12-14 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wilsontown said:

York could have won it with a last-kick penalty as well. About 60 m out but down the slope so you thought it might happen...

It was almost deja vu after the cup quarter final. 

It would have been shattering to lose like that after playing so well so really pleased with the draw. York are second so it is a point I wasn't expecting. I didn't think 6-2 down the slope would be sufficient. 

It also eases relegation fears in that it shows we are capable of performing up to the standard of the top teams. 

What were your thoughts about the game and how both teams played.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

We had only one truly bashing prop ... Ross Peltier, who had a great game  ... and lost the ground-gaining battle. It's no good Kear placing all the blame on his players when he picks three hookers in the seventeen.

Stuart Littler (surprisingly to me) coaches a fast slick passing game and Swinton  were fast out of the blocks in the first quarter. Swinton were the better team till they tired a bit in the last quarter. We showed plenty of effort in that period and I think a draw was a fair result.

There was a fair bit of rough and tumble in the second half (a bit less surprisingly to me for a team coached by Stuart Littler? ) and greatly influenced by players goading each other. A rolling biff lasted a minute or so and we ended with our twelve vs their eleven. It's a pity that we won't meet again this season.   

Best player on the field was Samuel Kibula . It's obvious that he belongs in higher company.      

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Bulls were outplayed by a side who wanted it more and lucky to get the point. Five wins and a Draw in last eight games for Swinton.

Barrow at home next week for the Lions

2 hours ago, Niels said:

It would have been shattering to lose like that after playing so well so really pleased with the draw. York are second so it is a point I wasn't expecting. I didn't think 6-2 down the slope would be sufficient. 

It also eases relegation fears in that it shows we are capable of performing up to the standard of the top teams. 

Both sides made too many mistakes draw fair result.

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Sammy Kibula, another snapped by Wigan from Leyth

When Super League split from the rest of R.L. forceing the Championship teams to downsize and go part time,Where will the young up and coming players come from?.Too big a step up from part time level for most players,as i see it more players playing at the highest level they can achieve is the way to go.

16 hours ago, Niels said:

How is Jack Broadbent going for you guys? I saw he scored in this game 

17 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

John Kear absolutely caning the Bradford performance and threatening to call up the Reserves.  

He's said that at least twice in post-match summaries this season - and then picked pretty much the same 17 the following week.

I'm afraid he's going to need to actually do it if he wants the players to take him seriously.

Archived