Tour de France 2019

Max Schachmann has crashed on the same corner. Very doubtful he will be at the start tomorrow. His left hand is in a bad way. Respect to him on carrying on and finishing. Shame as he would have finished with a good time going on the 3rd and final checkpoint.

Alaphilippe was a surprising 14 seconds faster than Thomas in the time trial. Bernal lost 1 minute 22 on Thomas. Probably sees Thomas as the Captain for defo now. Pre tour possible winners Quinana, Yates and Uran are 2 and a half minutes behind Thomas and nearly 4 minutes behind Alaphilippe

22 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

He looks in a bad way sadly. He was going at some speed around that corner.

His injuries required surgery apparently but it seems as though he's OK thank goodness.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Glad Van Art is not more badly injured as his injuries sound awful enough. Schachman broke 3 bones in his hand. Has this day cost Thomas the Yellow? The attack from Emanuel Buchmann has seen Geraint Thomas lose 30 seconds on all the rivals including Alaphilippe. Expect more attacks tomorrow!

Pinot has come back brilliantly from his time losses the other day and now looks like the Frenchman most likely to do it. Alaphillipe showed signs of cracking yesterday and Thomas could have taken even more time out of him but for a bit of hesitancy over team strategy. Having said that, there have been so many twists and turns this year that you never know who might bounce back from a bad day as Thomas himself did in style yesterday.

Great to see Simon Yates take another stage in what has been the best TdF for many a year. Bring on the Alps. They're going to be an epic battleground.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The Great thing about this years Tour its very open and anybody in the top 6 can win this years Tour. Pinot though is looking strong. I think Alaphillipe is struggling and doesnt have a team to help him. Thomas doesnt look that strong when Buchmann and Pinot have attacked. Its probably the best Tour for years for me and I expect many attacks and changes in the Alps.

Luke Rowe and Tony Martin kicked off the Tour for "handbags" on the road. Both Ineos and Jumbo looking into appealing the decision. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/49102199

Now G and Kruijswijk, in 2nd and 3rd behind a Frenchman, have both lost their Road Captains, social media conspiracy theories are up and running. 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

15 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Luke Rowe and Tony Martin kicked off the Tour for "handbags" on the road. Both Ineos and Jumbo looking into appealing the decision. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/49102199

Now G and Kruijswijk, in 2nd and 3rd behind a Frenchman, have both lost their Road Captains, social media conspiracy theories are up and running. 

Yes it's in the rules to not have argy bargy but all things given it seems this is very OTT, a fine, points on racing licence and a last place for the stage would have sufficed. despite the 'international' flavour of the ex pros sitting on the panel this seems off the scale when you consider what punishment a rider got for punching a speccie in the Giro this year and Nacer Bouhani can pretty much do what he likes.! 

Another Crazy Stage to this years Crazy Tour. Never have I seen a Stage stopped due to Hail and a Landslide and there was a few minutes of chaos as teams and riders wondering what was going on etc. Its a real shame we never got to see the desecent of Alaphillipe as I think he would have made some time up. I also think we missed some more attacks and maybe Thomas, Kruiswijk and Buchmann would have attacked as well on the final Climb as well as Bernal. We now have a situation where if I understand correctly that the top 5 are seperated by just 1minute 42! One final day in the mountains and both the Yellow and the King of the Mountains Jersey are still open. Really enjoyed this years Race as not one team or Rider has dominated except maybe Peter Sagan for the Green Jersey as usual.

Gutted for Pinot that he has been forced to abandon due to a leg injury. So near to getting the Yellow Jersey and having to walk away from the Tour just 3 Races from the end. He was a very good chance for the first Frenchman in years to wear the Yellow Jersey at the end in Paris.

Really sad to see Pinot forced to abandon. The poor bloke looked like his whole world had collapsed around him.

Huge disappointment and a real sense of anticlimax with the curtailment of one of the most decisive stages in the best TdF in years.

14 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Shame its ended in a bit of a farce especially the shortened Stage 20. Might as well not bother as 60km is a joke.

OK, if 60km is a joke, lets see you do it then. It was farcical, but then again, wait until todays laugh

58 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

OK, if 60km is a joke, lets see you do it then. It was farcical, but then again, wait until todays laugh

For Pro Riders thats nothing. But its just going to be a stage which will be controlled by Ineos and no real attacks will come. A breakaway group will go until the Mountain and then Ineos will just control it. There will be no changes in the top 5. Should have changed it to a Time Trial where each rider is alone.

2 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

For Pro Riders thats nothing. But its just going to be a stage which will be controlled by Ineos and no real attacks will come. A breakaway group will go until the Mountain and then Ineos will just control it. There will be no changes in the top 5. Should have changed it to a Time Trial where each rider is alone.

TT I agree, but not at short notice on a mountain stage.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived