Parra and Canberra fans... (86 and 89 GF's)

Legends of Sport have made a new video of the 86 GF for Parra fans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iF_SyqiYUI

And for the Raiders there is a new 89 GF video...

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=9EtytFUs4Jc

Cheers,

Dan

Don't think he did. Englishmen in that team were Shaun Edwards, Andy Currier and i think Lee Crooks?

Remember Edwards was only a bit part player for his time there though.

Edit. no Lee Crooks.

That Steve Jackson try though...

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

26 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Don't think he did. Englishmen in that team were Shaun Edwards, Andy Currier and i think Lee Crooks?

Remember Edwards was only a bit part player for his time there though.

Edit. no Lee Crooks.

That Steve Jackson try though...

Hanley was at Balmain the year before, when Terry Lamb took him out during the GF.

In 1989 he played for Wests.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The last time we had as many Brits in the NRL as we do now. Around 88-90 you had the likes of Hanley, Ward, Crooks, Schofield, Currier, Davies, Offiah, Edwards, Gregory, Wadell, Hamspon and no doubt there were others also..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

20 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

The last time we had as many Brits in the NRL as we do now. Around 88-90 you had the likes of Hanley, Ward, Crooks, Schofield, Currier, Davies, Offiah, Edwards, Gregory, Wadell, Hamspon and no doubt there were others also..

Back then, they were just playing a short stint in Oz during the Northern Hemisphere off-season. What we have now is players that the Aussie clubs want to employ full time, instead of taking a punt on a few cameo appearances.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived