Match Thread: Toronto v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 13th July 2019

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Jack Bussey can kick goals. In fact he has looked quite good on the very rare occasions I've seen him do it.

Bussey is the man for that...really looking forward to his return at Lamport...he will be going hard for sure...just hope he can keep his cool and not get suspended....I think that he will be easily baited but will put forth one heck of a game.

Gonna be warm....could have a pop up thuinderrstorm.

15 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Can’t see that Super League are going to be happy with players being unavailable due to visa issues. 

The Club have announced that Chisholm has a knock and is not being risked. Do you honestly think MC (or DL) would keep their mouths shut if we'd lost him due to visa issues? Someone has mentioned that there's a rumour that's why he hasn't travelled and suddenly that's the truth rather than the club's official announcement. I thought the conspiracy theories had been put to bed......  

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The Club have announced that Chisholm has a knock and is not being risked. Do you honestly think MC (or DL) would keep their mouths shut if we'd lost him due to visa issues? Someone has mentioned that there's a rumour that's why he hasn't travelled and suddenly that's the truth rather than the club's official announcement. I thought the conspiracy theories had been put to bed......  

No mention of Chisholm from me. But players have missed Toronto matches due to visa issues, haven’t they?. 

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It was me who mentioned the visa thing as that was what I was told ( no names mentioned ) this is not an unusual thing to happen at any club, sometimes in life things come to bite you back on the bottom from things you’ve done previously. Also how many times have we “signed” on a player who was coming to rovers in two or three weeks and a couple of months down the line we were still waiting due to visa issues. No conspiracy theories just a smokescreen don’t you think ??

Im Fev and im proud

12 hours ago, The Judge said:

Chisholm, King and Wheeldon all injured I believe. We won there last season with 14 players if memory serves me. Not sure that will happen this season but you never know. 

King's on holiday in Greece according to his Instagram stories. 

18 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It’s funny how Chisholm played the full 80 and was absolutely fine after the game . It must be one of them delayed injuries that comes on a couple of days later .

12 minutes ago, Gareth hock said:

It’s funny how Chisholm played the full 80 and was absolutely fine after the game . It must be one of them delayed injuries that comes on a couple of days later .

What, a bit like King's when he played for the full 80 against Fax and then missed the following game against Leigh?

On 11/07/2019 at 12:32, The Phantom Horseman said:

Tricky line-up to predict as a result. McLelland sure to be one half back. Bussey or Dagger the obvious candidates to be the other. But if it's Bussey, that means debutant Connor Jones has nobody obvious to spell him at hooker, having flown halfway across the world at the weekend and then across the Atlantic today.

McLelland and Dagger start at half back, Bussey at 9, Jones on the bench.

1 minute ago, Blue Pike said:

Bussey went over for a try and got the ball dislodged when there was two in the tackle???.He got punched to the face milling style bloodied and the player was only sin binned ????A bit unlucky so far 

Thought Connor Jones effort was very close would have liked a look from the video ref but we can't afford them for the Championship.We have given away a couple of silly penalties.Just a matter of keeping the score down in the second half i fear.But with Chissy ,Reynolds and King playing we might just have made them sweat.

Archived