Whitehaven

roughyed1064

Personally I have thought some of Scott's game plans were predictable, 5 drives off the ruck and kick. No variety of plays from dummy half, no drop offs, face passes, runner rounds, or ###### offs. 

We fine it difficult to close out games and go into panic mode. The players have the experience to get the job done. 

Looking at Scott's body language he looks like he's fed up and doesn't care, but this is furthest from the truth again my opinion. 

A coach has 3 or 4 years before he becomes stale and this could have happened 

It's a competitive division and this was a tight game that could have been different but for the bounce of the ball and a missed tackle. Having said that I don't think we were creative enough. Bridge, Langtree, Leeming and McComb are dangerous but they are just given the ball without committing any defenders so they are faced with busting through 2 or 3 men tackles nearly every time. If we can give them the ball in space or with just one man to beat then things may be different.

Still all to play for so lets see what happens next.

Thought you guys were really good and could have gone either way. You now have to overcome The Geordies at your place for any chance of automatic promotion. Langtree is quality and your outside backs were very sharp. You have a good team there ??

7 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

Thought you guys were really good and could have gone either way. You now have to overcome The Geordies at your place for any chance of automatic promotion. Langtree is quality and your outside backs were very sharp. You have a good team there ??

Was actually very impressed with you guys tbh never gave in a was a good game to watch 

I didn't get to Whitehaven but reading the posts we can't close games down when we have been in the lead with only minutes to go, is it 4 games this season that has happened? Also, I made a comment about the West Wales side saying we should have scored 100+, rightly said by 34 they tackled really well, they did, but it was made easy for them trying to drive through the middle with a very light pack. Once we threw the ball about we scored. Bent is definitely one of the best tacklers I have seen in 60 years of watching Oldham, but we need more flair at loose forward. I would try Bowman there with Brook and Hewitt with Wilkinson for the first half - we would rip any side apart with our outside backs and second row.

Sadly, we are now three points behind top spot and Newcastle are above us. I can see Newcastle becoming champions, as the RFL want, with Whitehaven coming second and beating us again at their place to take the second place in the championship. The thought of another season in this division with falling gates doesn't bode well for the future of the club.

I hope I am wrong but you can't be forever the eternal optimist - reality will always bite you on the bum!

brooksy its more the 3 years in the past 22 years we have only won 2 games we had to win.

one we beat Keighley to get promotion, two we beat Whitehaven to stay up.

and to answer young yed, a certain ex player who works the markets went to a rugby league dinner in leigh. and got to talking to a certain coach the ex player asked the certain coach how things where doing.

the certain coach said he had asked the club chairman to sack him,the chairman replied saying he could not sack him as their no monies to pay him out.

1 hour ago, tandle said:

brooksy its more the 3 years in the past 22 years we have only won 2 games we had to win.

and to answer young yed, a certain ex player who works the markets went to a rugby league dinner in leigh. and got to talking to a certain coach the ex player asked the certain coach how things where doing.

the certain coach said he had asked the club chairman to sack him,the chairman replied saying he could not sack him as their no monies to pay him out.

So valu said that, why would a coach ask a chairman to sack him, if he wants out just quit

1 hour ago, tandle said:

So why didn't a certain coach just quit then? Move along,nothing to see here.

Stats

Hawkyard-3 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. one try assist. 21 carries=193m

Aaronson-2 tackles. 5 tackle busts. one clean break. 13 carries=123m

McComb-22 tackles. one offload. one tackle bust. one clean break. 16 carries=105m

Leeming-21 tackles. 2 misses. 10 carries=93m

Holmes-5 tackles. 12 carries=93m

Brook-8 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. one tackle bust. one try assist. 3 carries=8m

Hewitt-10 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one clean break. 3 carries=15m

Joy-30 tackles. one tackle bust. 11 carries=99m

Owen-22 tackles. 2 misses. 4 carries=21m

Law-24 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 9 carries=65m

Bridge-42 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 11 carries=62m

Langtree-26 tackles. 3 misses. 6 offloads. 6 tackle busts. one clean break. 14 carries=104m

Bent-63 tackles. one miss. 13 carries=83m

subs

Whittel-28 tackles. one miss. 4 carries=27m

Spencer-21 tackles. 2 misses. 3 offloads. one tackle bust. 8 carries=56m

Wilkinson-20 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 5 carries=68m

Greenwood-5 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 1 carry=10m

New tackle record for Bent beating his own record of 60

From what I have heard he left after being told that he needed to lose more weight. Whether that's true or not, he has been a massive loss especially since we lost Nealo as well. Law has stepped up but those two blokes gave us massive presents and hit big holes in the opposition. They made our basic game plan a different proposition. 

For me I put an arm round Nelmes and tell him what a lose to the team he's been and work with him. 

Archived