Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AB Knight

Next up: Batley

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, White Knight said:

A point keeps us second.

The Bulls drew too, at home to Swinton.

842458E6-F212-469B-9F8A-B9697E52FE72.png

I think today's results make Sunday's fixture against the Bulls a 'must win' for them.

 

Should be an absolute belter, I'm going to see the unveiling of the plaque at Clarence Street prior to the match, hoping for a hugely memorable, enjoyable day.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how many Knight fans were there today but it was an impressive turnout and the view from the back of the stand was fantastic with all the colours on show. Difficult place to go and we looked like we were feeling it a bit in 2nd half but glad to snatch the point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to agree with Fordy, today was a point gained. A tough game, and a draw was probably a fair result. We have just taken 3 points from 2 difficult away games, I'll settle for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Not sure how many Knight fans were there today but it was an impressive turnout and the view from the back of the stand was fantastic with all the colours on show. Difficult place to go and we looked like we were feeling it a bit in 2nd half but glad to snatch the point. 

So how was your first visit to the Mount ?...did you go for a beer in town or straight to the ground.....


"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RogerT said:

Well done to that York supporter that volunteered to have his head shaved as well as Wardy it raised an extra £200.

A big shout out to Nikki Wilson , as always your late dad Wilbur would have been proud of you for helping this worthy cause. Wish we'd stayed behind to witness this. Knowing Nikki, after all them sherbets he'll have woken up this morning and said ' wheres me f......g hair gone'. 😮

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RPH said:

So how was your first visit to the Mount ?...did you go for a beer in town or straight to the ground.....

Really enjoyed it thanks. Went to the Union Rooms to recover from that hill walk for a pint then into the beer garden at the back of the stand, that has got to be the biggest hidden secret in rugby league! Was fantastic setup, cheap prices and food too, love the idea and hope it will stay that way looking forward to visiting again. Best of luck for the rest of the season! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go onto the Batley facebook page the hair shave is on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 of us ex Punch Bowl lads set off from York about 11am. Age range 42 to 75. Got to Hanging Heaton WMC  for a couple of hours drinking before going onto the match. Enjoyed the beer garden with Bulldog Bitter getting some hammer. Good setup at Batley. Tight game with Jack Teanby the standout player for me. A draw was a fair result. Had to laugh when their long-haired forward came off the pitch and walked by us. Our Nik sez "Ey mate, you wanna get yer hair cut" he replies "im gonna, straight after the game for charity" Nik says "so will i then!  Sure enough he stuck to his word and we all had quick whipround and got about £200 to add to the fund. Great laugh watching the batley lad shaving Nikkis head.  Set off back to York just after 6 and of course finished up in the tavern. What a great day had by all .

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boyny said:

28 of us ex Punch Bowl lads set off from York about 11am. Age range 42 to 75. Got to Hanging Heaton WMC  for a couple of hours drinking before going onto the match. Enjoyed the beer garden with Bulldog Bitter getting some hammer. Good setup at Batley. Tight game with Jack Teanby the standout player for me. A draw was a fair result. Had to laugh when their long-haired forward came off the pitch and walked by us. Our Nik sez "Ey mate, you wanna get yer hair cut" he replies "im gonna, straight after the game for charity" Nik says "so will i then!  Sure enough he stuck to his word and we all had quick whipround and got about £200 to add to the fund. Great laugh watching the batley lad shaving Nikkis head.  Set off back to York just after 6 and of course finished up in the tavern. What a great day had by all .

Glad you enjoyed your day , and thank you for participating in the head shave 

  • Like 4

IMG_0583.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boyny said:

28 of us ex Punch Bowl lads set off from York about 11am. Age range 42 to 75. Got to Hanging Heaton WMC  for a couple of hours drinking before going onto the match. Enjoyed the beer garden with Bulldog Bitter getting some hammer. Good setup at Batley. Tight game with Jack Teanby the standout player for me. A draw was a fair result. Had to laugh when their long-haired forward came off the pitch and walked by us. Our Nik sez "Ey mate, you wanna get yer hair cut" he replies "im gonna, straight after the game for charity" Nik says "so will i then!  Sure enough he stuck to his word and we all had quick whipround and got about £200 to add to the fund. Great laugh watching the batley lad shaving Nikkis head.  Set off back to York just after 6 and of course finished up in the tavern. What a great day had by all .

I love Rugby League..Brilliant!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

Do we have any highlights this week?

 

  • Like 1

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...