Dual Registration- who’s got who?

Let me start by saying I’m not a huge fan of DR but as a Fev fan can see the benefits it’s brought to our team. We are often quoted as the team using DR but my understanding is the majority of the championship have it in place. 

Genuine question I have is how many Dual Reg setups are in play this year?

my understanding is the following but happy to be corrected 

Batley - Huddersfield 

Barrow - no DR

Bradford - no DR

Dewsbury - Wakefield 

Fev - Leeds 

Halifax - Cas

Leigh - Saints

Rochdale - Warrington 

Sheffield - London

Swinton - Wigan

Toronto - no DR

Toulouse - no DR

Widnes - no DR

York - Hull KR

16 minutes ago, mightyship said:

Let me start by saying I’m not a huge fan of DR but as a Fev fan can see the benefits it’s brought to our team. We are often quoted as the team using DR but my understanding is the majority of the championship have it in place. 

Genuine question I have is how many Dual Reg setups are in play this year?

my understanding is the following but happy to be corrected 

Batley - Huddersfield 

Barrow - no DR

Bradford - no DR

Dewsbury - Wakefield 

Fev - Leeds 

Halifax - Cas

Leigh - Saints

Rochdale - Warrington 

Sheffield - London

Swinton - Wigan

Toronto - no DR

Toulouse - no DR

Widnes - no DR

York - Hull KR

Don't set em off again! 

A bigger question, can anybody see any of those clubs depending on D/R this season being allowed into S.L. next season if they are fortunate enough to get the chance.? Face facts here, if D/R was not allowed this season where would the vast majority of them be. All in the bottom half of the league,that is where.

7 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

A bigger question, can anybody see any of those clubs depending on D/R this season being allowed into S.L. next season if they are fortunate enough to get the chance.? Face facts here, if D/R was not allowed this season where would the vast majority of them be. All in the bottom half of the league,that is where.

Well, the top three currently don't use a DR agreement, so they would probably be as they are.

Dual Reg, will always be controversial, but if it is within the Rules some Club's are going to use it. The game itself has created it, it is up to the powers that be to end it. As I said, if it stays in place, you can't blame a Club for using it.

Agree Gooleboy, but do any of them have any ambition to reach S.L.  Toronto,Toulouse and maybe Leigh have that ambition,although I would doubt very much that Leigh would be accepted. The rest I would assume would be sensible enough to realise that at the moment S.L. would be a massive gamble by them.Maybe within a couple of seasons a club like York with their new stadium might possibly take the plunge but the rest including Bradford would put themselves at serious risk of overstretching their means.Bradford might disagree but personally I would like to see them consolidate for three or four seasons before taking the gamble.

36 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Possibly- or using loans instead? 

13 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Agree Gooleboy, but do any of them have any ambition to reach S.L.  Toronto,Toulouse and maybe Leigh have that ambition,although I would doubt very much that Leigh would be accepted. The rest I would assume would be sensible enough to realise that at the moment S.L. would be a massive gamble by them.Maybe within a couple of seasons a club like York with their new stadium might possibly take the plunge but the rest including Bradford would put themselves at serious risk of overstretching their means.Bradford might disagree but personally I would like to see them consolidate for three or four seasons before taking the gamble.

Fair points, but you have to remember this arrangement suits the SL Clubs. So to deny a Club entry to the SL would be very hypocritical. As you say it might be a massive gamble for a Club to go up who have used DR, but if they want to have a go, so be it.

To be honest I’m not a big fan of dr but it does give clubs without a rich owner a chance of a level playing field. Personally I disagree with clubs having owners putting hundreds of thousands of pounds into clubs every year, these clubs are basically unsustainable as they cannot operate within their means. This means they get the pick of players and it gives them an unfair advantage.

1 minute ago, Cardypaul said:

To be honest I’m not a big fan of dr but it does give clubs without a rich owner a chance of a level playing field. Personally I disagree with clubs having owners putting hundreds of thousands of pounds into clubs every year, these clubs are basically unsustainable as they cannot operate within their means. This means they get the pick of players and it gives them an unfair advantage.

I think we would all like a wealthy owner, it does give the rich Clubs an advantage, but that is how it is in most sports. If they lost the backer they would have to try and cut their cloth accordingly like any other Club.

Get shot of it . Distorts the leagues and gives clubs an excuse to run with a smaller squad and stock up on DR  . Can’t be good , level playing field stand on your own two feet with you’re own identity and own players , and everyone knows what you’ve got . Players coming n going week by week . We used this for a few seasons but not lately and experience was very mixed and often not good and destabilising . Get a squad  and let’s see how the league pans out 

21 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

I think we would all like a wealthy owner, it does give the rich Clubs an advantage, but that is how it is in most sports. If they lost the backer they would have to try and cut their cloth accordingly like any other Club.

How many clubs have already hit trouble spending money they haven’t got, even football with its financial fair play rules have recognised it is an outdated concept that doesn’t work for the game as a whole 

2 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

How many clubs have already hit trouble spending money they haven’t got, even football with its financial fair play rules have recognised it is an outdated concept that doesn’t work for the game as a whole 

Loads of them, and I am sure there will be more, not just in RL. An ex Football Club owner who was a very successful Businessman once told me, and his Club played in the English top division, that because of the emotions involved in Sport the the Business acumen sometimes goes out of the window as the Fan in you can cloud decisions.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

York aren't dual registered with anyone in 2019.

They were dual registered with Hull KR in 2017 and 2018 though.

Thought we had a dr agreement with Coventry 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived