personalised number plates

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

I once saw a very plain looking VW Golf in Abersoch with the registration W1 GAN. 

It's the only private plate I've ever grudgingly admired; I usually think they are a subliminal cry for help.

Maurice Lindsay used to have that plate. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

12 hours ago, Copa said:

In Canberra we can get Canberra Raiders themed number plates from the local government. There’s quite a few around.

you mean they fall off mid season?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Phun phact: some number plates are blocked by the DVLA, even though they are in the correct format. This is why I've never been able to get my hands on P155 OFF or SH17 EAD. Shame.

I've never really understood the point of personalised number plates, although I do enjoy the air of desperation that hangs over the low budget ones: the ones where the owner has carefully spaced the letters and numbers, perhaps thrown in a few black capped mounting screws, and then convinced themselves they can see their name in it. I.I.I4NK3R5.

pretentious b*llocks

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, BryanC said:

"What's that mean on your number plate?"

"It's me initials"

"Why, can't you remember 'em?"

Pathetic pretentious nonsense (and don't get me going with double-barrelled surnames).

Are personalised numberplates really in the same vain as double-barrelled surnames??

8 minutes ago, Click said:

Are personalised numberplates really in the same vain as double-barrelled surnames??

I think multi barreled surnames should only be permitted if they include ftang-ftang-ole-biscuitbarrel as part of the name

In april 2012 fev beat cas in the cup. The levels of euphoria I experienced was astonishing.

The monday after I went on a joint assessment in wakey with a lass from the aids and adaptations team.

I was there first. Imagine the joy when she pulls up wi CA51FAN.....

oooooo I had fun!!??

On 09/03/2020 at 11:33, Click said:

Freudian slip? ?

I have to be honest I never used to be interested in them, until I bought one for my missus as a gift.   Then I decided to get one (not a fancy one) that meant something personal to me (not W1 RES) and it helps hide the age of my car.

There are worse people around than those with personalised registrations.

43 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Freudian slip? ?

I have to be honest I never used to be interested in them, until I bought one for my missus as a gift.   Then I decided to get one (not a fancy one) that meant something personal to me (not W1 RES) and it helps hide the age of my car.

Both my wife and I have them. ( What else you can buy someone for a present who has no need for anything?).

Both are currently held on registration rather on the vehicles. 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

6 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Freudian slip? ?

Why hide the age of the car?

Archived