thorman , but if some players don`t attend training , there is very little they can do about it .We run with a small squad , some players know they can`t be dropped , train or not , as we are continually short on numbers .Perhaps when contracts are dished out in future they should stipulate attendance at training sessions and possibly weight them more on winning games rather than be paid to just turn up and play.........but then again who would you get to sign with all those conditions ? 

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

Any criticism of the board is totally unfair . They have backed Leon with some good signings , i imagine the wages are decent , they have looked to get us back on track with Chris Thorman , but if some players don`t attend training , there is very little they can do about it .We run with a small squad , some players know they can`t be dropped , train or not , as we are continually short on numbers .Perhaps when contracts are dished out in future they should stipulate attendance at training sessions and possibly weight them more on winning games rather than be paid to just turn up and play.........but then again who would you get to sign with all those conditions ? 

Totally agree , I just can’t get my head around even having not training as an issue . You shouldn’t have to press it home to players . It’s part n parcel of being a pro player . You train and prepare fully in order to perform on match days . No ifs or buts , turn up and commit fully or don’t bother signing a contract . This has been an issue too long , it’s seeped in to much to almost being accepted . No more from the end of this season and no latitude . You can’t have it both ways , harsh or not you’ll never achieve your aims  or give yourself maximum opportunity to fulfil your potential as a team if you’re not collectively preparing fully , fact . Guys like Leon n Thorman rightly just can’t fathom this out but are stymied by reality of numbers and inability to do anything about it 

This season seems to be ending nearly as bad as the year after we were relegated from Super League . Ross O`Reilly took over , the Team was mostly kept together on Super League wages in the hope of us going straight back up .Not only did we not gain promotion , but we finished bottom and were relegated another League .Everyone knows what happened next ................................On a lighter note anyone know where we are playing this week ? Derwent Park ready or not ?

When Chris first came and started getting numbers back to training we could all see the Improvement and things were looking positive.

However we are now as bad as I can remember for quite a while and we can all see fitness levels of some players are not where they should be and ball retention is terrible but it is the sheer cluelessness we show with ball in hand which to me shows we are not training together as a squad.

Interesting thought, do Whitehaven have the same problem as they seem to be going really well this season with a small squad or is it just our players who think they don't need to train.

another worry is the fact that 2 coaches have now highlighted the problem so will a change of Coach next season actually make any difference.It will be interesting to see what attitude the players show this Sunday against Skolars.

Archived