York at home

Batley Bob

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A truly must win match and just show York the previous 2 matches (Yorks Cup and 1895) where no flash in the pan.

6 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

If we play our strongest team Ernie , not like sunday

A few injuries this week according to the evening post 

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/batley-bulldogs-under-pressure-after-game-management-lets-them-down-at-swinton-lions-1-9863780

Our need is greater, although I have admired your club for the last 3 years and all the fight you brought to save your club.

1 hour ago, ernieone said:

What is the strongest team?

Well playing a winger on both wings for a start ,,on a wide pitch ,  and on a red hot day , not expecting your hooker to play 80 mins , does our manager even know the answer to that question

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

We was 8.0 down after 30 minutes and had hardly had the ball in there half , and the last 15/20 mins was all Swinton so how we were in control for 60 minutes I can’t work out

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

We was 8.0 down after 30 minutes and had hardly had the ball in there half , and the last 15/20 mins was all Swinton so how we were in control for 60 minutes I can’t work out

More nonsense.

Maybe they should keep him away from the press like they did through part of last season. Stop him putting his foot in mouth. ‘Dumb’ and  ‘brain explosion’ to add to the players being ‘mentally weak’. Everybody but him.

Mr motivator but without the Lycra.

3 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

I agree with this. We played well for 20 minutes which was enough to be well ahead. We both said at the time though that we felt that 10 points wasn't enough. 

After they scored their final try, there was plenty of time to turn it around, but we were running around like headless chickens and couldn't even complete a set!

It all felt inevitable and dismal. If anyone thinks we are too good to go down (I heard it said after the match) then they are deluding themselves.

This was a crucial match and simply had to be won. We should have approached it like a cup final, taking every point when available, but instead resorted to throwing it around as if it didn't matter! Inevitable, dismal and brainless!

32 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I agree with this. We played well for 20 minutes which was enough to be well ahead. We both said at the time though that we felt that 10 points wasn't enough. 

After they scored their final try, there was plenty of time to turn it around, but we were running around like headless chickens and couldn't even complete a set!

It all felt inevitable and dismal. If anyone thinks we are too good to go down (I heard it said after the match) then they are deluding themselves.

This was a crucial match and simply had to be won. We should have approached it like a cup final, taking every point when available, but instead resorted to throwing it around as if it didn't matter! Inevitable, dismal and brainless!

People need to wake up if they think we won’t go down... 

fixtures remaining 

York (H) Leigh (A) Rochdale (A) Dewsbury (H) Toulouse (A) Featherstone (H) Barrow (A) games in bold we must win!!! 

8 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

I noticed the coach said that the problems started from 55 - 70 minutes onwards. 

There was plenty of time to change it and do something. The best coaches react quickly if the game is slipping away.

It reads as if he was just stood back watching it happen. As if he gives the instructions before the game then just observes.

I would like him to be more proactive during games and also to take full responsibility if the team performs below par.

5 hours ago, Dogstew said:

More nonsense.

Maybe they should keep him away from the press like they did through part of last season. Stop him putting his foot in mouth. ‘Dumb’ and  ‘brain explosion’ to add to the players being ‘mentally weak’. Everybody but him.

Mr motivator but without the Lycra.

I'm not having a go at you Dogstew, but I must be missing something here, because I fail to see how he has put his foot in his mouth with what is written. He hasn't named the individuals, which is what he was rightly criticised for with Hallett and Brown. 

“It was really poor game-management – kicking out on the full, trying to force plays from our own 20-metre area.

“We gifted them field position; it was really dumb. We were the better team for the majority of it, we just had a brain explosion.

“We showed a real lack of rugby intelligence from 55-60 minutes onwards, gifting them field position time after time.”

None of the above is untrue, anyone who saw the game, could see it with there own eyes, that is exactly what happened.

Regardless of what you think of him, please can you tell me how is he responsible for players knocking on at PTB, kicking out on the full or throwing risky passes out when the game is all but won? 

School kids, never mind professional players, know that you play for territory when you are in the position we were in, with 10 minutes left to play. You play 5 drives and a kick in to touch as deep in the opposition half as you can, wind the clock down and kill the game off.

Championship

BATLEY BULLDOGS V YORK CITY KNIGHTS 

Sunday 14th July  
The Fox's Biscuit Stadium | KO : 15:00 

Referee S. Mikalauskas
Touch Judge 1 S. Houghton
Touch Judge 2 G. Jones
Reserve Referee G. Melling
M Com B. Lilley
Time Keeper D. Milburn

IMG_0583.JPG

12 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

People need to wake up if they think we won’t go down... 

fixtures remaining 

York (H) Leigh (A) Rochdale (A) Dewsbury (H) Toulouse (A) Featherstone (H) Barrow (A) games in bold we must win!!! 

Why just the ones in bold? Why not all of them? (except York of course)

CHAMPIONS 2005

12 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I'm not having a go at you Dogstew, but I must be missing something here, because I fail to see how he has put his foot in his mouth with what is written. He hasn't named the individuals, which is what he was rightly criticised for with Hallett and Brown. 

“It was really poor game-management – kicking out on the full, trying to force plays from our own 20-metre area.

“We gifted them field position; it was really dumb. We were the better team for the majority of it, we just had a brain explosion.

“We showed a real lack of rugby intelligence from 55-60 minutes onwards, gifting them field position time after time.”

None of the above is untrue, anyone who saw the game, could see it with there own eyes, that is exactly what happened.

Regardless of what you think of him, please can you tell me how is he responsible for players knocking on at PTB, kicking out on the full or throwing risky passes out when the game is all but won? 

School kids, never mind professional players, know that you play for territory when you are in the position we were in, with 10 minutes left to play. You play 5 drives and a kick in to touch as deep in the opposition half as you can, wind the clock down and kill the game off.

None of it is true, but all of it is predictable which is the depressing thing. If the same problems keep appearing, one would hope they will be dealt with. 

For me, that's the issue. 

4 hours ago, distantdog said:

None of it is true, but all of it is predictable which is the depressing thing. If the same problems keep appearing, one would hope they will be dealt with. 

For me, that's the issue. 

I don’t disagree with you DD.

Ultimately, nothing has really changed in the coming up for 3 years of his tenure.

We make far too many handling errors, and are guilty of doing some very stupid things as a team. 

My criticism of him is, the penny hasn’t dropped that the players are not capable of playing the style of football he wants to play.

We look a really good side when we play conservatively and to our strengths. Like we played against Halifax and Widnes at home. Go back to that, help reduce the errors and I wouldn’t write us off from winning most of the remaining games, except for Toulouse who are a class above us, but even they’ve had some shaky results of late.

We have Campbell, I believe he's fit to come back to replace Walker, Downs/Smeaton could replace Brearley, no weakener in my opinion.

Scott, Galbraith, Wood, Broadbent, Campbell, Jouffret, Yates/Brambani, Gledhill, Leak, Dickinson, Manning, Downs, Brown....Brev, Butterworth, Ward, Tomlinson...simples!! I assume Broadbent is stll here?

20 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

He was obviously aware of it so why didn't he stop it? There were still 25 minutes left when he first noticed the lack of intelligence.

Archived