Overseas Quota by club

53 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's also pleasing to see Wigan have so few quota and NFT players.

Yes, I was pleased when Wire took that approach a few years back.  Now we have at least a couple of average overseas players there.

48 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, I was pleased when Wire took that approach a few years back.  Now we have at least a couple of average overseas players there.

Are you counting Blake Austin among the average overseas players?

2 minutes ago, Goughy said:

I am sure there is a logic to it but how on earth does England international Rangi Chase count as an overseas player at Doncaster?

Because he hasn’t played for 3 years by the time he’s 21 in a RLEF nation. 

I understand your point but they’re the rules, which are designed to encourage home grown development 

4 minutes ago, Goughy said:

I am sure there is a logic to it but how on earth does England international Rangi Chase count as an overseas player at Doncaster?

Kheirallah at Toulouse as well, he played for France. I assume the nationality and residency qualifications are two different things

1 hour ago, Goughy said:

These rules were brought in to prevent players coming off the quota by qualifying for any European nation via a grandparent. 

Leuluai somehow manages to be both an overseas and a NFT player for Wigan.

Hamlin might well be gone from the Wigan list before the season is out, which would leave just 3 overall in both categories (Sammutt, Leuluai, Isa).

Of the five lads listed at London, one plays in the Academy and another the U16s. Remarkable to see so few senior foreign players - only Yates, Morgan and Ioane - playing for the club.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

11 hours ago, nadera78 said:

Of the five lads listed at London, one plays in the Academy and another the U16s. Remarkable to see so few senior foreign players - only Yates, Morgan and Ioane - playing for the club.

Whereabouts have the guys in the junior system come from?

Looking at this list shows that the RFL could still put on a pretty good England v "Exiles" (###### name) or Rest of the World fixture, featuring Super League players only. In such a long season, I think some sort of mid year rep football is essential to add variety, create talking points and give players something else to play for. I'm not necessarily advocating for this over other options (such as tests against France or Wales), just saying... There ARE options. There's still a lot of very good, well credentialed overseas players in England. 

1 hour ago, UniSamX said:

Whereabouts have the guys in the junior system come from?

One has played union for Peru U19s, the other I don't know about.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

32 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

One has played union for Peru U19s, the other I don't know about.

If they progress, then those 2 will end up off the quota in due course, once they’ve played for 3 years by the time they’re 21 

6 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

If they progress, then those 2 will end up off the quota in due course, once they’ve played for 3 years by the time they’re 21 

I don’t think they’ll come off quota just off the non federation trained list. 

Archived