London Skolars Home

Packhoss

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I like the way 1 haven fan says on our forum that we have 14 players available and everyone takes this as gospel and starts turning on the club.

I'd rather wait until the 17/14 are named tomorrow before getting my knives out

It doesn't take much to work out who the poster Cumbria RL is though.

51 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

I like the way 1 haven fan says on our forum that we have 14 players available and everyone takes this as gospel and starts turning on the club.

I'd rather wait until the 17/14 are named tomorrow before getting my knives out

Why wait until tomorrow to , hopefully, see what side we are putting out?  Normally the team would have been announced before the eve of the game. When someone said we have 14 available, is that players or spectators??  Joking apart, I would normally make the 80 mile round trip like always but I have to say that my plans are in the balance given the attraction of watching England in a rare World cup cricket final. If I find that despite being down to the bare bones there is no place for Blane Marwood then my patience will be spent and that will determine my choice .  Sometimes this Club shoots itself in the foot (feet) too often for comfort .

11 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

More lies again from the N&S Reds noy playing on BP is nothing to do with the Town game it's to do with the state of the pitch he won't let them play on it. Will they improve it for next week? I doubt it. Very nice of haven to offer Town their ground but I'm sure just about every Town fan would rather see it played at Seaton, Zebras or Grasslot. 

10 hours ago, anok4u said:

Combine all the 3 sports above and I'd still get more excitement watching town run out of the tunnel...always thought cricket was better to play than watch and playing could be zzzz at times! 

It's a good job most of us feel the same way but I know a few regulars who are contemplating giving it a miss tomorrow because of the cricket WC

28 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

More lies again from the N&S Reds noy playing on BP is nothing to do with the Town game it's to do with the state of the pitch he won't let them play on it. Will they improve it for next week? I doubt it. Very nice of haven to offer Town their ground but I'm sure just about every Town fan would rather see it played at Seaton, Zebras or Grasslot. 

But is it the News and Star publishing fake news?  They quote Reds officials as stating they are playing at Holker street in order to accommodate Town when that is patently untrue .

3 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

But is it the News and Star publishing fake news?  They quote Reds officials as stating they are playing at Holker street in order to accommodate Town when that is patently untrue .

Why does this go unchallenged by both clubs? 

1 minute ago, unicorn106 said:

Why does this go unchallenged by both clubs? 

Wish I knew mate ? I think you and I qualify for superannuated Workington Town dinosaur status so nothing should faze us but something always turns up to push the boundaries of credibility. 

9 hours ago, town4me said:

It doesn't take much to work out who the poster Cumbria RL is though.

Who

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

Their number 4 needs to pack rugby in and take up UFC. Ref lost control of this game.

They’re average at the top , it’s coco the clown stuff at our level . The RFL have a real issue with standard of officials

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They’re average at the top , it’s coco the clown stuff at our level . The RFL have a real issue with standard of officials

Apparently that guy tipped for the very top apparently,.?..god help us

The lads have had some stick recently and some of it deserved. To win with 14 fit players, dubious tactics from London, and a refereeing shambles is all credit to the 14 lads on the pitch. Mellor was a deserved MOM, but everyone put a shift in and a credit that we finished the strongest when down to 12.

It shows how a weak ref can escalate things and those 3 were pathetic. If it was nipped in the bud that would have been the end of it. Stupid by Dec to get himself sent off and banned given our crisis in numbers but it must be hard not to react. Hopefully we get some bodies back next week. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived