Alternative ideas

Spike

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

would that also mean any monies paid would have to be returned?

with regards to reds they have 6 years left, there is a break clause in the lease where the council can give us 6 months notice, but they have to provide suitable/equal to what we have now (which isn't much). so what counts as suitable? Derwent park? as a stadium 100% suitable but is suitable losing all the catering etc? it's a very grey area and that's exactly how its wored in the lease documentation 

Well Derwent Park shortly will have a very good quality surface for football. 

It also has a licence to consume alchohol in all areas which would increase bar revenue. 

It has a bar and function room on both sides of the ground again increasing revenue. 

It has a sponsors lounge capacity for between 75/80 so potentially double the Reds so double the opportunities to bring sponsors to an improved facility. 

Has more toilets and a somewhere to sit under cover. So spectator experience improved. 

A genuine office block that could be modified to incorporate a club shop for the Reds. 

But catering is an issue?.

That's a tad small minded in my opinion and not something that can't be rectified. 

Town have outside food outlets so striking a deal with them would be an option. 

I know where'd id rather watch sport after experiencing both grounds.

The future surely has to be at one stadium and Town needs less done to it. 

But ultimately that has to be at a new facility. 

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Not anymore they dont, if the rumours are true they sold it a few months ago as part of the new stadium deal.

Well if it sold it was only 2 men that sold it?,but i believe it was on the stadium being given the go ahead...

24 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Well if it sold it was only 2 men that sold it?,but i believe it was on the stadium being given the go ahead...

I also heard the lease has been sold and if what I'm told is true we won't see rugby or football on DP again, can this not be clarified by the club, also a question regarding BP it was stated that BP needed approx 150 grand spent on it to get a safety certificate, now the new stadium plans have been blow away that figure has gone down to 15 grand?? All confusing but everything regarding this sorry saga is confusing and also embarrassing. 

10 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I also heard the lease has been sold and if what I'm told is true we won't see rugby or football on DP again, can this not be clarified by the club, also a question regarding BP it was stated that BP needed approx 150 grand spent on it to get a safety certificate, now the new stadium plans have been blow away that figure has gone down to 15 grand?? All confusing but everything regarding this sorry saga is confusing and also embarrassing. 

Bloody hell.......anyone got any GOOD NEWS to post on here ???????????????????

15 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

That is also incumbent on Allerdale to clarify the situation regarding the lease on Derwent Park. If it has been surrendered without any guarantee of a comparable playing facility then the public and shareholders must be told who brokered such a deal and informed of the financial arrangements involved. After more than fifty years of witnessing many bewildering machinations being played out at Town I no longer have the capacity to be surprised. 

12 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

Bloody hell.......anyone got any GOOD NEWS to post on here ???????????????????

My understanding is that the lease on DP is to be surrendered as part of the new stadium deal but that a guarantee is in place to allow Town continued use of DP until such time as a new facility is provided. No new stadium, Town continue playing at Derwent Park!

Just now, pensioner said:

My understanding is that the lease on DP is to be surrendered as part of the new stadium deal but that a guarantee is in place to allow Town continued use of DP until such time as a new facility is provided. No new stadium, Town continue playing at Derwent Park!

That needs to be written in tablets of stone. As I have said the lease on DP is held by Allerdale council and all matters pertaining to that lease are a matter of public interest and must be subject to total transparency - without recourse to any FOI request. Let's hope that due diligence has been practised at all times and the lengthy period of tenure is still intact. 

42 minutes ago, pensioner said:

That is correct! Anything else is just rumour!

9 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

Serious question? Iv been too borough park to watch kids football and actually thought it was a good venue. As a neutral do any of you guys not prefer BP to DP. 

No not its present state. 

Jenkinson has talked about new facilities being provided as and when necessary regarding stadium developments. With the Reds it will depend on the league they play in but Town?

So would a one sided stadium (One new main seated stand) suffice. A bit like Dumbarton FC or East Fife.

2 hours ago, Keith T said:

Since I had stroke in February 2016 I have been able too get down to DP and so I have to rely on Radio Cumbria to get my fix.   I have been a shareholder at Town since 1989 and own 40 shares in Workington Town RLFC.  I was given to understand that IF the new stadium went ahead then the shares would be worthless.  Where this comes from I have no idea because I have not been informed by the club and during this whole saga I have not received any information about the club or the stadium.  So it would be nice to know just what is the position for such as myself and my shares.

On a different track I see that Barrow have started videoing their matches and for £5 per match people like myself can watch a video of their matches the day after they have played.  Bradford have a more elaborate set-up where they show games as the happen.  Surely this day and age Town could come up with a similar system.

The shares are worthless anyway. There’s uncalled share capital on the balance sheet, if the shares were a decent investment or in demand that wouldn’t be the case, all they give you is voting power.

6 minutes ago, Super Rooster said:

Jenkinson has talked about new facilities being provided as and when necessary regarding stadium developments. With the Reds it will depend on the league they play in but Town?

So would a one sided stadium (One new main seated stand) suffice. A bit like Dumbarton FC or East Fife.

It certainly would be worse than both clubs have now with little or no atmosphere. It needs to be a modern development that Allerdales sporting youngsters aspire to play on, and also attract new fans. If the burden of maintaining  both old and decrepid stadiums isn't taken out of both clubs hands, they will both struggle to survive IMO. Spending anymore on either stadium would just be papering over huge cracks and would be a waste of cash. 

13 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

The shares are worthless anyway. There’s uncalled share capital on the balance sheet, if the shares were a decent investment or in demand that wouldn’t be the case, all they give you is voting power.

And when do shareholders get to exercise those voting rights? Doesn't appear to have been much inclusion in recent decisions?

2 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

It also has a licence to consume alchohol in all areas which would increase bar revenue. 

It has a bar and function room on both sides of the ground again increasing revenue. 

It has a sponsors lounge capacity for between 75/80 so potentially double the Reds so double the opportunities to bring sponsors to an improved facility. 

Has more toilets and a somewhere to sit under cover. So spectator experience improved. 

A genuine office block that could be modified to incorporate a club shop for the Reds. 

That's a tad small minded in my opinion and not something that can't be rectified. 

I agree with you, others may not. any new facility or revamped stadium both clubs have to go in as equal partners surely? eg what they generate they keep. not one renting off the other and that also applies if town ended up at BP permanently.

2 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

I think the 150k figure is to replace steel work the pop side as well. 

2 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Just need better access and I agree DP  is surely the best option. Stick a new stand behind both  sticks. New roof and cladding on the main stand and same for the SW stand.  Improve the function room amd  changing rooms offices etc.

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

And when do shareholders get to exercise those voting rights? Doesn't appear to have been much inclusion in recent decisions?

AGM or EGM I’d say. 

Im a shareholder in HSBC and Barclays amongst others but they rarely consult me unfortunately.

15 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

AGM or EGM I’d say. 

Im a shareholder in HSBC and Barclays amongst others but they rarely consult me unfortunately.

I was at the stadium meeting as a shareholder and it was clearly explained about the move, my understanding is that if this stadium plan fell through the lease was reinstated and we continue at DP. It was voted on, explained superbly by legal on the night and i received a letter from the club inviting me to attend. 

The club had covered all bases in the event of the stadium not going ahead. 

Nero has stated this a few times on here also. 

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

It certainly would be worse than both clubs have now with little or no atmosphere. It needs to be a modern development that Allerdales sporting youngsters aspire to play on, and also attract new fans. If the burden of maintaining  both old and decrepid stadiums isn't taken out of both clubs hands, they will both struggle to survive IMO. Spending anymore on either stadium would just be papering over huge cracks and would be a waste of cash. 

Correct unicorn. 

As the old saying goes “if you put lipstick on a pig, it’s still a pig”

Archived