London Skolars Home

Packhoss

It was always going to blow up wasn't it, it wasn't pretty but it keeps us in with a good shout for the play offs.. thought Jamie had a better game and was chuffed to score his try which was good to see. 15 players and a player sent off, massive well done to them.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Onreport said:

Apparently that guy tipped for the very top apparently,.?..god help us

Top of the slag banks nailed to that cross after that performance today!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

You always have to keep going but i am not sure we have the basis of a squad to even contemplate going anywhere near the championship. Fantastic effort today but we need to regroup and have a rebuild.  Sure i saw the WB  coach at the game "again" today??

55 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Over 800 there bloody unbelievable considering what was on the TV. Just think what we could pull in if were were good. UTT

That is because the club is continually trying to build relationships with the local clubs. It's not perfect, it will improve over time and that's our vision. 

Thank you to Peter Gilmour and Seaton Arlfc for supporting the club, over 140 members in attendance and plenty of youngsters, hopefully some want to be the next Tom Curwen or Scott Rooke. 

Up the Town 

5 minutes ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

That is because the club is continually trying to build relationships with the local clubs. It's not perfect, it will improve over time and that's our vision. 

Thank you to Peter Gilmour and Seaton Arlfc for supporting the club, over 140 members in attendance and plenty of youngsters, hopefully some want to be the next Tom Curwen or Scott Rooke. 

Up the Town 

Some of them want to be the next PSE judging by the singing! 

Brilliant crack wid the community clubs(seaton,) but what chance of seeing these supporters week in week out,we need to develop a pathway for the best yougsters from these clubs into the professional game instead of losing them to the likes of Newcastle who financially can offer so much more,I  do not know what the answer is  but any effort to build bridges with local clubs is more than welcome and long long over due!

54 minutes ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

Up the Town 

Keep up the good work and it was great to see so many of those kids singing their heads off in the Town end.

Well that game had everything for me,yes it wasn't pretty but we stood up really well with lack of rotation off the bench and also being down to 12 men and  I would say we finished the game stronger and fitter than London.

The officials were a joke and player safety really worries me when you get clowns like that allowing heads shots to go unpunished and the Red for Declan just summed it up.

I thought Declan had a good game and his try was genius and he just gives 100% for the cause and I also think Jonathan Walsh had his best game for the club today doing well in defence and taking quite a bit of ball in to help spell our forwards off.

810 was an excellent crowd considering recent performances and all the other distractions today so hopefully push it up a bit more next week for the Keighley game.

9 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Keep up the good work and it was great to see so many of those kids singing their heads off in the Town end.

Well that game had everything for me,yes it wasn't pretty but we stood up really well with lack of rotation off the bench and also being down to 12 men and  I would say we finished the game stronger and fitter than London.

The officials were a joke and player safety really worries me when you get clowns like that allowing heads shots to go unpunished and the Red for Declan just summed it up.

I thought Declan had a good game and his try was genius and he just gives 100% for the cause and I also think Jonathan Walsh had his best game for the club today doing well in defence and taking quite a bit of ball in to help spell our forwards off.

810 was an excellent crowd considering recent performances and all the other distractions today so hopefully push it up a bit more next week for the Keighley game.

Thought Danny Tickle was outstanding also, worked hard all day, Tyler was excellent at the back, really think that is his best position he really has a strong return. Tom Curwen went well especially on one leg.

Been a critic at times but Thought Sam Hopkins stood up as well and probably his best game for us in a while.

I also thought Danny Tickle was outstanding yesterday, down on numbers, the heat and very poor officials, it turned into a solid performance against a side that was determined to mix it. Very disappointed when in the first half Town kicked a penalty into touch and about to take the tap the SKOLARS coach deliberately throw another ball on to the pitch so the ref had to stop the game “again” poor stuff.

Not the most perfect performance but the guts, determination, commitment and togetherness saw us through that. Hats off to the 15 who played. Some really good individual performances but none more so than Tyler Mellor who apart from one pass into touch in the first half was excellent in everything he did. A photo on the town twitter pages shows Jamie scoring his last try and the look of joy on Tyler’s face shows what it means to him. Not sure he’d fancy another 12 months travelling up here , because I’m sure there’ll be plenty of teams nearer home who will be interested in signing him but I would certainly be trying to sign him up. A young man who gives his all and has certainly shown his commitment to the team this year.

Tyler is probably the 1st name on the team sheet this year. He is so consistent and trust worthy. I'd be busting a gut to try and keep him up here for as long as we can. We are severely weaker in the backline without him. 

At this moment in time between him and pez for my player of the season.

......and some question the commitment of the Town players! Its squad size/make-up and injuries that has cost us.

Thoroughly enjoyable game which I thought London had pinched at the end but hats off to Town who never let up. Curwen kept smashing into them despite huge bandage on his ankle. He is only going to get better and better. Mellor superbly skillful and gutsy performance. Good to hear the crowd really getting behind the team except for the couple who were having a dig at JD who scores 2 lovely individual tries with pace and footwork and makes at least one other. 

11 hours ago, bigapple said:

Brilliant crack wid the community clubs(seaton,) but what chance of seeing these supporters week in week out,we need to develop a pathway for the best yougsters from these clubs into the professional game instead of losing them to the likes of Newcastle who financially can offer so much more,I  do not know what the answer is  but any effort to build bridges with local clubs is more than welcome and long long over due!

Both Town and Haven had the opportunity over the years to operate there own scholarship programmes, very sad.

Archived