No WC2021

Brad hepis heed

The rfl and the wider rugby league public must be laughing at Cumbria, first the Whitehaven stadium fiasco and now this one, the word Dumbrians comes to mind, think we will struggle in the future to attract support from the rfl in any future projects or tournaments they are looking to put out in the rugby league community's. .

Embarrassing for the whole county and also for those rfl members who have tried to back the area,would have been a boost for  the region for allerdale to be on the world stage but the insular council obviously know better, I really don't know anymore what the council want for the area

And the council have the cheek to say how extremely disappointed they are the WC isn’t coming . One more pi$$ take from them . Total shame for and on the area . As Mr Dutton rightly says ... what a missed opportunity . We’ve threw his faith right back in his face , why should anyone bother with us again we have no ambition to go anywhere so the long slow decline can continue  

PLEASE PUT THIS  DECISION ON OTHER MEDIA COVERAGE ,NOT JUST TO THE FANS THAT USE THIS APP . HOW CAN A COUNCIL AFFORD TO LOSE THE REVENUE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GENERATED TO THE AREA BY HOSTING THIS EVENT . THE SHOPKEEPERS ,HOTELIERS, FANS, KIDS WHO WERE SO EXCITED WHEN THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT WORKINGTON WAS GOING TO HOST THE RLWC IN THE CARNEGIE . FANS .  HAVE MISSED OUT DUE TO THE IDIOTS THATS GOING TO RUIN THE TOWN AND AREA  .   

I wrote an email  to Sue Hayman the local MP .This is her reply 

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Allerdale Community Stadium .

I very much share your concerns ,and am extremely disappointed regarding the recent Stadium decision ,and lack of transparency from Allerdale Executive around there decision .     I have requested a copy of the Business Plan from Allerdale  Borough Council to look how this decision was reached ,and will be raising my concerns with the Leader of ABC when I meet  Her in a couple of weeks time.                                                                                                                                                                          I am also tremendously saddened to learn that the new Administration at Allerdale have officially  informed the organisers of the RLWC of there decision to withdraw from hosting the games in 2021                                                                                                           Kind regards                                                                                                                                                                                                             Sue .  

This decision as made Workington  a laughing stock of the  Country  and held us back for a very long time .                                                              

What is the right wing austerity racists vision for Allerdale? I now know they want to suck ambition, positivity and a future for our kids out of the area. But what do they want to actually progress? The last lot majored on health and well being, poverty reduction, economic regeneration and jobs if I remember right. What do we get now?

Didn't Jenkinson get in by less than 50 votes? Cheers Seaton.

Jenkinsons priority is picking up dog ?. Jenkinsons other priority is to get the glass and plastic bin emptied every other week.

Apart from that he’s not interested and has no ambition. Well apart from eating the entire menu at KFC.

As for his flock of sheep on the council, who knows what they want. You never hear from them now that they have been elected.

Jenkinsons priority was having the title "councillor" ! He couldn't care less now. You'll hear from him again in 3 and a half years when he's looking to get re-elected. In the meantime he'll turn up at a couple of council meetings so he can be fed buffet food! 

How can 6 councillors decide the future of Workington for us and the generations to come? 

Please could everyone else email sue hayman with their disgust at this decision so she understands how annoyed we are. Surely if she's bombarded with emails she will realise this is worth fighting for. 

21 minutes ago, Rango said:

Jenkinsons priority is picking up dog ?. Jenkinsons other priority is to get the glass and plastic bin emptied every other week.

Apart from that he’s not interested and has no ambition. Well apart from eating the entire menu at KFC.

As for his flock of sheep on the council, who knows what they want. You never hear from them now that they have been elected.

Unfortunately i think he does have ambition and thats why he is cosying up to Boris Johnson,  I think sue hayman needs to get involved because that's who she'll be up against in the next general election 

4 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Unfortunately i think he does have ambition and thats why he is cosying up to Boris Johnson,  I think sue hayman needs to get involved because that's who she'll be up against in the next general election 

Well she’ll probably get squashed up against something with a backside  the size of a space hopper!

Hes back from under his rock spouting ?on social media tonight. Giving his polar opposite view of the facts.

Given that I’ve seen it mentioned the stadium business plan would have generated profit for the area it feels like both clubs should have come out fighting more unless I missed a statement by either clubs? We’re allowing the seemingly mythical 95m figure to be bandied around and taken as gospel 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

This is Jenkinsons Facebook comment today. Two main reasons for there decision.  1. Expensive PFI Stadium .

2.No tenants.   

No.1 The current PFl deal is nothing close to old PFI deals, as Andrew Lapping as been saying for months,there as never been a better time to build the Stadium. Interest rates around 2%, the old rates were 6/7% ,you wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

No.2  I'm sure Sellafield & NHS would have agreements in principle, they would only sign the tenancy when they new the Stadium was definitely going ahead.  If not Mr Jenkinson will have to prove otherwise .

20190704_221612.jpg

The Independents are saying they couldn't go ahead with the Stadium because nothing was signed from Sellafield saying they were coming into the Stadium . Well its been in the news plenty of times that Sellafield workers were going to be part of the Stadium along with the NHS . And have they come out and said they weren't , So something must have been agreed . Have the Independents went out of the way to ask Sellafield and the NHS if there was out in place , or have they not  ,and this is there way of getting there own way.  By putting the blame on the previous labour party, the reason the Stadium isn't going ahead . At the end of the day its a very sad time for the whole of the Area .  

ONE OF THE THINGS  THAT MARK JENKINSON AS MENTIONED WAS THE STATE OF THE BIN COLLECTIONS ,WELL THEY HAVE COME OUT WITH SUCH A BRILLIANT IDEA . IT MUST HAVE TOOK SOME REAL THOUGHT TO PUT IT RIGHT  . GENERAL WAIST( BLACK BIN ) EMPTIED EVERY WEEK .  PAPER BIN ((BLUE BIN) EVERY MONTH , AND THE PLASTIC AND TIN  (SMALL GREEN )PLUS THE GARDEN BIN (LARGE GREEN) NOT TO BE EMPTIED UNTILL OCTOBER .  SOME SALTERBECK RESIDENTS THIS MORNING PUT THEM ROUND A  AROUNABOUT IN PROTEST  AT THE LACK OF COLLECTIONS . MAYBE THEY SHOULD TAKE THEM IN FRONT OF ALLERDALE HOUSE NEXT TIME THERE FULL  ,YOU DONT WANT THE STREETS LITTERED WITH RUBBISH DO WE NOW .

2 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Given that I’ve seen it mentioned the stadium business plan would have generated profit for the area it feels like both clubs should have come out fighting more unless I missed a statement by either clubs? We’re allowing the seemingly mythical 95m figure to be bandied around and taken as gospel 

I find this strange as well. The clubs weren’t happy with the decision but remained largely silent. 

So we aren't getting the WC and the local area has lost millions in revenue, well do e Mr Jenkinson that's one in the eye for Smith and Fryer so can we now start being sensible instead of sarrying on with this petty crusade against the last council. We need some clarity on the finances surrounding the scheme and I'm surprised both clubs haven't been screaming at Allerdale executives to provide it. The Allerdale employees audit says the scheme will net 57 million over 50 years with no cost to the rate payers and that Sellafield have pledged they will be tenants for at least 30yrs initially, .the NHS indefinitely. The new council obviously don't trust the people who run the Borough on a day to day basis and had there own audi done which shows a defecit of 50 million and a liability to the rate payers of 95 million. They also claim there are no tenants to take up the office space. Clearly one of them are telling giant porkies regarding this and its about time all of the financial audits and contracts were made public so they can be scrutinised in order to get the truth. Surely this isn't too much to ask. Whats quite obvious is that the sitting council don't trust the executives at Allerdale one iota and that doesn't bode well for the next 4 yrs. 

Archived