York at home

Batley Bob

58 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Go on then ill bite. Which ones you alluding to bob.

The boycott club till Matt goes,

the fans who've had enough and don't feel the product is value for money,

the fans that pick and choose fixtures now,

the fans that have lost faith in the board that "makes do" and don't feel compelled

The fans that feel obliged to go out of a loyalty but don't necessarily enjoy it. 

The fans that know a day out somewhere in the summer sunshine is more rewarding and less disappointing.

The fans who could attend on their lonesome but have children and wives who demand more of their time after a busy working week.

The fans struggling for brass or health reasons.

I could go on bob, your skating very close to offending the small band of absent spectators. Attendance is optional I've seen 3x televised sky games this week and been to shaw x for a junior game this morning. Sounds like a good game today do I regret not cheering on the lads/ nope wimbledon and roger federer got my attention. Sad but true....

Plenty alternatives to summer rugby, I agree, and I wouldn’t complain if we reverted to a winter sport. 

But I’m glad I made the effort to attend today. ?

A cracking match.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/07/2019 at 21:39, DOGFATHER said:

No, sorry mate, no ideas.

I honestly think his hands were tied on Sunday, I'm sure he would have had those messages going on the field with the water carriers etc. 

It just really worries me, that we have a group of players, that cannot figure out and execute these simple basics during a game. It doesn't matter who the coach is, if the players cannot even do the basics, like hold on to the ball for 5 tackles and kick it in to touch, we are not going to win many games. 

I honestly think, we were tired on a hot afternoon, with very limited substitutions to alleviate the exhaustion for the last 20 minutes. Tiredness does very strange things to rational thinking.

I think in the light of today your comments were very perceptive.

I had lost faith too early I think .

Pleased with the performance York are a good side, we toughed it out with them and they are in second place.

For those staying away your only hurting the club, I urge you to come back for the last few games and help us push on for a few more wins.

Oh and how good is Jack Broadbent, one of our own.

11 hours ago, ernieone said:

I assume Tony F you are one of the losers, must of taken you a long time to think of that reply.

Apologies. However, 9'oller had already summed up my thoughts in a very concise manner. 

One of the issues at Batley is that not enough people are prepared to either vote with their feet or be vocal when the product simply isn't value for hard-earned money. I tend to find that the fans reluctant to criticise are often those who have special privileges to lose; such as free tickets. Then there are some who simply suffer with Bottom-Kissing Syndrome. 

Suggesting disloyalty amongst fans who choose to miss games due to being rightly disillusioned and disappointed is actually very insulting; particularly when some of those fans have followed the club through thick and thin for decades. Describing the forum member concerned as a d*ckhead was, in my opinion, an acceptable response. 

1 hour ago, Tony F said:

Apologies. However, 9'oller had already summed up my thoughts in a very concise manner. 

One of the issues at Batley is that not enough people are prepared to either vote with their feet or be vocal when the product simply isn't value for hard-earned money. I tend to find that the fans reluctant to criticise are often those who have special privileges to lose; such as free tickets. Then there are some who simply suffer with Bottom-Kissing Syndrome. 

Suggesting disloyalty amongst fans who choose to miss games due to being rightly disillusioned and disappointed is actually very insulting; particularly when some of those fans have followed the club through thick and thin for decades. Describing the forum member concerned as a d*ckhead was, in my opinion, an acceptable response. 

So it's ok for you to throw unfounded accusations about but not for anyone else to voice their opinion?  And no, it's not an acceptable response to call a fellow forum member an unpleasant name.

There have been some great games to attend this season - Widnes at home, Dewsbury away, both Fax games, York away in the cup.  So forgive those non-freeloading, non bottom kissing supporters amongst us who choose to still attend and support our club.  

6 hours ago, Bat Lad said:

Pleased with the performance York are a good side, we toughed it out with them and they are in second place.

For those staying away your only hurting the club, I urge you to come back for the last few games and help us push on for a few more wins.

Oh and how good is Jack Broadbent, one of our own.

but Jack isnt" one of our own" is he, he,s a rhino

Calm yourselves down , I call all of us on here , so called Batley fans , no disrespect to anyone , it’s a choice ,  to go or not , but I would like to know what special privileges I get tho

And the so called Batley fans that went to both Sheffield games and Doncaster in cup we’re the losers , in my opinion , and reads some of my comments on other threads , I aren’t happy with a lot of this seasons performances 

IMG_0583.JPG

5 hours ago, Tony F said:

One of the issues at Batley is that not enough people are prepared to either vote with their feet or be vocal when the product simply isn't value for hard-earned money.

I'm not having a go Tony, but could you advise me how stopping away will help anything? 

Staying away, just means the club has less money to replace whoever is not good enough, whether that be players or coaching staff. There has been criticism of the boards "make do attitude", but do you not think that they have their hands tied due to poor gates/people stopping away?

It's a bit chicken and egg to me. We can't afford the top players, to fight for major honors because we don't get the gates to pay for them. However, we don't get the gates because we don't have the top players to entice people to come and watch.

I'm just not quite sure what sort of response you were expecting, coming on to Batley Bulldogs Fans Forum (the title of the forum is a clue) and telling everyone you are not a fan and don't go to games any more. Were you expecting a round of applause or a commendation for outstanding service to Rugby League?

I'm at a loss as to what you were hoping to achieve by broadcasting you are not happy and staying away? Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to attend, you pay your money and make your choice. If we sacked the coach, and that was the real reason you weren't attending, how many losses would it take before you stopped attending again? 2, 3 or 4 matches before you felt the same? Then what, sack that coach too? Keep sacking people until we win every match?  It isn't going to happen, so let's just call it how it is, you have stopped coming because you enjoy other things more than watching rugby. Your post just smacks of trying to demand attention.

I don't think you will find any Batley fans that are thrilled by the way the season is/has panned out, most of us expected to be nearer the top 5, than bottom 5, but here we are. However, most of us have kept coming along because we realise it is just a part of sport, and it doesn't always go the way you expect it to, if it did, it would not be exciting.

The results against Widnes twice, York 4 times, Bradford twice and Halifax shows we have a very talented squad, when they manage to hold on to the ball, or are sufficiently motivated by the coaching staff to do so, depending on your point of view. We are just unable to string a consistent run of good performances together. Once/If we crack that, we will be a very good side. 

Then the answer is to be relegated to a division where our budget from our own income is better than most and we are a top side and the stay aways will be happy that we're winning? Or I guess if we won promotion to SL and lost most of the games the boycott would continue too? Failing that there's always the Rhinos, oh hang on a mo... Wigan then... ?

I for one much prefer championship life even if we do struggle sometimes/most times, it makes the small successes we do have even better. I too, like many think Disco has had his chance and not proven himself sufficient and I would expect the BOD to be thinking long and hard about a replacement come the end of the season. Until then I'm a Batley fan and whilst my enthusiasm for away games has fallen  I'll still go to every home match I can.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, Tony F said:

I would like to know what special privelidges there are being a fully paid for season ticket holder, must admit to getting the odd sausage sandwich after cleaning the ground Monday morning.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

You and the gang do a good job ernieone, well worth your sausage sarnie. there's a lot of work goes on that we don't see and take for granted.

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Then the answer is to be relegated to a division where our budget from our own income is better than most and we are a top side and the stay aways will be happy that we're winning? Or I guess if we won promotion to SL and lost most of the games the boycott would continue too? Failing that there's always the Rhinos, oh hang on a mo... Wigan then... ?

I for one much prefer championship life even if we do struggle sometimes/most times, it makes the small successes we do have even better. I too, like many think Disco has had his chance and not proven himself sufficient and I would expect the BOD to be thinking long and hard about a replacement come the end of the season. Until then I'm a Batley fan and whilst my enthusiasm for away games has fallen  I'll still go to every home match I can.

Spot on, agree with every word of this

One things for sure the "hardcore" grows smaller not bigger. Death, health, family, moving away etc. Those that do remain gain nothing by mud slinging.

Once your a batley fan I don't think you can change your colours or adopt another sport. It's in the blood

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

One things for sure the "hardcore" grows smaller not bigger. Death, health, family, moving away etc. Those that do remain gain nothing by mud slinging.

Once your a batley fan I don't think you can change your colours or adopt another sport. It's in the blood

Not mudslinging, just basic maths.

More fans/people turning up equals, more money through the turnstiles, better sponsorship, therefore a better product because we can afford better playing and coaching staff.

If it is in the blood, as you say, the 2-3000 that came to support us in the Grand Final and the Northern Rail Cup at Blackpool would be turning up every week for home games and we would have a team challenging for promotion every year. Problem is, they don't, so we can't.

It is just a big paradox, on one hand you want the club to provide a better product to entice you away from the tennis or Cleethorpes, and complain how sad it is you would rather do something else. But the only thing that would help to improve things on the field, is getting the people that are stopping away to turn up to improve revenue streams to be able to afford that. 

If you want to come and watch great, if you don't, that's fine too, it is a free country, do what you want. If you don't want to help fix things by turning up, then what is the point in complaining about it, to the people that do still turn up and try to make things better?

Or would you feel better if we all followed your example, and all stopped going, then there wouldn't be a club at all? What would you complain about then? The price of chips on the seafront reaching astronomic prices,  because the farmers cannot increase the potato crop enough to cope with the demand. ?

What's it like up there in that self righteous orbit with your feet up on that pedestal?

I'm not staying away nor boycotting till we finish in the qualifiers again. As for cleethorpes ouch it's Costa del filey, scarbados and playa whitby for my family a few times a year told lad

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Think I must of missed you on the marketing committee a bit back dogfather. Or weren't you feeling as passionate at that time. Really hope you go home and away, have a live direct debit to bissa, war chest member, supporters club membership, 30+ years interest in batley rlfc, season ticket holder and volunteer in some capacity.

If not you are a part time fan that relies upon teletext for our scores!!! ?

6 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Think I must of missed you on the marketing committee a bit back dogfather. Or weren't you feeling as passionate at that time. Really hope you go home and away, have a live direct debit to bissa, war chest member, supporters club membership, 30+ years interest in batley rlfc, season ticket holder and volunteer in some capacity.

Or as implied by a previous poster, a bottom kisser!

17 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

What's it like up there in that self righteous orbit with your feet up on that pedestal?

Well I get a good view of all four corners of the ground from up here. ?

I'm not staying away nor boycotting till we finish in the qualifiers again. As for cleethorpes ouch it's Costa del filey, scarbados and playa whitby for my family a few times a year told lad

Sorry I'm not up on the East coast in places, no offence meant. ?

8 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

40+ years and all of the above and shareholder (you missed that one), except the marketing committee, I worked too far away to get to the meetings. Fairweather fan, I know!!!! But let's stop measuring each others appendages eh? It's not polite in public and not really relevant. ? 

I think most people are feeling less passionate about RL than they once were. Not just Batley fans either, despite most clubs fudging the attendance figures, the crowds are hardly going through the roof from what I have seen, and certainly not outside of the top flight. Whether that is down to the disparity in funding, meaning SL is unachievable for most clubs without finding a rich benefactor, or whether there are just so many other things to spend surplus cash on. Maybe it is just one of the lull's like the one in the 70's, that saw the gates plummet that the game bounced back from, or whether this is the final straw and death knell that finally kills the game off is open to debate 

You must see the irony in your post though 9'oller, surely? 

Bored of this topic now.

anyway the new coach will renew life into the club. Get great players playing great

Archived