York at home

Batley Bob

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Niels said:

He was obviously aware of it so why didn't he stop it? There were still 25 minutes left when he first noticed the lack of intelligence.

I don’t know what he could do about it. We had Taira, Brearley and Walker unable to continue by then, so substituting players wasn’t an option. 

He could tell the players to play 5 drives and a kick, but to be fair, if they needed to be told that, we really are in the sheeite!

What would you have done Niels?

3 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I don’t know what he could do about it. We had Taira, Brierley and Walker unable to continue by then, so substituting players wasn’t an option. 

He could tell the players to play 5 drives and a kick, but to be fair, if they needed to be told that, we really are in the sheeite!

What would you have done Niels?

It's a good point you make. I agree the injuries would have made things difficult.

I would have tried to get some instructions on the field. Tell them not to force the game and to not gift possession away at least.

Any more thoughts yourself?

2 hours ago, Niels said:

It's a good point you make. I agree the injuries would have made things difficult.

I would have tried to get some instructions on the field. Tell them not to force the game and to not gift possession away at least.

Any more thoughts yourself?

No, sorry mate, no ideas.

I honestly think his hands were tied on Sunday, I'm sure he would have had those messages going on the field with the water carriers etc. 

It just really worries me, that we have a group of players, that cannot figure out and execute these simple basics during a game. It doesn't matter who the coach is, if the players cannot even do the basics, like hold on to the ball for 5 tackles and kick it in to touch, we are not going to win many games. 

I honestly think, we were tired on a hot afternoon, with very limited substitutions to alleviate the exhaustion for the last 20 minutes. Tiredness does very strange things to rational thinking.

41 minutes ago, doggystyle said:

If you rule with an iron fist who dare to deviate from the plan?

I'm not convinced Sunday was a case of players consciously deviating from the plan. ?

It is hard to believe, (even as daft as some of them are!),  they would put themselves through that punishment, in that heat, for losing pay on purpose, as well as making things deliberately hard for themselves for the rest of the season into the bargain.

Even if you believe the unsubstantiated and speculative rumours about some players not liking the coach etc., and some are looking to play elsewhere next season. Any future wage negotiations, either with us, or at new prospective clubs, will not be helped by performances like that one.

I realise it is not always the case, but whenever we have signed players from below us in the league, my first thought is, they weren't good enough to help their previous team to get above us in the league, so how will they improve us? Are they better than what we have? Or are they just different? I'm sure the negotiating clubs will take a similar approach.

If they want to stay with us, we aren't going to have the money available to pay them what they want, due to finishing further down the table and taking a hit in central funding.

12 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I honestly think, we were tired on a hot afternoon, with very limited substitutions to alleviate the exhaustion for the last 20 minutes. Tiredness does very strange things to rational thinking.

So why expect one hooker to play the full 80 in that heat , such a important position , when you have another as 18th man

IMG_0583.JPG

10 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

So why expect one hooker to play the full 80 in that heat , such a important position , when you have another as 18th man

It beggars belief really, i would always have a hooker on the bench, regardless of conditions, but especially so when it’s hot. A hooker on the bench is also cover for the hbs as well as rotation purposes.

But, what do I know?

On 09/07/2019 at 06:57, Batley Bob said:
YORK AT HOME

is there a direct link from the Bulldogs homepage ( not twitter ) to buy matchday tickets?...I cant seem to find one...

http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/

I have the ticket link on my faves...but anyone going to the main web site will have a problem...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

13 hours ago, RPH said:

is there a direct link from the Bulldogs homepage ( not twitter ) to buy matchday tickets?...I cant seem to find one...

http://www.batleybulldogs.co.uk/

I have the ticket link on my faves...but anyone going to the main web site will have a problem...

Simple answer ......... No

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

another decent looking squad. 

but another 12-18 point loss im afraid. 

times are bleak. 

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

I'd have taken a draw before KO, which effectively puts us five point clear of Barrow. Three gripes, our game management is garbage. Who in their right mind would just boot the ball in the air in your own 20 when the hooter has gone?? Madness. Our kicking game is pants (still) and the standard of officiating in RL is ######.  Rant over

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Well I chose the wimbledon final on our telebox to eat up Sunday afternoon.

York are 2nd in league and We nearly beat them. That says we have a decent squad and shrewd club. Who can come in and boot us up to 4th gear!?

The drop is less likely now if we keep our heads and keep the scoreboard ticking over. Simples

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 minute ago, 9' oller said:

Well I chose the wimbledon final on our telebox to eat up Sunday afternoon.

York are 2nd in league and We nearly beat them. That says we have a decent squad and shrewd club. Who can come in and boot us up to 4th gear!?

The drop is less likely now if we keep our heads and keep the scoreboard ticking over. Simples

Cant see you going down, all you have to play like that for next six games.

Thats just it though spanish we don't double up performances very often. We can't beat Sheffield ffs!

I was impressed by you in the Yorkshire cup, the golden point win in 1895 was special then today. We may be your bogey team. To come up from ch1 and take on the top 3 is awesome

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Yes we are, due to back problems unfortunately I couldn't be present.

Well done that York supporter that also had his head shaved as well.

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:
those so called Batley fans that didn’t attend were the only losers

Go on then ill bite. Which ones you alluding to bob.

The boycott club till Matt goes,

the fans who've had enough and don't feel the product is value for money,

the fans that pick and choose fixtures now,

the fans that have lost faith in the board that "makes do" and don't feel compelled

The fans that feel obliged to go out of a loyalty but don't necessarily enjoy it. 

The fans that know a day out somewhere in the summer sunshine is more rewarding and less disappointing.

The fans who could attend on their lonesome but have children and wives who demand more of their time after a busy working week.

The fans struggling for brass or health reasons.

I could go on bob, your skating very close to offending the small band of absent spectators. Attendance is optional I've seen 3x televised sky games this week and been to shaw x for a junior game this morning. Sounds like a good game today do I regret not cheering on the lads/ nope wimbledon and roger federer got my attention. Sad but true....

Archived