Whatever Happened to Springfield Borough ?

17 hours ago, doc said:

Lancs Lynx also played at Chorley. Think their last pro game, as Chorley, was at the old Horwich RMI fc ground, versus Nottingham? 

Victory Park. Sept 2004 v York I think... have the programme. They played as Blackpool in 2005.

To be fair it is confusing. Maybe someone should write a book about it!

Wrote about the final two seasons when they were Chorley Lynx: don't know the full history however. 

Remember the Chemics centre Harold Kinsey receiving a bar of Blackpool rock on Naughton Park pitch from some Borough fans. circa 1958. Maybe Aborigine wing Wally McArthur played that day too. What an athlete!

Was at Municipal Stadium in Toulouse for the Lynx final against Villeneuve/Lot. Remember some Lancashire fans tumbling out of their minibus. Curtain raiser was Carcassonne-Toulouse Spacers. Fond memories.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

19 hours ago, clifford said:

Blackpool Gladiators, playing, I think, at Fylde RU for a while. 

They played at Blackpool mechanics fc

Yes they did play at Blackpool Mechs. soccer ground.nr Blackpool airport.

I remember going and seeing us (Workington Town) win 78-12 in front of 646 spectators in season 1992/93 (28/2/93)...I also remember being in a bar at the ground about 1 hour before kick off and Blackpool had only half a dozen players there.......the rest did turn up before kick off,  even tho the scoreline would suggest not.

18 hours ago, doc said:

Lancs Lynx also played at Chorley. Think their last pro game, as Chorley, was at the old Horwich RMI fc ground, versus Nottingham? 

Victory Park. Sept 2004 v York I think... have the programme. They played as Blackpool in 2005.

Wrote about the final two seasons when they were Chorley Lynx: don't know the full history however. 

Lancs Lynx played at Deepdale Preston.

Shaun Edwards played his final game for Wigan there in 1997 pre season friendly.

3 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Lancs Lynx played at Deepdale Preston.

Shaun Edwards played his final game for Wigan there in 1997 pre season friendly.

They also played St Helens in a friendly at Deepdale and if memory serves won the game.

I recall Featherstone's Ian Hardman playing in that game for Saints

18 minutes ago, headtackle said:

I remember Chorley playing Nottingham in front of about 150 fans at Victory Park

Freezing cold and as the paper described it, a game for the die hards 

Think I vaguely remember the then Chorley Lynx owner Mr Hemmings(?) having grave concerns about the future of the RL club after a similar attendance in 2004 possibly against Gateshead.

Plug was pulled in final week of 2004 season prior to home game against York.

Might have been called 'Chorley Sporting Club' with Dennis Ramsdale as it's manager. It included the soccer club which is doing very well in 2019: average gates 1000+. And yes...I do watch the soccer at Victory Park 4/5 times per season.

4 hours ago, Chrome Dome said:

Yes they did play at Blackpool Mechs. soccer ground.nr Blackpool airport.

I remember going and seeing us (Workington Town) win 78-12 in front of 646 spectators in season 1992/93 (28/2/93)...I also remember being in a bar at the ground about 1 hour before kick off and Blackpool had only half a dozen players there.......the rest did turn up before kick off,  even tho the scoreline would suggest not.

Remember going that season to watch the Cougars there, the week after Workys game, it was ridiculous, they couldn't cope with the size of the crowd, 1214 or the Cougar's 8-82, think we parked what seemed like miles away?

23 hours ago, doc said:

A book on this subject would make War and Peace look like the Dandy!!! 

London's nomadic history has nothing on these clubs 

3 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Think I vaguely remember the then Chorley Lynx owner Mr Hemmings(?) having grave concerns about the future of the RL club after a similar attendance in 2004 possibly against Gateshead.

Plug was pulled in final week of 2004 season prior to home game against York.

Might have been called 'Chorley Sporting Club' with Dennis Ramsdale as it's manager. It included the soccer club which is doing very well in 2019: average gates 1000+. And yes...I do watch the soccer at Victory Park 4/5 times per season.

Trevor Hemmings, current owner of Preston North End. 

3 hours ago, Celt said:

Am pretty sure that one of the Lancashire Lynx players won the 'Gladiators' TV show.  I remember him being virtually unstoppable on the Powerball game.

Neil Parsley. Think he played full back. I was buzzing as a kid to see him on telly having known he’d played against Leigh. 

I just about missed the Lancashire Lynx days at Deepdale but have seen Leigh play at Chorley (I actually walked to the game from Leigh as a sponsored walk and Neil Turley equalled the club record for points in a game), and I’m pretty sure we were the first opposition for the re-formed Blackpool at Bloomfield Road in front of a decent crowd before also seeing us at Fylde RU. 

Archived