Division 3 thread

23 hours ago, rugbylad09 said:

I would like to mention the title race, currently in Hunslet Warriors’ hands. 

From what I’ve seen they have a young team, hosting a few teenagers across the pitch. 

Beginning of their way back up? 

They've done everything right as far as I can see, in terms of rebuilding. Bringing youth through but also aided by the return of some old heads to steady the ship so to speak. Think Warriors could be on for back to back promotions next couple of years and then we'll see where they are in Div 1. 

5 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

They've done everything right as far as I can see, in terms of rebuilding. Bringing youth through but also aided by the return of some old heads to steady the ship so to speak. Think Warriors could be on for back to back promotions next couple of years and then we'll see where they are in Div 1. 

Yeah I agree, I know some of their younger players (17/18) have terrorised teams this season and don’t look out of place at all, the winger and fullback especially in terms of looking a threat, but the old heads have steadied the ship. 

Only criticism I’ve seen for this season really is a clinical edge, can be dominating games but only win by 2-6 points. 

I think in a few years the Hunslet derby will be a good game

1 hour ago, Celtic Roosters said:

Warriors are the best team I've seen in that division this season and I'm pleased to see them on the way back because my club have always got on well with them, despite an abandoned game early in our 14 meetings with them.

Yeah, woolston too. The game against Salford will be key for Hunslet, as it’s the game in hand, (providing them and woolston don’t drop points between then) 

i saw the highlights of the game earlier in the season and the halves controlled it, allowing the younger players (winger and fullback again) to run riot

1 hour ago, Celtic Roosters said:

Warriors are the best team I've seen in that division this season and I'm pleased to see them on the way back because my club have always got on well with them, despite an abandoned game early in our 14 meetings with them.

Don't remember that game  Kenneth but when it comes to stats your the man.Totally agree both clubs have healthy respect for each other.

13 minutes ago, billy the bison said:

Don't remember that game  Kenneth but when it comes to stats your the man.Totally agree both clubs have healthy respect for each other.

Thoughts on Hunslet season so far? 

Key players?

11 hours ago, billy the bison said:

It was the first time we ever played you mate, 21st September 2002 at your'e place. Warriors won 24-8. It was abandoned on 70 minutes but you may not remember because the score was allowed to stand. It was Matthew Thomasons' first ever NCL game as a referee. He lost control, even though only one player - our Dean Pickup, had been sin binned in the game. He abandoned it when a spectator threw the ball at him during a bit of a skirmish between the  players. It was a fiesty game but a more experienced referee would have handled. I spoke to Matthew after the game and told him he would look daft for abandoning a game when only 1 player had been sin binned but not to let that put him off as he had done well up to that point. He went on to become one of the better referee's but, sadly, he gave it up a couple of years ago.

2 hours ago, Celtic Roosters said:

It was the first time we ever played you mate, 21st September 2002 at your'e place. Warriors won 24-8. It was abandoned on 70 minutes but you may not remember because the score was allowed to stand. It was Matthew Thomasons' first ever NCL game as a referee. He lost control, even though only one player - our Dean Pickup, had been sin binned in the game. He abandoned it when a spectator threw the ball at him during a bit of a skirmish between the  players. It was a fiesty game but a more experienced referee would have handled. I spoke to Matthew after the game and told him he would look daft for abandoning a game when only 1 player had been sin binned but not to let that put him off as he had done well up to that point. He went on to become one of the better referee's but, sadly, he gave it up a couple of years ago.

Remember the game now Ken and I have no doubt you will have the team sheet for the game also. 

On 11/07/2019 at 18:41, rugbylad09 said:

Predictions this weekend?

Woolston by 6

Batley by 16

Heworth by 28

Warriors by 14

Millom by 8

Celtic by 12

Waterhead by 20

Wasn’t a bad set of predictions. Bit far off the Hunslet and Heworth scores, but predicted every win and close with some results (10 points or less)

17 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Looking at the matches this week, few interesting games being played, think I'll go for...

Dewsbury Celtic by 16

Batley Boys by 30

East Leigh by 10

Hensingham by 12

Heworth by 20

Oldham by 6

Woolston by 4 

I’d go for 

Celtic by 24

Batley by 30 also 

Drighlington by 6

Waterhead by 14

Heworth by 36

Oldham by 8

Warriors by 10

having seen warriors squad I’d say it’s the strongest squad this season. With the possibility of going 5 points clear of Woolston with a win this and next week, and having one hand on the title I think it’ll push them through. Gutted I can’t go to that game today because it will be a close encounter. Could go either way and have a big say on the title race 

Very sad to hear the news of Salford pulling out of the NCL. 

I've had some fantastic times over there. Such a nice bunch of people who always had a warm welcome waiting for travelling teams. I hope that they can get a team back on the field in whatever league it may be before long.

2 hours ago, beefy1 said:

Very sad to hear the news of Salford pulling out of the NCL. 

I've had some fantastic times over there. Such a nice bunch of people who always had a warm welcome waiting for travelling teams. I hope that they can get a team back on the field in whatever league it may be before long.

Where have you heard/seen this? 

Sad to see Salford City Roosters leave the NCL, the people I really feel for are Alfrieda and Don Kindon and of late Ken Roberts who have for years worked tireless to keep the club going.Sadly it is the players to blame we now live in a social media world where the players are linked by snap chat groups and once one player cries off others think if he cant be a***d why should I bother and before you know it you don't have enough players to travel.

Archived