The Hottest Temperature a game of RL has been played in

With it currently being 35 degrees in France at the time I write this and highs of 37 degrees forecast on Friday it got me wondering what is the hottest recorded temperature at a RL match.

I'd expect something pretty high in PNG or North Queensland but the temperatures in France can't be far off at the moment.

Even with regular water breaks I'm amazed players can perform in those sort of temperatures. 

There was a round 1 game in Melbourne a few years ago when it was said to be 42C. I think the NRL generally avoids 3pm kick-offs early season in the hotter parts of Australia now.

53 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I don't know the practicalities, but considering the heat, it would make sense for Toulouse and Catalans kick off times this weekend to be delayed until late evening when it is cooler.

If the Bulls are booked on the same flight back to LBIA as York were, then they'll have about 2 hours from the final whistle to actually board the plane...

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

I don't know the practicalities, but considering the heat, it would make sense for Toulouse and Catalans kick off times this weekend to be delayed until late evening when it is cooler.

Kick off at 8pm 

It was 36 degrees when Leigh played mid-afternoon in Toronto in June last year. The humidity had it touching over 40 degrees at one point though luckily in the second half the breeze picked up and it clouded over a little bit. 

On 04/07/2019 at 17:22, Bullseye said:

With it currently being 35 degrees in France at the time I write this and highs of 37 degrees forecast on Friday it got me wondering what is the hottest recorded temperature at a RL match.

I'd expect something pretty high in PNG or North Queensland but the temperatures in France can't be far off at the moment.

Even with regular water breaks I'm amazed players can perform in those sort of temperatures. 

I played in 47c 

My first Wembley final was in 1976 - it was reported as being horrendously hot in the stadium that day - close to 100 degrees. don't remember the players taking water breaks

On 05/07/2019 at 17:23, Leyther_Matt said:

It was 36 degrees when Leigh played mid-afternoon in Toronto in June last year. The humidity had it touching over 40 degrees at one point though luckily in the second half the breeze picked up and it clouded over a little bit. 

Yesterday's game was only 31 degrees but, with the 77% humidity at one point, the humidex was 44.

Brooklyn Kings v White Plains Wombats 2016. 40 largely unfit men on a pitch the size of Wembley in 38c and 100% humidity. Final score 52-48, every tackle was like a marathon. 

Probably worse in PNG but at least they’re used to it.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On 07/07/2019 at 21:25, Lamport Life said:

Yesterday's game was only 31 degrees but, with the 77% humidity at one point, the humidex was 44.

When Wales played PNG in the last world cup it was 34 with 80% humidity, I looked up how to calculate humidex and for those conditions the humidex was 50.

Archived