No WC2021

Brad hepis heed

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

So we aren't getting the WC and the local area has lost millions in revenue, well do e Mr Jenkinson that's one in the eye for Smith and Fryer so can we now start being sensible instead of sarrying on with this petty crusade against the last council. We need some clarity on the finances surrounding the scheme and I'm surprised both clubs haven't been screaming at Allerdale executives to provide it. The Allerdale employees audit says the scheme will net 57 million over 50 years with no cost to the rate payers and that Sellafield have pledged they will be tenants for at least 30yrs initially, .the NHS indefinitely. The new council obviously don't trust the people who run the Borough on a day to day basis and had there own audi done which shows a defecit of 50 million and a liability to the rate payers of 95 million. They also claim there are no tenants to take up the office space. Clearly one of them are telling giant porkies regarding this and its about time all of the financial audits and contracts were made public so they can be scrutinised in order to get the truth. Surely this isn't too much to ask. Whats quite obvious is that the sitting council don't trust the executives at Allerdale one iota and that doesn't bode well for the next 4 yrs. 

Maybe it’s time for a freedom of information request?

13 minutes ago, Old standoff said:

For Christ,  Don’t ye just despair with these stupid backward looking pack of incompetent no hoper’s that now have control of ABC  god help us if we have these tosspots for the next four years.   F- - - - - g  Disgraceful.

Its basically a Tory council now in all but name, Jenkinson is not an independent at all, he just used that as a way to get on the council. So expect ABC will follow the Tory way and put no money into local services, in fact they will be cut right back. No investment in the schools, sports pitches, health etc, these will be tripped and land sold. They will take this town backwards very quickly and we will have a ghost town with zero future. But good old Jenko will make uncle Boris happy and thats what matters, I expect quite soon he will rejoin the Tory party. I hope those who voted these cretins in will look back in years to come and see the mess they created, realise they have taken away so much from the net generation.

13 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

What is the right wing austerity racists vision for Allerdale? I now know they want to suck ambition, positivity and a future for our kids out of the area. But what do they want to actually progress? The last lot majored on health and well being, poverty reduction, economic regeneration and jobs if I remember right. What do we get now?

Didn't Jenkinson get in by less than 50 votes? Cheers Seaton.

Maybe would have helped if the other parties had put up candidates that actually lived in the village or that people knew, Never seen anyone canvassing so can't have helped the cause!

9 hours ago, silverfox said:

ONE OF THE THINGS  THAT MARK JENKINSON AS MENTIONED WAS THE STATE OF THE BIN COLLECTIONS ,WELL THEY HAVE COME OUT WITH SUCH A BRILLIANT IDEA . IT MUST HAVE TOOK SOME REAL THOUGHT TO PUT IT RIGHT  . GENERAL WAIST( BLACK BIN ) EMPTIED EVERY WEEK .  PAPER BIN ((BLUE BIN) EVERY MONTH , AND THE PLASTIC AND TIN  (SMALL GREEN )PLUS THE GARDEN BIN (LARGE GREEN) NOT TO BE EMPTIED UNTILL OCTOBER .  SOME SALTERBECK RESIDENTS THIS MORNING PUT THEM ROUND A  AROUNABOUT IN PROTEST  AT THE LACK OF COLLECTIONS . MAYBE THEY SHOULD TAKE THEM IN FRONT OF ALLERDALE HOUSE NEXT TIME THERE FULL  ,YOU DONT WANT THE STREETS LITTERED WITH RUBBISH DO WE NOW .

Westfield collection day isTuesday. Bins out Monday night. Friday now, still no bins emptied. Allerdale website says no need to complain they know about it! No wonder this shower cancelled the stadium build. Way way beyond the capabilities of these fat a**e h***s

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Its basically a Tory council now in all but name, Jenkinson is not an independent at all, he just used that as a way to get on the council. So expect ABC will follow the Tory way and put no money into local services, in fact they will be cut right back. No investment in the schools, sports pitches, health etc, these will be tripped and land sold. They will take this town backwards very quickly and we will have a ghost town with zero future. But good old Jenko will make uncle Boris happy and thats what matters, I expect quite soon he will rejoin the Tory party. I hope those who voted these cretins in will look back in years to come and see the mess they created, realise they have taken away so much from the net generation.

I’m sure that he is the Tory leader in allerdale pal, having ousted the previous incumbent days after the election. This way he could choose who he wanted in key positions in the council knowing Labour would not strike a deal with the independent councillors.

Thus he has a big support in key decisions such as stadium developments.......

Few blokes at work who dont like RL or Soccer thought this was all very funny. I did point out to them it impacts the whole area and not just sport.

I also told them that in our life time we will never see a major event held anywhere near Cumbria again, RL was the only chance this area had of hosting an event if this scale - That's it now even RL thinks this area is a joke so we have no chance with anything else.

Archived