12 Jul: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull Kingston Rovers 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/19 at 18:45

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Davcas1 said:

Excellent performance from HKR.

They really are better than their league position and play some great rugby.

They aren’t better than their league position look at their points difference.

Whilst quite rightly their fans should be very happy tonight they're still below Leeds, they aren’t out of the brown stuff just yet, this game was a game where quite a few of their players and coach had a point to prove and they did, can they back it up?

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

They aren’t better than their league position look at their points difference.

Whilst quite rightly their fans should be very happy tonight they're still below Leeds, they aren’t out of the brown stuff just yet, this game was a game where quite a few of their players and coach had a point to prove and they did, can they back it up?

You are quite correct, the table does not lie.

I suppose what I meant was if they had played like tonight, they would not be where they are. Of course this could be down to Tony Smith.

So Leeds win a couple of games and the player's think they only have to turn up to win. Smith completly wipes the the floor with his ex assistant Agar and the look on Sinfields face says a thousand words, most of which revolve around how he can exit this shambles with reputation intact, unfortunately he can't , Heatheringtons done him up like a kipper?

21 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Lovely bouquet from the Spar for Ange. Truly touching gesture from Richard Agar.

Agar should be working at the Spar. Do Leeds actually want to be relegated having this goon in charge?

Can say it tonight without being accused of making excuses. Hicks was terrible tonight,so many decisions he made were perverse . He certainly brought unity in my pub between Leeds and Rovers fans. Did he get any help from linesmen? Do they critically review their performances on Monday? Do they ever learn anything?

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

From your first couple of lines I thought you were writing me a song mate. Do you like both types of music...country and western?

I think you'll find I post far more about my bag of horse manure than Rervers.

Oh, and for accuracy's sake, I measure the difference in success of our respective teams on their league table positions.

However, if we're in SL and your lot are in the Championship, I simply don't bother.

And Hull are 3rd with a negative points difference,off the back of their longest losing run ever. Oh and they lost 2 out of 3 Derbies. 

For me there is only 1 team in Hull,pity you are not made of sterner stuff and could cross the River to the East,if only to see your own team play away.

Still enjoy the Warrington semi final and your play off run. You deserve all you will get.....you really are Up the Junction. Old Red Eyes is back....

That was painfully predictable. People confidently backing this Leeds team always had a high chance of being disappointed. Especially up against a Tony Smith team which, judging by last week, targetted this game.

From the very start Rovers were better all over, out-coached and with one of McGuire's occasional big game masterclasses (full disclosure - I supported releasing him in 2017 and still think his decent performances were just too infrequent).

Pleased for HKR, they are a great club and in people like Smith, McGuire, Garbutt and Keinhorst some of my favourite people from Leeds' recent history. For Agar, back to the drawing board although there is the comfort of that brief period of people having high expectations has quickly passed. 

Back from Headingley and congrats to HKR...much deserved victory, much stronger than us in all departments, if they play like that they would beat most teams in SL, no danger they will be relegated on that performance...they forced the Rhinos into abysmal, thanks to conductor Mr McGuire,...the goal kicking was terrible from both sides...well done HKR you certainly rose to the occasion...

4 minutes ago, M j M said:

That was painfully predictable. People confidently backing this Leeds team always had a high chance of being disappointed. Especially up against a Tony Smith team which, judging by last week, targetted this game.

From the very start Rovers were better all over, out-coached and with one of McGuire's occasional big game masterclasses (full disclosure - I supported releasing him in 2017 and still think his decent performances were just too infrequent).

Pleased for HKR, they are a great club and in people like Smith, McGuire, Garbutt and Keinhorst some of my favourite people from Leeds' recent history. For Agar, back to the drawing board although there is the comfort of that brief period of people having high expectations has quickly passed. 

Fully agree with that. 

It was an awful game though, the players ill discipline was embarrassing (it has been Leeds Achilles heel) and Hicks was only too happy to blow up at any opportunity. He really should have put players to the bin to sort the mess out.

Poorly played and poorly reffed game, interjected by some moments of magic by McGuire. He was the difference, the other 3 halves were forgettable. Leeds lacked the intent and cohesion of previous matches. Back to the drawing board, remove the hype and get back in the grind 

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

And Hull are 3rd with a negative points difference,off the back of their longest losing run ever. Oh and they lost 2 out of 3 Derbies. 

For me there is only 1 team in Hull

Our longest losing run ever was last season Steve, nowt to do with this season's pitiful negative points difference. Jeez, imagine how bad it would be but for your lot's charitable defensive efforts at our place.

And, as for your declaration of there being only one team in Hull, well I find that a bit sad and bitter really.

Still, that gives others an idea of the differences between us I guess.

Congrats on tonight's win, a very commendable effort.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Tony Smith has encouraged Rovers to take risks and play football. Goodness sometimes it has me anxious when we pass the ball about in our own 20 but we have gone from a team unable to score against 11 men to a pretty dangerous attacking force.

Ignoring all that the problem for teams in the lower half is being able to maintain maximum intensity week in week out. If any of them could do that they wouldn't be in the lower half. They can't so they aren't.

2 hours ago, snapski said:

Great stuff. Last weeks win by Leeds masked by our inept attack without Trueman and Gale, plus the non action of Thaler for the Singleton off the ball incident.

Leeds are garbage.

Deary me you lost last week get over it. You were pants and if you want to talk about Thaler he kept you in the game with the penalty count and should have binned Watts and that grub mcshane. 

Very happy with the performance and the win. Blistering start. 2 tries against us off the back of penalties in the first half, so we need to keep working on that though.

McGuire was unplayable at times; his offload for Quinlan's try was exquisite. 

The forwards stood up very well and it was particularly pleasing to see the two loan lads do great jobs in the first stint.

The last try was the icing on the cake. Bring on Huddersfield. Another must-in game...!!

10 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Can say it tonight without being accused of making excuses. Hicks was terrible tonight,so many decisions he made were perverse . He certainly brought unity in my pub between Leeds and Rovers fans. Did he get any help from linesmen? Do they critically review their performances on Monday? Do they ever learn anything?

10 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

True. It’s a good job they put a record derby win on the board steve or the points difference would be even worse! Is it time for you to Celebrate?

rldfsignature.jpg

10 hours ago, Clogiron said:

So Leeds win a couple of games and the player's think they only have to turn up to win. Smith completly wipes the the floor with his ex assistant Agar and the look on Sinfields face says a thousand words, most of which revolve around how he can exit this shambles with reputation intact, unfortunately he can't , Heatheringtons done him up like a kipper?

well from my perspective Leeds showed last night the same failing that have been their all season, last season and prior to that.  The same deficiencies with the team that they have consistently had over quite a period.   Sinfield came in last year and coached for a while, so it must have been clear then.... it continued on this season.   Sinfield surely has a clear responsibility for not correcting the deficiencies which come from the team personnel.   

Leeds have had x3 coaches yet the team have displayed the same weakness that only new players can correct.  Can't blame Agar he's only stand-in, although I note people like to bang the same drum (like the Mcnamaa drum we have the Agar drum beat).

Sinfield surely holds a lot of responsibility as its the main part of his role.   Not saying he won't be able to correct things over a period but his start has not been good.

I made the mistake of thinking the extra intent from the ex Rhinos boys would not come in to play as all players are in a livelihood scrap; what a mistake I made.

You certainly could not question Maguire and his two finger salute to Hetherington's cheque book. Great business getting in Myler!

Myler made ONE carry making ONE metre, he did manage to make 4 errors though! Send the useless idiot to Fev, it might wake up the arrogant plonker.

Garbutt arguably had his best game for Rovers, the man that cannot do big minutes carried the ball more than anyone else on the pitch, made nearly 200 metres, 58 more than any Leeds player!

Parcel had another blinder, scoring again.

Keinhorst even got in on the act busting a handful of tackles, breaking the line a couple of times and assisting one.

Dwyer and Hurrell with yet more 'for every good thing we'll do a bad thing' performance. New boy Martin solid but unspectacular until the sharp shooting kicking extraordinaire starts missing kicks my 13 year old basset hound could nail.

Ohh what a shambles.

11 minutes ago, redjonn said:

well from my perspective Leeds showed last night the same failing that have been their all season, last season and prior to that.  The same deficiencies with the team that they have consistently had over quite a period.   Sinfield came in last year and coached for a while, so it must have been clear then.... it continued on this season.   Sinfield surely has a clear responsibility for not correcting the deficiencies which come from the team personnel.   

Leeds have had x3 coaches yet the team have displayed the same weakness that only new players can correct.  Can't blame Agar he's only stand-in, although I note people like to bang the same drum (like the Mcnamaa drum we have the Agar drum beat).

Sinfield surely holds a lot of responsibility as its the main part of his role.   Not saying he won't be able to correct things over a period but his start has not been good.

Sinfield must surely be under pressure now.

Leeds walked out with an arrogance last night like they were top of the league and had it handed to them.

So little heart in the team it's scary. So so far removed from the last generation.

Where are the leaders shouting from the rooftops.....

Where is the biff man that wants it so bad he gets the players and the crowd going....

Agar feeds us, ohh the passion and desire is there. It was, but they were wearing KR shirts.

What I found particular annoying at the game was the water boy/coach on the pitch directing or guiding were the players should be. He did it consistently last night when the occasional pressure was on from Leeds.   No doubt he would have been on more even more if Leeds had done more.

Archived