Healthy Progress in the North East

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Great stuff, really positive. And then they took Magic away from them, to go to a city where there is literally zero interest in the game, despite having Widnes and Saints less than 10 miles away. 

Really beggars belief doesn't it.

It's great to hear about how RL is growing in the NE. Why didn't the area get something in lieu of losing the Magic Weekend... the Challenge Cup Semi Finals perhaps... especially as Bolton's ability to host it seemed in doubt a short while back

28 minutes ago, Treize Hombres said:

It's great to hear about how RL is growing in the NE. Why didn't the area get something in lieu of losing the Magic Weekend... the Challenge Cup Semi Finals perhaps... especially as Bolton's ability to host it seemed in doubt a short while back

The World Cup Opener is going to be at St James park, sadly England won’t be playing another tier one nation in it though and this is a long way off. 

I’d like to see some of the big clubs take this into their own hands and take a double header to St James Park. Something like Warrington v Wigan and Leeds v Hull would attract a big crowd. You’d think the local authority would back this financially after seeing magic weekend first hand.

17 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’d like to see some of the big clubs take this into their own hands and take a double header to St James Park. Something like Warrington v Wigan and Leeds v Hull would attract a big crowd. You’d think the local authority would back this financially after seeing magic weekend first hand.

That would be an ideal replacement for losing Magic.

I think "on the road" games should be part of the fixture list each season. If Hull and Wigan can go to Sydney under the pretext of showing Australia what SL has to offer then it makes sense for it to be done here as well.

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Agreed. There are too many games so have home and away, then magic and one road game - 24 league games is enough. You never know we might even get a game down here in Norfolk some time!

Quality over quantity every time. These loop fixtures are just another ridiculous idea which dilutes our game. It comes to something when Sky won't be showing this week's Wigan v Saints derby. I know Leeds v Hull KR is important but if Wigan v Saints played once home and away there's no doubt it would be televised.

Would also love to see a SL game in Norfolk or any other place where there isn't a professional RL presence.....get the game on the road and see what the reaction is 

I think a lot of people from here would go to Carrow Road out of curiosity (there is certainly a lot of respect for RL), plus a lads weekend in Norwich or family trip to the coast would draw people here for a trip more than some other places eg Coventry. Plus we have literally no professional sport to watch other than the mighty Norwich City. 

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think a lot of people from here would go to Carrow Road out of curiosity (there is certainly a lot of respect for RL), plus a lads weekend in Norwich or family trip to the coast would draw people here for a trip more than some other places eg Coventry. Plus we have literally no professional sport to watch other than the mighty Norwich City. 

You've hit the nail on the head there.....no other sports apart from the ubiquitous Association Football and a market where people would go out of curiosity. These are the places RL should be focussing on, not bizarre choices like Denver....who would have thought that would have been a flop???

There are plenty of places here that could be tried even for a one off fixture 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

It would need a lot of people from Norwich to go as not sure you’d get many travelling fans - having been a few times it’s literally the back end of nowhere and hours from any real supporter base!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Back on topic - great work in the NE!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

4 hours ago, Treize Hombres said:

Would be a great idea for next season. I'm really looking forward to the semis because there's more than one game (although I'm not sure if the chances of me sticking around it we lose).

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Agreed. There are too many games so have home and away, then magic and one road game - 24 league games is enough. You never know we might even get a game down here in Norfolk some time!

with Alan Partridge commentating !

ap.jpg

3 hours ago, Essai Machine said:

with Alan Partridge commentating !

ap.jpg

A perfect opportunity to re-post this clip.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Archived