Players situation when we leave the EU

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DavidM said:

from death to play 

Sounds like Gary Jack coaching Salford "I had that once and I was playing in a week!"

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Levrier said:

Churchill was a vociferous advocate of what would become the EU and the point of said organisation was to ensure that half witted, but cunning,  right wing politicians could not get total control. I imagine Steve McQueen's character would have appreciated that.

Erm , you do realise that it was a humorous response to scotchy1's line " The Swiss aren't stupid. They know the value of the free movement of people"  , and refers to the scene in "The Great Escape" where McQueen tries to jump over the barbed-wire separating Switzerland and Germany on a motorbike ?

That's why its funny - because the scene tends to contradict scotchy1's statement , because the Swiss have erected a barbed-wire fence between themselves and the Germans , thus preventing a "free movement of people" .

hth .

12 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Does He count for the cap?

surely not... he is the definition of a convert isnt he?

1 minute ago, MrPosh said:

It should be fine. As long as players have played the requisite number of internationals, they'll get a visa.

That will eliminate a few overseas players for starters.

If people don't think employment laws wont change after we leave the EU an affect sport they are in my opinion silly.

4 minutes ago, MrPosh said:

It should be fine. As long as players have played the requisite number of internationals, they'll get a visa.

It’s lucky the sport has a thriving and packed calendar of international fixtures in place.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

59 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

That will eliminate a few overseas players for starters.

If people don't think employment laws wont change after we leave the EU an affect sport they are in my opinion silly.

I dont think many are saying that there will be no effect on sport but will it effect British RL is the key.. with the demographic of players and countries playing I would say that is an interesting question and perhaps the impact may be minimal.

14 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Please, not another thread derailed by Brexit. There are threads for that subject if you wish to discuss it further.

Amen to that.

Please keep the Rugby League forum a Brexit-free zone.

Anyone who wants to discuss Brexit and all the implications of it can do so here...

Archived