Division 3 thread

• 4 weeks later...

What did we make of the results yesterday? 

Has anyone seen any highlights of games? I know Hunslet and Leigh tend to record theirs. The Oldham Batley game seemed to be good one.

Hunslet got a much needed win against a good Dewsbury side, keeps the pressure on Woolston. 

Woolston made a statement putting 50 past Gateshead too.

Finally good result for Drig against Heworth. Going to go down to the wire for 6th spot between Drig and Waterhead

Yes the Batley v St. Anne’s game was only settled in the last minute. Matt Whitehead’s touch line conversion of Callum Cashin’s second try. The boys led 12- nil at halftime and had the advantage of the slope, but the Oldham side dug deep to record four wins on the trot. A feat last recorded in 2014. 

1 hour ago, Mr Smeaton said:

Yes the Batley v St. Anne’s game was only settled in the last minute. Matt Whitehead’s touch line conversion of Callum Cashin’s second try. The boys led 12- nil at halftime and had the advantage of the slope, but the Oldham side dug deep to record four wins on the trot. A feat last recorded in 2014. 

Oldham finding some form. Not a bad team from what I’ve seen of them, on the wrong end of close results a lot this season, glad they finally got on the right side. 

I saw the Hunslet highlights and two early Tyler Dargan tries set the tone and decided that game. Dewsbury came back into it in the 2nd half (12-12) but Hunslet controlled the majority of the match and the first half tries (16-0 HT) proved to be too much to come back against, against one of the best teams in the league 

• 4 weeks later...

With the season coming to a close, and the title in Woolston hands (although Batley could have a huge say in this) who for you has been the best team in the league this season? And 1/2 standout players from each club that you’ve seen. 

Personally, I think its hard to split Woolston and Hunslet, maybe Woolston just edging it with the H2H, but both games Hunslet could’ve easily won. 

I think the young players in the league have really stepped up, and the playoffs are going to be tough, any team in that could win. 

I think Dewsbury’s Copley has a bright future, and the 3 teenage hunslet players (Dargan, Naughton, McLelland). I haven’t seen many young players standout like them 4 this season.

Haven’t seen many games this year as I would’ve liked so my opinion may be skewed

Archived