life below super league

7 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Don't know what they would do if they had that money source stopped.

I would love to see it happen and find out? All of a sudden the Swinton's and Batley's of this world, who have learned to live within their means would probably be beating the current crop of Super Greed clubs after they lose their mercenaries.

On 13/07/2019 at 12:29, scotchy1 said:

We have change. More is now expected of the lower leagues that simply to suckle on the SL teat

A slightly disturbing choice of metaphor.

In addition,  the use of a metaphor is more likely to obfuscate than elucidate any point you are trying to make. Might help to say what you really think. Though it won’t help me: I won’t be reading it.

8 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

My point wasnt that clubs shouldn't have aspiration, more that the aspiration for a few clubs to spend a small amount of time in SL disproportionately affects the running of the lower leagues

We are almost a quarter of a century in to SL and most lower league clubs haven't played in it. Most are nowhere near. Many how have played in it have played in it for 1 or 2 years out of the 24 years it has existed. 

For almost all lower league clubs, almost all of the time, super league isnt a consideration. Yet promotion to it is, for a large part of the game the be all and end all of the lower leagues existence. There is no point without Promotion to SL.

That misdirected focus has led to the absolute disaster of a competition the championship is. 

While your conclusion has merit , until SL is ' super ' don't expect that focus to change 

Archived