Alternative ideas

Spike

What ideas can anyone come up with seen as tho the dinosaurs in charge of the council wont build the mew stadia

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spike said:

What ideas can anyone come up with seen as tho the dinosaurs in charge of the council wont build the mew stadia

It doesn't matter what we come up with, it's all about a one mans crusade to spite the last Labour Council and he will bully people into his way of thinking because he is a self confident arrogant bully who thinks he's the emporer of Allerdale. 

Nothing ever seems to go in favour for Workington. I think the council have made the wrong decision and will regret it in time until then nothing the public say or do will change that decision unfortunately 

I’m certain the majority on here have selective reading skills! I’ve read multiple statements in which the council have stated that it’s their intention to build a new facility for both clubs to share. Have patience and let them do what they’ve promised

48 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

I’m certain the majority on here have selective reading skills! I’ve read multiple statements in which the council have stated that it’s their intention to build a new facility for both clubs to share. Have patience and let them do what they’ve promised

they have said exactly that  a new facility will be built just not the one planned by labour.

54 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

Yeah, it's not like any tory led councils have ever failed to fulfil promises is it.... This new stadium will not happen, they will do the very minimum they can get away with to the existing ones. 

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yeah, it's not like any tory led councils have ever failed to fulfil promises is it.... This new stadium will not happen, they will do the very minimum they can get away with to the existing ones. 

probably. the clubs have a meeting scheduled for 2 weeks time a believe. if they get nothing from it they  need to come out all guns blazing and let everyone know. 

Calamity jenkinson will see to it that the absolute minimum is spent. I’d imagine his idea of sporting facilities and people who play or follow sport are two totally different things. He’s absolutely zero interest in either Town or the Reds. Unfortunately his overbearing influence means that those who now sit on the clowncil follow him like sheep. Hence why nobody is having their recycling bin emptied (his idea to cancel).

I think that both sports clubs will probably end up going it alone trying to make do and mend.

I'd rather stay at DP than some small little alternative with a poor view. Redevelop  DP and share with the reds. Put an all weather training pitch on the current BP site for  Town/reds to train and for community use rest of the week.

12 minutes ago, town4me said:

I'd rather stay at DP than some small little alternative with a poor view. Redevelop  DP and share with the reds. Put an all weather traing pitch on the current BP site for  Town/reds to train and for community use rest of the week.

I’d expect they’d want to sell one of the sites to recoup some cash.

1 hour ago, Cumbria RL said:

Serious question? Iv been too borough park to watch kids football and actually thought it was a good venue. As a neutral do any of you guys not prefer BP to DP. 

I prefer being closer to the pitch, but ultimately I want facilities fit for the 21st century. either ground would do for me.

I struggle to see how a council that cannot deliver on bin collections can deliver a multi million pound construction project. 

Before we know it, we will have wasted a few years. By which time, the current council will lose to a labour one and we will start this carry on all over again.

3 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

I’d expect they’d want to sell one of the sites to recoup some cash.

Town have a very long lease on DP so if any is going to be sold I would imagine it being BP.

If we have to do one up I personally think DP is the best option as it has a much larger footprint with plenty of space for parking along with the Offices and Shop and  larger capacity as it stands and if the old scoreboard end was developed it would have a larger capacity than the new stadium would have provided.

5 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

Serious question? Iv been too borough park to watch kids football and actually thought it was a good venue. As a neutral do any of you guys not prefer BP to DP. 

Borough Parks pitch length is too small for rugby league

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

2 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Town have a very long lease on DP so if any is going to be sold I would imagine it being BP.

Not anymore they dont, if the rumours are true they sold it a few months ago as part of the new stadium deal.

35 minutes ago, dkw said:

Not anymore they dont, if the rumours are true they sold it a few months ago as part of the new stadium deal.

If the new stadium deal is now off the table. Then the original lease should be honoured shouldn't it?

Struggling to keep up with where we currently stand regarding leases on both BP and DP. The new stadium proposal, the arrangements for the reds football next season, our pitch. The whole thing needs clarified.

33 minutes ago, townie88 said:

If the new stadium deal is now off the table. Then the original lease should be honoured shouldn't it?

Struggling to keep up with where we currently stand regarding leases on both BP and DP. The new stadium proposal, the arrangements for the reds football next season, our pitch. The whole thing needs clarified.

would that also mean any monies paid would have to be returned?

with regards to reds they have 6 years left, there is a break clause in the lease where the council can give us 6 months notice, but they have to provide suitable/equal to what we have now (which isn't much). so what counts as suitable? Derwent park? as a stadium 100% suitable but is suitable losing all the catering etc? it's a very grey area and that's exactly how its wored in the lease documentation 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Since I had stroke in February 2016 I have been able too get down to DP and so I have to rely on Radio Cumbria to get my fix.   I have been a shareholder at Town since 1989 and own 40 shares in Workington Town RLFC.  I was given to understand that IF the new stadium went ahead then the shares would be worthless.  Where this comes from I have no idea because I have not been informed by the club and during this whole saga I have not received any information about the club or the stadium.  So it would be nice to know just what is the position for such as myself and my shares.

On a different track I see that Barrow have started videoing their matches and for £5 per match people like myself can watch a video of their matches the day after they have played.  Bradford have a more elaborate set-up where they show games as the happen.  Surely this day and age Town could come up with a similar system.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

1 minute ago, Nero said:

That is wrong!

I really hope so!  It would be rank bad business sense to dispose of the substantial lease without having a get-out clause in the event of the new stadium development not being delivered .

I see Sue Hayman has written to Allerdale council asking all the questions that have been raised on here and it will be interesting to see what the response is. She is already getting flak from certain worthies accusing her of "jumping on the bandwagon" ! Seems like she can't win, after being criticized for not getting involved she now faces hostility for doing just that. 

Archived