Match Thread: Toronto v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 13th July 2019

Absolutely proud of all the lads, what a brave and courageous fight they put in. We’d got Toronto worried I’ll tell you, brilliant day out for all Fev fans young and not so young. Pity about the torrential rain just after the end of the game and everyone getting wet through. Nice to see Connor Jones and Luke Cooper coming and shaking fans hands (sorry if I missed anyone else out) and to Ryan Carr coming over clapping and thanking the fans. One day I’ll return to the city hopefully has I love it 

Im Fev and im proud

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You know I don't know if they showed it on the telecast but Bussey was ready to go the whole second half...ready to go in.  I think the coach didn't want to risk putting him in because he would blow his cool and get a big suspension.  I think it was the right move...just from someone who was there live and watching the whole thing develop.

Bussey failed his concussion test according to the Sky commentary team. 

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I should think he did having been punched 5 times in the head, how that wasn’t a red card bemused me, thought a punch was a straight red, as said before he’ll get a couple of matches and we lose an important part of our team, referees needs to grow some and start punishing bad play and protect the players.  Fantastic effort from Fev, we have a solid set of young, gutsy players at the minutes and if we can keep this spirit, we will challenge any team.  Well done boys, with the correct decisions, who knows.  Be proud, be very proud!!

Great game, Thought Jones looked very good on the back of some very good work from your pack, more than held there own against there big name opposition. 

Carrs proving to be an excellent appointment, clearly a very good coach but also with a good knowledge of the Aussie second grade, Makatoa and this new hooker look shrewd signings. 

With my Leeds hat on, i thought McCllelland played very well. Love Luke Briscoes attitude, real scrapper...Left Darcy Lussik dazed on the Deck and give him some verbal with it, wish Tom had Lukes fight.

For future reference...As a Leeds fan with Fev TV, who now follows your club pretty closely, is my opinion welcome in the MOM thread, or is it just for Fev fans?

12 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

For future reference...As a Leeds fan with Fev TV, who now follows your club pretty closely, is my opinion welcome in the MOM thread, or is it just for Fev fans?

Can't speak for everyone but am sure it will be more than welcome. Sometimes it's good to get a non-partisan fan's perspective. Great to see that a Leeds fan has invested in RoversTV.

13 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Very good display the lads can hold their heads high for taking Toronto to the edge.Conner Jones had a great game and considering he must be jet lagged having two flights in 5days.Exciting times ahead with him and King at number 9.Render again did not let us down and as i said in an earlier post he is worth taking a punt on.Dagger oh dear not a full back not a winger and not a stand off, he can kick a ball though but if i was picking a team he would be near the bottom of the list.Briscoe Golding Hardcastle Walters and Makatoa stood out for me.Day had a quiet game by his usuall standards.Another 3 silly penalties in the second half didn.t help matters.But we can be proud of our team.

Agree with most of that, the only thing I would say is Dagger IS a full back but hasn't played that position for us because we already have Golding (and Turner). I thought he had a moderate game against Leigh but it's harsh to judge him playing half back against the league's top defence in a disruptive week when he will have had virtually no prep time at that position.

1 hour ago, Auntie Ruth said:

I should think he did having been punched 5 times in the head, how that wasn’t a red card bemused me, thought a punch was a straight red, as said before he’ll get a couple of matches and we lose an important part of our team, referees needs to grow some and start punishing bad play and protect the players.  Fantastic effort from Fev, we have a solid set of young, gutsy players at the minutes and if we can keep this spirit, we will challenge any team.  Well done boys, with the correct decisions, who knows.  Be proud, be very proud!!

it would have been if the punches flowed the other way.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

18 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Great game, Thought Jones looked very good on the back of some very good work from your pack, more than held there own against there big name opposition. 

Carrs proving to be an excellent appointment, clearly a very good coach but also with a good knowledge of the Aussie second grade, Makatoa and this new hooker look shrewd signings. 

With my Leeds hat on, i thought McCllelland played very well. Love Luke Briscoes attitude, real scrapper...Left Darcy Lussik dazed on the Deck and give him some verbal with it, wish Tom had Lukes fight.

Well said. Agree with all that.

As an adopted Capper please feel free to give your clearly informed nominations.

48 minutes ago, PonteBlue said:

Great effort - lots of positives to take from that.

Be Surprised if Josh Walters doesn't feature in people's M.O.M nominations - having a good season!

Said this before but I can't remember a player who has turned round more fans' opinions than Walters. He used to get lots of grief in previous years but since he signed permanently for us he seems to have changed plenty of minds and it seems clear he loves playing for Fev.

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Said this before but I can't remember a player who has turned round more fans' opinions than Walters. He used to get lots of grief in previous years but since he signed permanently for us he seems to have changed plenty of minds and it seems clear he loves playing for Fev.

I’ve always rated Josh Walters even when he played with Leeds, he’s not the biggest, but he’s a workhorse and plays it hard, he takes some hard hits, but shirks nothing.  He appears to enjoy playing with us, long may it continue!

15 minutes ago, Auntie Ruth said:

I’ve always rated Josh Walters even when he played with Leeds, he’s not the biggest, but he’s a workhorse and plays it hard, he takes some hard hits, but shirks nothing.  He appears to enjoy playing with us, long may it continue!

Yes you did always rate Walters I can vouch for that I didn’t rate him at all before this season but he’s definitely changed my mind now i am happy to be proved wrong . Hopefully we can get him signed up but it’s looking doubtful from what I have heard .

On a side note Carr never seems to keep Ormonroyd on for long he doesn’t ever seem to play many minutes .

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He was doing the 'I got my bell rung' routine after that for sure.

Couldn't of happened to a nicer chap bussey. That aside I was a fervent traditionalist for the day good effort guys. Toronto knew they were in a game

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Just watched the match only thing for me for us to worry about is hardys shoulder barge ,  cannot for the life of me, see how the ref did not automatically send off the forward for is boxing antics you just cannot do that , great young players stepped up to the mark and it was a brilliant performance from everyone of them , ormys try was outstanding and young render gave is all  wow we have a real star in Connor jones , WELL DONE  ROVERS 

On 14/07/2019 at 08:29, PonteBlue said:

Great effort - lots of positives to take from that.

Be Surprised if Josh Walters doesn't feature in people's M.O.M nominations - having a good season!

Grafters that put in a full match of effort very rarely feature in mom. People remember a piece of brilliance or someone who scores three tries rather than notice whats normal. Carey too goes unnoticed but he puts in some graft but if these sort of players suddenly miss a tackle or drop a ball then they get overlooked. All in all though I think the present mix of players are knitting together well with plenty of team spirit

Archived