AGM Shambles

Bruce Almighty

2 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Regarding Mr Rush, if being Mayor of your town and being a Local Councillor voted in for the last 15 years+ makes him a bad politician, I'd love to see a good one. 

He even changed his mind which party to represent when the Liberals went on the slide.

His puppet masters at Hornets will be pulling his strings now.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, boro hornet said:

He even changed his mind which party to represent when the Liberals went on the slide.

His puppet masters at Hornets will be pulling his strings now.

D

Politicians changing parties, that doesn't happen very often? His constituents seem to like him and I must admit he appears very popular at Hornets.

On 07/07/2019 at 12:19, Athleticgrounds said:

Well I'm sure you know all the elected board what is your opinion on them as individuals, having to guide the club through difficult times?

I don't know them to well as indeviduals but that's irrelevant, how the meeting was conducted and how some of the members and the board reacted to being questioned told me a lot.

As for as the difficulties the club are facing I hope they do well and I hope I am wrong, but you can only judge people on what you see and what I saw on saterday was not good.

1 minute ago, The Lad said:

I don't know them to well as indeviduals but that's irrelevant, how the meeting was conducted and how some of the members and the board reacted to being questioned told me a lot.

As for as the difficulties the club are facing I hope they do well and I hope I am wrong, but you can only judge people on what you see and what I saw on saterday was not good.

Can't disagree with that Lad, but as I have stated many times the elected board was voted for before the meeting,the invigilators were independent and endorsed by the membership.

1 hour ago, Packer Spout said:

The floor of the meeting voted 20 odd to 6 for a 6 man board - without any proxy votes or postal, what is wrong here a vote was won by the floor of the AGM - water tight  

I think that tells me you weren't there. A lot of people had walked out in disgust by then. I would have thought they would have been the ones originally intending to vote for the 9 man board. There must have been 60 to 70 people at the meeting. What about all the members that weren't there ? They didn't get a vote at all. This is really a red herring anyway, it was totally against the rules to have a show of hands in the first place. 

A really sad thread this is. I know I'm a roughyed but seriously, lower league rugby league is on its last legs. Over in Oldham their are some of us that fear it's only a matter of time before things come to a close. I truly hope this doesn't happen to either club. No more A627m el classico isn't a thought I like to think about. As rugby league fans we've got to support each other regardless of what club we follow.

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

lower league rugby league is on its last legs. 

A situation partly fuelled by “rumours (leaks?)” about funding post the next tv deal. This has to be addressed very urgently by all clubs below Super League, with their collective hands around the RFL throats to secure a structure to benefit the whole game.  It certainly won’t be solved in this thread!

Meantime, Hornets has to come together as a club.  Hopefully with a team that can help end this dreadful season with a few wins and that will be competing in whatever emerges thereafter. 

11 hours ago, glemiln said:

A situation partly fuelled by “rumours (leaks?)” about funding post the next tv deal. This has to be addressed very urgently by all clubs below Super League, with their collective hands around the RFL throats to secure a structure to benefit the whole game.  It certainly won’t be solved in this thread!

Meantime, Hornets has to come together as a club.  Hopefully with a team that can help end this dreadful season with a few wins and that will be competing in whatever emerges thereafter. 

Looking at the remaining games,no chance.

In reality Mr Rush should have done the decent thing and fallen on his sword.

His tenure as chair has been a disaster, splitting the club off the field, and on the playing side he’s already on his third coach in little over a year and the team performance the worst since the dark days of 2007 & 2008.

We need to re-capture what the club showed it was capable of during the previous 10 years. Strong, open leadership, a culture of building a winning team and people feeling included.

As a gesture the new board should co-opt the three members who missed out when the goalposts were moved at the AGM.

These actions will go some way to repairing the damage the AGM did to the club.

16 hours ago, Bruce Almighty said:

In reality Mr Rush should have done the decent thing and fallen on his sword.

His tenure as chair has been a disaster, splitting the club off the field, and on the playing side he’s already on his third coach in little over a year and the team performance the worst since the dark days of 2007 & 2008.

We need to re-capture what the club showed it was capable of during the previous 10 years. Strong, open leadership, a culture of building a winning team and people feeling included.

As a gesture the new board should co-opt the three members who missed out when the goalposts were moved at the AGM.

These actions will go some way to repairing the damage the AGM did to the club.

Mr Rush a disaster, splitting  the club? Hardly..... a large percentage of the membership are clearly supporting him and perhaps if one or two people had been a little more respectful toward him and Paul Ormerod, we may not have had the chaos of the AGM last Saturday and also had the balanced board you suggest. Sadly age is against Mr Rush who has served Hornets and the town in general well, I think he should stand down at the end of the season, for no other reason than his personal health and well being, who wants to take very personal abuse at 80+ from people who should be supporting you and who quite frankly lost a lot of membership support over their antics at a previous members meeting. 

11 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Mr Rush a disaster, splitting  the club? Hardly..... a large percentage of the membership are clearly supporting him and perhaps if one or two people had been a little more respectful toward him and Paul Ormerod, we may not have had the chaos of the AGM last Saturday and also had the balanced board you suggest. Sadly age is against Mr Rush who has served Hornets and the town in general well, I think he should stand down at the end of the season, for no other reason than his personal health and well being, who wants to take very personal abuse at 80+ from people who should be supporting you and who quite frankly lost a lot of membership support over their antics at a previous members meeting. 

If he did decide to step down he would make an excellent ambassador for the club.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

15 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Mr Rush a disaster, splitting  the club? Hardly..... a large percentage of the membership are clearly supporting him and perhaps if one or two people had been a little more respectful toward him and Paul Ormerod, we may not have had the chaos of the AGM last Saturday and also had the balanced board you suggest

Where you there that day?, the reason he got the lack of respect was because of his own actions people need to be accountable for the things they do and people at the meeting made it clear that they were not happy, that's all. And on the subject of lack of respect I don't hear you having a problem when hard working volantiers were disrespected. Again i have to wonder why people like you have a problem with some disrespectful behaviour shown to some but not others.

15 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

I think he should stand down at the end of the season, for no other reason than his personal health and well being, who wants to take very personal abuse at 80+ from people who should be supporting you 

Why should people support him if they don't agree with him?

What was the very personal abuse he suffered?

23 minutes ago, The Lad said:

Where you there that day?, the reason he got the lack of respect was because of his own actions people need to be accountable for the things they do and people at the meeting made it clear that they were not happy, that's all. And on the subject of lack of respect I don't hear you having a problem when hard working volantiers were disrespected. Again i have to wonder why people like you have a problem with some disrespectful behaviour shown to some but not others.

Why should people support him if they don't agree with him?

What was the very personal abuse he suffered?

I am not talking about people's reaction to last week's AGM, the personal stuff was at a previous members meeting as I have stated at the end of my post and which you have conveniently chosen not to include. Details of that meeting  and what was said, have been previously documented on this forum. My suggestion to you is to speak to Mr Rush, the odd time I have spoken to him he seems very approachable whether you're agree with him or not.

17 hours ago, Packer Spout said:

Been told old board r like brexit keep voting until we are in - democracy trashed people paid 40 quid to vote 

I must say your eloquent commentary really needs to add more to the debate.  You are a terrific political beast I haven't a clue what you want out of it all.  How do you see the future Packer?  Where do you see Hornets in 3 years Packer?  Do you think 40 pounds was good value Packer?

Where do you stand on brexit by the way?  I was a remainer for my sins.

1 hour ago, Athleticgrounds said:

I am not talking about people's reaction to last week's AGM, the personal stuff was at a previous members meeting as I have stated at the end of my post and which you have conveniently chosen not to include. Details of that meeting  and what was said, have been previously documented on this forum. My suggestion to you is to speak to Mr Rush, the odd time I have spoken to him he seems very approachable whether you're agree with him or not.

It depends on which Mr rush we are talking about I have spoken to him on match days briefly and he seems fine, but at the meeting we were not seeing eye to eye and I saw a very different side to him one I think is the true side as it is easy to be nice when nothing is happening but difficult to be nice to someone you disagree with. As chairman that is a trate you need and one I feel Mr Rush is lacking.

16 minutes ago, The Lad said:

It depends on which Mr rush we are talking about I have spoken to him on match days briefly and he seems fine, but at the meeting we were not seeing eye to eye and I saw a very different side to him one I think is the true side as it is easy to be nice when nothing is happening but difficult to be nice to someone you disagree with. As chairman that is a trate you need and one I feel Mr Rush is lacking.

That's a fair comment. The whole business has got out of hand I think, somehow both sides of the whole scenario need to sit down, with a mediator Gareth Walker?.for the good of Hornets as a club.As I have previously stated why would you want all this aggro at 80+ years, Mr Rush should resign in September then as suggested by another forum member, take an ambassadorial role.

4 hours ago, The Lad said:

There is already a topic on this forum on that lovely completely non-divisive topic, I think it's on to 400+ pages lol.

Paul Kelly's view on Brexit.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

Brexit is less complicated than Hornets.  You have the intellectual element against the Jack boot element and nothing except Packer in the middle.  Rush is to be honest is a typical town politician they love having a title, but have little to offer and everything to gain.  "Have you seen councillors expenses"  Gavin for CEO within 3 months?  With PO that could have worked.  RAFC will be watching like a hawk, can't pay won't pay on standby.

Archived