Super League XXIV. So it looks like.....

One team, Saints, look big favourites to win everything, LLS, Cup final and SLGF.

One team, Warrington, look like favourites to be runners up in everything.

Four clubs, Hull, Wigan, Cas and Cats have genuine playoff hopes without coming close to being as good as they've been in selected recent years.

Everyone else will be happy to stay up.

24 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

One team, Saints, look big favourites to win everything, LLS, Cup final and SLGF.

Four clubs, Hull, Wigan, Cas and Cats have genuine playoff hopes without coming close to being as good as they've been in selected recent years.

just out of interest have you re-used this posts from last year?

26 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Agree with most of that except about Cats - they'll drop like a stone IMO and will be one of those clubs just happy to stay up. If anyone is going to disturb the top 5 as it currently sits I'd have to say Leeds will be most likely - not least of all because 6 of their remaining games are at home. 

7 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Agree with most of that except about Cats - they'll drop like a stone IMO and will be one of those clubs just happy to stay up. If anyone is going to disturb the top 5 as it currently sits I'd have to say Leeds will be most likely - not least of all because 6 of their remaining games are at home. 

Fair call.

It's very tight, from 12th right up to 3rd place tbh

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Surely that gives them a huge advantage? (Don't go off on one, I'm just having a wind-up).

12 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Surely that gives them a huge advantage? (Don't go off on one, I'm just having a wind-up).

Totally unfair on the likes of Cas and Wakey in the fight for the top 5, as not only an advantage to Leeds in getting a play off place, but they also get a near brand new stadium. ?

19 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Yeah fantastic zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

9 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Nothing to go off on one about ??‍♂️ Just a simple fact as Leeds played away a lot start of season before Headingley finished.

I'd been reading the schmozzle about Toronto being favoured by allowing them to play fixtures in blocks.

29 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

With the addition of Ryan Carr to the coaching team at Leeds I predict that they will make the play offs and get to the grand final.

Bit early to be drinking?

Leeds will sneak into the top five. (Let’s face it the competition for the fifth spot isn’t very strong) and will make it into the grand final, at which point this forum will go into meltdown.

London or Hull KR to go down.

I’m also backing Wigan to have a big say in the playoffs.   As a Warrington fan I’d rather face Saints than Wigan in a final, and I have a sneaky feeling it will be a Saints-Wigan GF.

3 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I’m also backing Wigan to have a big say in the playoffs.   As a Warrington fan I’d rather face Saints than Wigan in a final, and I have a sneaky feeling it will be a Saints-Wigan GF.

The thought of Wigan and Leeds sneaking into the Grand Final fills me with despair. Just when you think it's going to be a bit of a mix, it's looking like it could be the same old same old.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

10 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Agreed. I’m a Saints fan but I’m convinced Wigan are going to win it again and have put £20 on them at 16/1 - the pay out will soften the blow. 

3 hours ago, fighting irish said:

I'd been reading the schmozzle about Toronto being favoured by allowing them to play fixtures in blocks.

Yes.  And Wigan have to returf the DW stadium every year (although I had thought this had been fixed). And say Giants have to share with Huddersfield Town. Various floodlights fall over and someone's toilets block up.   So if Toronto had gone up we might have had a situation where everybody was playing away at one point!!    ?

6 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Yes.  And Wigan have to returf the DW stadium every year (although I had thought this had been fixed). And say Giants have to share with Huddersfield Town. Various floodlights fall over and someone's toilets block up.   So if Toronto had gone up we might have had a situation where everybody was playing away at one point!!    ?

Strangely , Toronto going up might actually work , given they can't play at home in ' winter/spring ' and we have teams that can't play at home in summer , it should even itself out 

Leeds will not be in the G.F. unless they sign another 6 or 7 players. Fair enough they are playing a bit better of late but last night they did not have to be good to beat Cas.On last nights showing Toronto and Leigh would have beaten Cas.. 

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Agreed. I’m a Saints fan but I’m convinced Wigan are going to win it again and have put £20 on them at 16/1 - the pay out will soften the blow. 

This system makes it hard to win below one of the top two spots and near impossible from fifth ( three away games against good opposition). The gap between Wigan and Warrington is 8 points and a big points difference probably a gap too big. 

On 05/07/2019 at 20:17, fighting irish said:

Hardly a huge advantage. By the end of the season they will have played the same number of home and away games as we everybody else.

Doesn't really matter what order they are played in.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

Archived