Useless Stewards.................

Therein73

OK, I know..........I've been down this route before........... BUT how do these Stewards justify their cost to the Club when someone clearly shouts an obscenity ("You bottle-less C**t) and not one of them does anything about it.........................If I was a parent bringing children with me to a game, I don't think I'd bother again with that sort of behaviour being allowed......... Well done Stewards -- proving yet again how totally useless and overpaid you are  !!!!! 

Brass? Bet no more 20quid is granted. Would you get involved with any aggro for that. Or would you prefer leighs roid head doorman approach.

Look at the fev shannanighans recently. Stewards aren't deaf but soft as plasticine perhaps

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

On 07/07/2019 at 21:33, Therein73 said:

OK, I know..........I've been down this route before........... BUT how do these Stewards justify their cost to the Club when someone clearly shouts an obscenity ("You bottle-less C**t) and not one of them does anything about it.........................If I was a parent bringing children with me to a game, I don't think I'd bother again with that sort of behaviour being allowed......... Well done Stewards -- proving yet again how totally useless and overpaid you are  !!!!! 

To their credit though, they do a splendid job of making sure the less threatening members of the public don't cross the front of the tunnel as a shortcut to the bogs. (up the steps, round the back and down again for you grandad - more than me jobs worth yada yada). :kolobok_mad:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Back in the old days there never were any stewards and fans were just as gobby and stroppy as they are nowadays. Other than satisfying certain legal/insurance requirements do they actually perform any useful functions at all?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

38 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Back in the old days there never were any stewards and fans were just as gobby and stroppy as they are nowadays. Other than satisfying certain legal/insurance requirements do they actually perform any useful functions at all?

Maybe they are counted as bodies when the official attendance figures are submitted ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

they do a grand job checking granny's bag for contraband

4 hours ago, POR said:

they do a grand job checking granny's bag for contraband

What like sneaking pop n crisps into Post Office road? I've heard if you get caught they give you a season ticket to the Rhinos as punishment

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 15/07/2019 at 08:57, Blind side johnny said:

Can't see why we can't use volunteer's like Batley do.

Our "jobsworths" bill must be between £1k & £2 per match not really value for money ,nothing more than going thru the motions.

Access to the pitch unmanned, staircases unmanned,a reluctance to engage with rowdy away fan's,but yet are heavy handed in numbers with home fan's..safety in numbers with them.

And I also feel if any fans in numbers kick off like they did in the 2000's when Widnes & Leigh kicked off and showsec couldn't control their bladders at the height of battle.

I remember the trans Pennine/northern rail cup final Leigh at home,showsec had taken over stewarding duties for the club leaving our steward's jobless,me & Adrian Farrow was left to do collecting money for the car park,as you will remember it pi$$ed it down that night,when we came in cashed up and walked down the tunnel to the pitch and looked towards the southstand to see battle raging,showsec running in the opposite direction, Adrian turned to me and "should we go in ??" I replied "nar I'm too wet & cold to go fighting it's for showsec to sort out"

That's the only time I've ever seen police dogs on the southstand and hopefully never again.

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Can't see why we can't use volunteer's like Batley do.

Our "jobsworths" bill must be between £1k & £2 per match not really value for money ,nothing more than going thru the motions.

It might be £2k per match but £2 would be very reasonable. ?

The reason that we can't use volunteers is that when we had the new terrace built we had to get a new safety certificate. (This is only necessary when significant changes are made or if legislation changes.) This specified the type and qualifications of security required, which the club cannot avoid. Batley haven't made any significant ground changes for many years so the terms of their old certificate will be different, allowing "volunteers" to be used.

This is yet another reason why the club occasionally closes the South Stand when a small attendance is anticipated.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived