12 Jul: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull Kingston Rovers 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/19 at 18:45

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most important game this Friday evening yet the Antipodean coaches over in Lancs are crying because their tuppence ha'penny derby ain't on Sky.

Can't wait for this one, bring it on!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Tony Smith will have KR well prepared for this one and it's the legendary Danny McGuire`s last Hurrah at Headingley.  I think it will be very tense at first, there have been signs of relief after Leeds recent wins ,but if they win this one the feeling will be one of " bring on next year" Hard to call ,but Leeds  by 8

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Leeds by 24. Hopefully they have turned a corner, judging by the Cas game, they have learned how to dig in again and although luck was on their side defended as a team. Rovers might make a fist of it but I expect Leeds to get the win. 

Amazing what a bit of confidence does. You really do get the impression the Leeds players are looking up not down now.

The ex Leeds lads will absolutely be out to prove a point although with both sets of players potentially threatened with relegation amended contracts players should not lack motivation.

Headingley will be absolutely bouncing, plenty going on before the game and the Robins often travel well too.

It will be the first game since the stadium has been fully opened which will have a positive aura about the place and be close to capacity.

Queue Hicks and this year's SL mantra of 4th down can be relegated to spoil the party.

Should be a cracker. Free flowing game Leeds to win well or a scrappy, stop start, penalty driven game KR pinch by 2.

Think Leeds might win this, a lot of the pressure has been lifted by the broncs losing 3 in a row. I think Smith has big job on his hands, Rovers are like their neighbours, he can't be sure what he's going to get when they go out the dressing room door at the start and for the second half. I know their used to be something in the air in 'Ull, the smell or rotting fish, but what is it now that makes player's forget everything they have worked on during the week and lose concentration ?

Leeds by 43.

No idea where that number came from.

Your jealous heart. You are a sad sweet dreamer. You post more about the mighty Robins than that bag of horse manure you support! Who won 2 out of 3 Derbies this year? Or do you measure it on points difference.

The Yorkshire Pride 3 will drag me off the beach later to see whether our play off push is on or not. No doubt you will be watching it in some washed up back Street pub in run down West Hull, enjoy it all you like,remember Sky ditched Saints v Wigan to cover the Big Match and switched next week's fixture against Huddersfield to Friday to cover the Rovers,thus allowing me to attend Hull Pride as well. 

Was that reaction good enough to your pathetic little hook!

On 10/07/2019 at 18:15, Old Frightful said:

The most important game this Friday evening yet the Antipodean coaches over in Lancs are crying because their tuppence ha'penny derby ain't on Sky.

Can't wait for this one, bring it on!

By a long way. Not even up for discussion IMO.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

9 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Your jealous heart. You are a sad sweet dreamer. You post more about the mighty Robins than that bag of horse manure you support! Who won 2 out of 3 Derbies this year? Or do you measure it on points difference.

From your first couple of lines I thought you were writing me a song mate. Do you like both types of music...country and western?

I think you'll find I post far more about my bag of horse manure than Rervers.

Oh, and for accuracy's sake, I measure the difference in success of our respective teams on their league table positions.

However, if we're in SL and your lot are in the Championship, I simply don't bother.

10 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

The Yorkshire Pride 3 will drag me off the beach later to see whether our play off push is on or not. No doubt you will be watching it in some washed up back Street pub in run down West Hull, enjoy it all you like,remember Sky ditched Saints v Wigan to cover the Big Match and switched next week's fixture against Huddersfield to Friday to cover the Rovers,thus allowing me to attend Hull Pride as well. 

Was that reaction good enough to your pathetic little hook!

Aren't they the best ones?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived