Left-footed goal kickers

15 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Just a random question that popped up on a pub conversation.

How many goal kickers in Super League are left footed? Out of the main kickers. Seems a weird proportion!

I personally think there are more left handed people about generally full stop. 

rldfsignature.jpg

Just on a completely random tangent, I was watching the US golf recently and after watching Phil Mickelson play as a 'leftie' for years I was amazed to see him sign autographs right handed.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Just on a completely random tangent, I was watching the US golf recently and after watching Phil Mickelson play as a 'leftie' for years I was amazed to see him sign autographs right handed.

I have heard him talk about it before. When he was a kid just starting to play he would stand opposite his dad and mirror his swing. Hence it was a left handed swing.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

I have heard him talk about it before. When he was a kid just starting to play he would stand opposite his dad and mirror his swing. Hence it was a left handed swing.

That is interesting. I write left-handed but play anything with a bat, racquet or club right-handed from following my dad.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

25 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

That is interesting. I write left-handed but play anything with a bat, racquet or club right-handed from following my dad.

I'm the same, seemed easier to me that way but was still rubbish at those type of sports, I use a knife and fork the same way, and that I am really good at?

I'm right handed but anything two-handed (cricket, golf) I am left handed. My two brothers were the same.

I had a mate at school who did everything right handed except that he wrote left handed. And I recently noticed (after about forty years) that my right-handed son holds his knife in his left and his fork in his right. Weird or what?

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

5 minutes ago, Stan Doffarf said:

I'm right handed but anything two-handed (cricket, golf) I am left handed. My two brothers were the same.

I had a mate at school who did everything right handed except that he wrote left handed. And I recently noticed (after about forty years) that my right-handed son holds his knife in his left and his fork in his right. Weird or what?

Yet he typed this left handed....

53 minutes ago, Stan Doffarf said:

I do the same.

And I also have a mate that was left handed but played golf right handed. He said it was cheaper and easier to get hold of equipment when he was younger!

Anyways, so there's Brough at Wakefield, Sneyd at Hull...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

My Dad is right handed but played Cricket left handed. Whenever I play golf, albeit extremely rarely, I do it right handed despite being left handed. I could never work left handed scissors and write 'normally' as opposed to curving the wrist, which a lot of lefties do. Weird.

2 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

My Dad is right handed but played Cricket left handed. Whenever I play golf, albeit extremely rarely, I do it right handed despite being left handed. I could never work left handed scissors and write 'normally' as opposed to curving the wrist, which a lot of lefties do. Weird.

Your dad was always a bit odd though.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

My Dad is right handed but played Cricket left handed.

Is your Dad David Gower?

I remember being fascinated by Gary Pearce, a Welsh Union signing for Hull FC who became a very good RL player, who could kick with both feet, seemingly with equal success.

Personally speaking, I'm hopeless with both my left hand and left foot, it just feels so awkward.

Anyway, back to the subject matter, how many left footers are there in SL?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

I do the curved wrist thing. I've always thought it is so the ink doesn't get smudged as my hand moves across the page. When you think, right handed, the hand is moving away from the writing. I also write with the paper basically horizontal so I'm almost writing uphill. My writing is always on a slant and so curly and intricate it looks like something from a medieval scroll. I remember a teacher once saying to me that my writing was some of the most amazing she'd ever seen but it took her three times longer to mark it than anyone else's cos the lettering was so intricate. 

This is one I always bring up, I myself am Left footed and was a kicker playing rugby.

The ratio of left to right footers in a team must be 2 or 3 to 20. 

It has been said left footed kickers have better accuracy, hence why there are allot of left footed kickers out of the proportion of players in a squad. 

3 hours ago, TBC said:

Matt Frawley, Ollie Russell and Tom Holmes at the Giants.

Just noticed this was for goal kickers not just kickers.

Of those three Ollie Russell is the only goal kicker.

Simon Woolford believes Jake Wardle is the best goal kicker in the club and I think he's left footed.

Fun fact. I was just as good at kicking goals with my left foot as my right when I was playing. 

#ambiuseless

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

Brian Close England cricketer left handed batter,right handed bowler,also a Pro. footballer who could use either foot for passing, penalties whatever.

Closey was a bit of a freak, almost totally ambidextrous. I once read that he got down to scratch at golf playing left handed, then did the same again right handed.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

No tears to cry no feelings left