AGM Shambles

Bruce Almighty

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Bruce Almighty said:

I have to say I have never witnessed anything like the AGM.

No doubt those who have got in will feel happy, but all they have done is shown they are desperately trying to cling onto/regain power.

The votes were cast prior to the meeting, so how does the fact that the actual meeting was a shambles affect that vote and those who were elected?

11 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

The votes were cast prior to the meeting, so how does the fact that the actual meeting was a shambles affect that vote and those who were elected?

You obviously weren’t at the meeting

Changing the rules by using ‘proxy’ votes on the day!

railroading through changes on the number of those elected but saying that 3 more would be elected in September, presumably once the numbers can ‘manipulated’ again.

Allowing Mr ‘Pratt’ (oh the irony ) to attack individuals 

pretty much this and a lot more

2 minutes ago, Bruce Almighty said:

You obviously weren’t at the meeting

Changing the rules by using ‘proxy’ votes on the day!

railroading through changes on the number of those elected but saying that 3 more would be elected in September, presumably once the numbers can ‘manipulated’ again.

Allowing Mr ‘Pratt’ (oh the irony ) to attack individuals 

pretty much this and a lot more

But again I say, whatever was said by whom, about what, changing rules, etc did not affect the votes for the elected board members, because that was done prior to the meeting,so had no influence whatsoever.

Just now, Athleticgrounds said:

But again I say, whatever was said by whom, about what, changing rules, etc did not affect the votes for the elected board members, because that was done prior to the meeting,so had no influence whatsoever.

Tales of hand delivered multiple memberships handed in by one individual in the same handwriting and these turning into votes/proxy’s

Changes on rules on the day against the rules of the constitution 

Allowing people to make speeches attacking hard working members of the club, again against the constitution 

22 minutes ago, Bruce Almighty said:

Tales of hand delivered multiple memberships handed in by one individual in the same handwriting and these turning into votes/proxy’s

Changes on rules on the day against the rules of the constitution 

Allowing people to make speeches attacking hard working members of the club, again against the constitution 

I cannot see anything wrong with multiple memberships, it is money for the club and surely a club like ours cannot turn down money of any sort. Wish we had a thousand members, the issue in the past has been that no one outside the members themselves, knew how to become a member. It should have been on the club website with a closing date to qualify for any voting rights. It took a fellow member on this site to inform me of the joining policy. I thought it was a closed shop.

How sad that the club is tearing itself apart.  Whilst the egomaniacs fight each other  the casual spectator turns away from the club.  Omerord was good spirited to leave his 176k written off.  The balance sheet is steady state but give it two years and the show may well be over.

5 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

How sad that the club is tearing itself apart.  Whilst the egomaniacs fight each other  the casual spectator turns away from the club.  Omerord was good spirited to leave his 176k written off.  The balance sheet is steady state but give it two years and the show may well be over.

Totally agree Larry, unless this new board can get every director pulling the same way, then the club has no chance of survival, you cannot have a divided board in a club like Hornets, where every decision made needs to be the correct one. It is upsetting that certain individuals, who in their own ways have given the club great service and dedication have sadly their own agendas and have clearly split the board and the membership.

Well I've seen a few stitch ups in my time but that meeting today was in a class all of it's own . The " Chairman " allowing people who haven't attended games for years to mount gratuitous attacks on hardworking people who are Hornets through and through was a disgrace. " Let's put this to a show of hands and my pal will count the hands, oh and by the way here's my 32 proxy votes !  "Absolutely outrageous behaviour.  Anybody with the dosh to challenge this charade in the courts would have a field day.

I walked out of that meeting in disgust, it was a travesty and the perpetrators who say they have the best interests of the club at heart should hang their heads in shame. You may fool the mugs who  "voted"  for you but you don't fool me.

Rochdale Hornets have seen some dark days in the past but this must be the darkest day ever. I came out of that meeting feeling dirty and it'll be a long while, if ever, before I attend another game. 

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Was a Presiding Officer in attendance to monitor/record AGM proceedings?

No but the acting Club Secretary was there but her advice was totally ingnored by the " Chairman ". There were one or two other people there that had already decided what the script was going to be and were prepared to ride a coach and horses though the rulebook to ensure they got their own way. It was an absolutely disasterous meeting for the club that has split us right down the middle. It makes Brexit look like a minor disagreement amongst friends !

2 hours ago, Larry Jones said:

Who do you think you can thank for the healthy  condition the balance sheet is in ? Yes, you're right, our much abused  CEO. Lets see how the people who burnt through the Morrisons money and the SKY money and the substancial sums that well meaning people put into the club go on now.

The cupboard will be bare in 2 years.  Central funding will be no more and sadly Hornets will go the same way as Bramley and Borough and not on their own.  Sounds like a sad night for the club.  The true fans like the TLCR for 80 just want to watch a game, others can sniff the perceived power from attending Red Hall with the RFL but it's not what it was.

1 minute ago, Larry Jones said:

The cupboard will be bare in 2 years.  Central funding will be no more and sadly Hornets will go the same way as Bramley and Borough and not on their own.  Sounds like a sad night for the club.  The true fans like the TLCR for 80 just want to watch a game, others can sniff the perceived power from attending Red Hall with the RFL but it's not what it was.

We all know the bloke behind TLCR for 80. If you cut him in half it would read " Rochdale Hornets". He was the ONE fan who went to Toulouse for that play off game when nobody else gave us a chance. He lives and breathes Rugby League in general and Hornets in particular. He's also a very smart, articulate and able man. I'd trust this guy with my life yet he wasn't deemed to be enough of a Hornet to be a board member instead of some of the no marks that got voted in today.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well I've seen a few stitch ups in my time but that meeting today was in a class all of it's own . The " Chairman " allowing people who haven't attended games for years to mount gratuitous attacks on hardworking people who are Hornets through and through was a disgrace. " Let's put this to a show of hands and my pal will count the hands, oh and by the way here's my 32 proxy votes !  "Absolutely outrageous behaviour.  Anybody with the dosh to challenge this charade in the courts would have a field day.

I walked out of that meeting in disgust, it was a travesty and the perpetrators who say they have the best interests of the club at heart should hang their heads in shame. You may fool the mugs who  "voted"  for you but you don't fool me.

Rochdale Hornets have seen some dark days in the past but this must be the darkest day ever. I came out of that meeting feeling dirty and it'll be a long while, if ever, before I attend another game. 

It was never going to be a positive meeting, the board was too divided, no matter who was right or wrong, I really don't think slagging the Chairman and saying Paul Ormerod was the past, at the last members meeting, helped anyone and really got a few people's backs up.The only hope we have is the new board can start afresh and be united in taking the club forward

No but the acting Club Secretary was there but her advice was totally ingnored by the " Chairman ". There were one or two other people there that had already decided what the script was going to be and were prepared to ride a coach and horses though the rulebook to ensure they got their own way. It was an absolutely disasterous meeting for the club that has split us right down the middle. It makes Brexit look like a minor disagreement amongst friends !

All the ###### that went on had no bearing whatsoever on the vote for the elected board,as that was carried out before the meeting. Nothing more democratic than that. So whatever rubbish was said and whatever side you bat for the vote for the elected board was carried out correctly.

Who do you think you can thank for the healthy  condition the balance sheet is in ? Yes, you're right, our much abused  CEO. Lets see how the people who burnt through the Morrisons money and the SKY money and the substancial sums that well meaning people put into the club go on now.

Who on earth are the people that "burned the Morrisons money" allegedly of course, who were up for election, I didn't notice any of those on the CVs I received. Sounds to me Tyrone you have some personal agenda here.

11 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

It was never going to be a positive meeting, the board was too divided, no matter who was right or wrong, I really don't think slagging the Chairman and saying Paul Ormerod was the past, at the last members meeting, helped anyone and really got a few people's backs up.The only hope we have is the new board can start afresh and be united in taking the club forward

There's not a chance of that. The new board have no legitimacy in most people's eyes. The people I spoke to outside the ground after the meeting were disgusted with the antics of the chairman. I spent most of my time talking people out of resigning their memberships.

1 minute ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Who on earth are the people that "burned the Morrisons money" allegedly of course, who were up for election, I didn't notice any of those on the CVs I received. Sounds to me Tyrone you have some personal agenda here.

Well somebody did. It didn't spend itself.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Tyrone.

The whole problem at Hornets currently is that the club, board, members,call them what you like are divided.end of story. The irony of the whole situation is that those who are opposed have so much to offer as individuals to the future of the club, so in some way they have got to unite, start afresh and get the club going in a positive direction,any more division and there will be no club, of that I am sure

38 minutes ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Tyrone.

The whole problem at Hornets currently is that the club, board, members,call them what you like are divided.end of story. The irony of the whole situation is that those who are opposed have so much to offer as individuals to the future of the club, so in some way they have got to unite, start afresh and get the club going in a positive direction,any more division and there will be no club, of that I am sure

Unfortunately today's meeting only served to make the divide into a chasm. A can't see a way back to be honest.

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Unfortunately today's meeting only served to make the divide into a chasm. A can't see a way back to be honest.

Then sadly, there will be no Hornets in 2 years, unless those on both sides agree to forgo their differences for the good of the club. There has to be an Olive Branch from both sides.

If a place can't be found for intellecutual individuals like TLCR and Paul O then it's a struggle.  It becomes the bully boy express.  However tell the footie club this time we are withholding the rent and the lease ends up in the recycling bin.

it will be like the white smoke emerging who the new chairperson will be and how he/she will pour oil on troubled waters, if they actually want to that is.

Looking back the Hornets nest egg was such a good concept, it raised decent money and made the board accountable.

The Morrisons money is the elephant in the room which perhaps turned the people against the club, however John Woods, Kevin Harcombe and Neil Holding didn't come cheap to be fair.  That perhaps was Hornets time to be a Warrington and establish the club.

Archived