Sheffield

NickD

Well, we go into this game with some momentum but will that be enough against a team that on paper is much better than we are and historically we always struggle against?  I suspect not but at least last week means we have some hope.

Mind, as BSJ will remind us - its the hope that kills you...

They lost at home to York last week and to Leigh the week before, that that should give us some hope. If the team are up for it and start well, then a win is a definite possibility. Let's hope we can make it three good performances on the trot.

Think Dom Speakman will prove an inspired signing.

I am so used to being disappointed whenever we have played Sheffield that I really struggle to remember our successes against them but I will be there, albeit with little real expectation. Once I have wiped the tears from my eyes after paying their exhorbitatnt prices for the privelege of attending a game in a school field I hope (!!!) to see an entertaining game, at least. If we could take anything from it that would be a big bonus.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Is Chris Annakin still with us?? .... he gives us a real edge in the forwards .... Has Dom signed on or is he on loan from Widnes? .... hoping he has signed.. he made a real difference last week and pushed Paul Sykes all the way for MOM!

I also really liked Connor McGrath .. did we only have him for the one game whilst Gabriel was suspended?

I think Finn should be taking the kicks to protect Sykes's leg ..... Sykes is too important to nearly everything we do!

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

Is Chris Annakin still with us?? .... he gives us a real edge in the forwards .... Has Dom signed on or is he on loan from Widnes? .... hoping he has signed.. he made a real difference last week and pushed Paul Sykes all the way for MOM!

I also really liked Connor McGrath .. did we only have him for the one game whilst Gabriel was suspended?

I think Finn should be taking the kicks to protect Sykes's leg ..... Sykes is too important to nearly everything we do!

Chris Annakin severe concussion end of Leigh game so not sure how much longer he’ll be out for. Dom is signed till end of season. And McGrath is here for a month.

20 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Chris Annakin severe concussion end of Leigh game so not sure how much longer he’ll be out for. Dom is signed till end of season. And McGrath is here for a month.

Its good to know people in the know!! .... I hope you had a good holiday!! .... You going to Sheffield?

9 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Its good to know people in the know!! .... I hope you had a good holiday!! .... You going to Sheffield?

It’s all the rams website.  Quite good for news these days. Try it every now and then and you won’t need Graham

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Had a great holiday thanks nicely finished off with us beating Barrow. No not going to Sheffield as I’ve a prior engagement.

Washing your hair - again??

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, NickD said:

strong looking team that...

Who's covering Menzie Yere down our right I wonder....

If Yere plays, that is. He has spent most of the season at Doncaster.

20 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Trout the Younger is my guess. 

Parr for the course?

20 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Parr for the course?

Deep even by your standards BSJ - I assume you were angling after a response ? :kolobok_nea:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

45 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Deep even by your standards BSJ - I assume you were angling after a response ? :kolobok_nea:

Stop carping on GOR, there's a time and a plaice for fish humour, halibut this isn't it..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

23 hours ago, andyram said:

D_HBZIvXUAcBP-T.jpeg

Our squad looks good too. Gabriel back along with Annakin.  Will be interesting to see which twobare dropped.  

1 hour ago, coolie said:

It's not called "dropped" no more

It's squad rotation ????

Gab not able to get in the 17. V surprised.  I’d have had him and Conor on the wings given recent defensive issues on our right.  

I travelled in hope rather than expectation but once again am cursing as we could have won but the evil twins of indiscipline and poor defence strike again to frustrate us. However it was an enjoyable game and we stood up well on attack though McGrath was horribly exposed twice on the wing. The Batley game grows in importance each week....

2 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

I travelled in hope rather than expectation but once again am cursing as we could have won but the evil twins of indiscipline and poor defence strike again to frustrate us.

Story of our season for sure    

Shame.  

Archived