11 Jul: SL: Hull FC v London Broncos 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/19 at 18:45

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, MZH said:

It's almost a case of it being too easy early on I think. If London had competed a bit better earlier on and made us work a bit harder we probably wouldn't have seen this. But when you go in at half time knowing the game is over and suddenly the other team start really getting stuck in it's really hard to pick yourselves up again.

The complete mirror image to what happened against Saints, they put the cue in the rack, we scored a couple of tries but Saints didn't really care knowing they were never going to lose from 40-0.

3 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

The complete mirror image to what happened against Saints, they put the cue in the rack, we scored a couple of tries but Saints didn't really care knowing they were never going to lose from 40-0.

It happens fairly often. Once you have "switched off" it's very hard to turn it back on again. Credit to London for not giving up.

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

What a pointless game.

Other than giving some of the younger Broncos players a hit out.

I understand if people think it was a poor choice for tv but I can't work out how it can be described as a pointless game. There are two points separating the bottom 4 teams, there is a huge amount riding on these games.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

57 minutes ago, MZH said:

All of Hull's early intensity has disappeared. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't score a point in the second half.

There always has to be someone who spoils it for you?

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Find myself agreeing with Phil Clarke a lot more. Should I see the doctor?

What about me! I found myself agreeing with both Saintslass and Martyn. I had to lock myself in a darkened room and give myself a severe talking to before I recovered. When I start listening to Phil Clarke I promise I'll top myself?

Just now, Clogiron said:

What about me! I found myself agreeing with both Saintslass and Martyn. I had to lock myself in a darkened room and give myself a severe talking to before I recovered. When I start listening to Phil Clarke I promise I'll top myself?

To be fair to him (for once and perhaps the only time), Clarke consistently calls out poor application of the laws and demands improvement for the benefit of the game (and the viewer). His heart is in the right place.

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

To be fair to him (for once and perhaps the only time), Clarke consistently calls out poor application of the laws and demands improvement for the benefit of the game (and the viewer). His heart is in the right place.

Wigan.

29 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

He very often calls out blatant ignoring of the laws in this manner, I have been on about this one for years.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

phil clarke is bang on rules are rules the game is being ruined by sloppiness discipline is vital, all the indiscipline make the game poorer.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

11 minutes ago, Padge said:

He very often calls out blatant ignoring of the laws in this manor, I have been on about this one for years.

You are Phil Clarke and I claim my Hollands pie?

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Find myself agreeing with Phil Clarke a lot more. Should I see the doctor?

I maybe in a minority but I like Clarke. Apart from his sometimes bizarre predictions, which I think are more to create a reaction, he talks a lot of sense. He doesn’t rabbit on like Terry ‘he’s a quality player’ O’Connor and just interjects when he has a valid point or game observation to make 

London look like the season and injury toll is catching up with them, but their resilience is admirable. I still think Hull KR will finish bottom. 

It was strange that Abdull was on the bench and they went with 2 hookers in the halves. I can only think he either wasn’t fully fit, or he’d been dropped for some off field indiscretion. 

21 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

London look like the season and injury toll is catching up with them, but their resilience is admirable. I still think Hull KR will finish bottom. 

It was strange that Abdull was on the bench and they went with 2 hookers in the halves. I can only think he either wasn’t fully fit, or he’d been dropped for some off field indiscretion. 

He's fat and has his National Express to Hull booked for the off season.... Happy for him not to be picked again

On 10/07/2019 at 12:52, Old Frightful said:

Altogether now...

"LAHNDAN, LAHNDAN, LAHNDAN!..."

*ahem*.

Bit disappointed that it took Hull almost the entire first half to realise what was at stake in this game. The only positive was that it didn't too much damage to London's points difference in the end.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived