Match Thread: Toronto v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 13th July 2019

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Bussey went over for a try and got the ball dislodged when there was two in the tackle???.He got punched to the face milling style bloodied and the player was only sin binned ????A bit unlucky so far 

Wilkin punched it out in a three man tackle.

What a performance with a patched up team. Jones looks fantastic. Render brilliant defence. Carey what a work horse. Ormandroyd great game. With the likes of Davies Wheeldon Chisholm King and Sutcliffe missing that was some performance. Plus the fact they should have been playing with twelve men. Welldone Fev

Very good display the lads can hold their heads high for taking Toronto to the edge.Conner Jones had a great game and considering he must be jet lagged having two flights in 5days.Exciting times ahead with him and King at number 9.Render again did not let us down and as i said in an earlier post he is worth taking a punt on.Dagger oh dear not a full back not a winger and not a stand off, he can kick a ball though but if i was picking a team he would be near the bottom of the list.Briscoe Golding Hardcastle Walters and Makatoa stood out for me.Day had a quiet game by his usuall standards.Another 3 silly penalties in the second half didn.t help matters.But we can be proud of our team.

Didn't see the match, but reading the posts above , Is Bussey out again injured do you think.

Sounds like a great team effort and with losing by 4 it helps against the 68 Toulouse scored in the points for/against table.

Got to be really pleased with that performance. Great effort in the heat from the lads especially when you take into account no Chissy, no Cam King and no Reynolds.

we will be no worse off table position wise after this weekend. Win the rest of our games - which I think is realistic- and we’re in the top 5

25 minutes ago, mightyship said:

Got to be really pleased with that performance. Great effort in the heat from the lads especially when you take into account no Chissy, no Cam King and no Reynolds.

we will be no worse off table position wise after this weekend. Win the rest of our games - which I think is realistic- and we’re in the top 5

You guys have a very good team that doesn't ever give up...just got back....it was a good game to watch.  I can't wait to see the upload...was some good battles.

You Fev folks always seem to be up for a good game over here, today my comment is the same that it was last year but with a different result:

Fev Running Hard!

Fev Hitting Hard!

Good game Fev.

1 minute ago, Smudger06 said:

Our forwards were immense today. Running at em hard and refusing to accept being tackled, causing line breaks.

Who was that one tall lanky guy (8?) he made good yards and so did the stocky guy with the headcap...also number 5 played very well.  Good effort all around.   I don't know if Bussey was red carded or what but he was on the sideline ready to go for that entire game ...did he get carded there?

32 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Who was that one tall lanky guy (8?) he made good yards and so did the stocky guy with the headcap...also number 5 played very well.  Good effort all around.   I don't know if Bussey was red carded or what but he was on the sideline ready to go for that entire game ...did he get carded there?

Jack Ormondroyd? No don't think Bussey got a card, just brought off after getting punched to head by lussick. 

38 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Jack Ormondroyd? No don't think Bussey got a card, just brought off after getting punched to head by lussick. 

You know I don't know if they showed it on the telecast but Bussey was ready to go the whole second half...ready to go in.  I think the coach didn't want to risk putting him in because he would blow his cool and get a big suspension.  I think it was the right move...just from someone who was there live and watching the whole thing develop.

Archived