Hull FC sign "The scariest bloke in Rugby League"...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, latchford albion said:

The new Ryan Bailey?

But with the ability to back up his reputation, I should imagine.

You'd hope anyway.  I've not watched NRL regularly for a couple of years but he should be a good signing.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

25 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

When I read the thread title I thought you'd signed League Freak.

"Scariest", not "Scattiest"....

In the same way that I can't read the name Emosi Koloto without hearing it in Ray French's voice, I can't not hear Ray Warren say Manu Ma'u.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

I remember London signing the Big Bad Aussie who'd bash the poms up and down the North of England.

If it wasn't for the times we laughed at Spudward M.Carroll, we'd have nothing to remember about his Super League career.

So let's hope Ma'u comes over with a better attitude than that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought they’d signed Joel Tomkins from the title of the thread.

Ma’u is an excellent signing, similar in style to Sika or Minichello, hard as nails and runs good lines. He’s certainly an improvement on them, given they are at the end of their careers. Am looking forward to seeing him play

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I remember London signing the Big Bad Aussie who'd bash the poms up and down the North of England.

If it wasn't for the times we laughed at Spudward M.Carroll, we'd have nothing to remember about his Super League career.

So let's hope Ma'u comes over with a better attitude than that.

I recall State of Origin and Test Player David "Cement" Gillespie learning about the English forward "style" from Chris Burton when "Cement" did a season at Hunslet (yes Hunslet!!!! ).... Burton reduced him to sand.

Sometimes better to fly under the radar although there is not a lot of the nonsense nowadays.

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Good start to the pack. 

Need more additions though with the losses of Westerman, Mini, likely Sika and Ellis too.

And Paea, Hadley, Thompson and Litten and remoured that Green is going as well!! which probably means washbrook will be retained because he is cheap. That's it signings wise, I don't think we have any more room on the cap. We've got Bienek at Batley coming back I would think but he's had 12 games only, no idea how he's gone tbh.

Deffo happy with the signing but it's a lot of eggs in a narrow basket of players, if we get injuries as we have this we're in an even worse position personnel wise. I still don't get the Fonua signing unless Kelly is leaving as well and Connor going to 6 (So Fonua to centre) but then that still leaves Carlos and Griffin, so maybe Radford wants Griffin to be a forward? IMO I just don't think Connor is an effective 6 from what I've seen and I'm not sure Griffin is a hard working second rower, I'd rather have Brad Fash in the pack over Griffin all day long.

Losing Hadley and Litten is a blow, Thompson is a good solid back up on little money and Green has been our best prop the last month or so. Houghton has only a couple more seasons left at the top, he's been run ragged the last 6 years with pretty much no interchange, Litten was getting no game time despite Radford saying he was going to, does that mean he's going to turn Shaul into a scoot merchant and then sign another 80 minute dummy half, I just don't get Radford's thinking. We know that Houghton drops off massively when he's asked to do a lot of work defensively and it shows at the pointy end of the season.

11 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

So what's this nobody like then, never ever heard a thing about him. Scariest player in rugby league, Yea Yea Yea he'll be rubbish like Sika Manu and the rest of the trash Hull sign 

Can't tell if this is tongue in cheek or not?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Couple of years ago he was outstanding but he’s had a series of injuries since which has limited his game time and seen a big drop off in performance.

on form he can be great but also seen plenty of games where you wouldn’t know he was on the pitch as he just didn’t look interested.

I don’t think him & Jones will strike much fear into the opposition next year but an improvement on where they are now.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

13 hours ago, latchford albion said:

In the same way that I can't read the name Emosi Koloto without hearing it in Ray French's voice, I can't not hear Ray Warren say Manu Ma'u.

All I can think of is The League of Gentlemen doing the "death by mau mau" joke.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived