York at home

Batley Bob

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, phildog said:

Lots of talk about Robinson missing a long penalty at the end, nobody has bigged up Louis' 55 yarder (longer against the slope)!!

It was nowhere near that Phil. I would reckon about 42 metres. If it was 55 yards, it would have been in their half, which it definitely wasn't.

13 hours ago, distantdog said:

Nah, he was only messing with us!

I had flashbacks to Ainscough's bomb at Fev when Jouffret did that, I couldn't believe it...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Great effort shame about the usual 50.50 calls not going our way I was behind the sticks for woods try never looked forward tbh . And how was yates sin binned when robinson was the instigator twice . Yet when in first half yatescwas stopped twice from collecting the ball behind the sticks the ref just let it go very strange decisions all day I thought he never once checked his line as york were never onside all game

1 hour ago, toffeedog said:

Great effort shame about the usual 50.50 calls not going our way I was behind the sticks for woods try never looked forward tbh . And how was yates sin binned when robinson was the instigator twice . Yet when in first half yatescwas stopped twice from collecting the ball behind the sticks the ref just let it go very strange decisions all day I thought he never once checked his line as york were never onside all game

Rose tinted glasses mate , we're all the same???

2 hours ago, toffeedog said:

And Batley were never off side, you should be a ref mate, the one eye you have has very poor vision, we wont mention how many high shots Batley got away with shall we.

29 minutes ago, phildog said:

On the highlights clip, Jouffret was inside his own half, that's over 50, plus the slope....

He was not. He was two metres from their 40 metre line. That is the line just in front of him. The halfway line was behind him. The line indicator you can see on the video is for their 20m line. For some reason, we only use them for that line and not the 40m or halfway line. 

7 hours ago, spanishknight said:

And Batley were never off side, you should be a ref mate, the one eye you have has very poor vision, we wont mention how many high shots Batley got away with shall we.

The one eye he as got is glass. Diskin was moaning about the officials again,he’s getting to sound more like Glenn Morrison every day.

35 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

The one eye he as got is glass. Diskin was moaning about the officials again,he’s getting to sound more like Glenn Morrison every day.

If you'd seen Butterworth's kick from dummy half that bounced a foot inside of the touchline only to be waved out on the full...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

17 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

If you'd seen Butterworth's kick from dummy half that bounced a foot inside of the touchline only to be waved out on the full...

To some extent we see what we want to see. I remember a key try being disallowed at Leigh and calling the ref all the names under the sun.  The video later showed that the winger was well over the line.  I suspect that Butterworth's kick hit the line and skidded out, hence out on the full.  Most of my fellow Batley fans no doubt "saw" it clearly bounce a foot inside the line whilst  some of the nearby York fans probably clearly "saw" it bounce outside the line. If anyone has seen the full video then perhaps they would like to tell us whether the touchjudge or ref should have gone to Specsavers or whether the excitement of the moment clouded our judgement.

19 hours ago, graham fisher said:

So played against us , so no advantage to batley , but suspended against a relegation rival , that’s brilliant

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, Bi11 said:

To some extent we see what we want to see. I remember a key try being disallowed at Leigh and calling the ref all the names under the sun.  The video later showed that the winger was well over the line.  I suspect that Butterworth's kick hit the line and skidded out, hence out on the full.  Most of my fellow Batley fans no doubt "saw" it clearly bounce a foot inside the line whilst  some of the nearby York fans probably clearly "saw" it bounce outside the line. If anyone has seen the full video then perhaps they would like to tell us whether the touchjudge or ref should have gone to Specsavers or whether the excitement of the moment clouded our judgement.

I saw it clearly hit the line and consequently was correctly given as "out"

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

So played against us , so no advantage to batley , but suspended against a relegation rival , that’s brilliant

The incident happened in the Batley game, that's why he played against you, it even tells you that in your post, are you from Dewsbury?

Archived