12 Jul: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull Kingston Rovers 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/19 at 18:45

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, M j M said:

The sense of entitlement from some Leeds fans posting on this thread is staggering.

more a sense of frustration may I suggest... although I'm not a Leeds fan more a saints one... but having read through I don't see the entitlement.

Good game but again the players tried to spoil it with constant infringements at the tackle.

Phil Clarke said he was aware of the problem but asked what the solution is. Referees,give a team warning after 10 mins not 60 mins.Get a player binned in the first 15 mins and see if that stops it.

Administrators,it is no punishment to penalise for delaying/stripping on the first tackle. The 'punishment is merely restarting the tackle count,with a full defensive line 20 m up field. Why not give a 7 tackle penalty as punishment,rather like the 20m restart?

Players are ruining the game,whilst refs and administrators seem helpless to stop it.

12 minutes ago, cookey said:

Good game but again the players tried to spoil it with constant infringements at the tackle.

Phil Clarke said he was aware of the problem but asked what the solution is. Referees,give a team warning after 10 mins not 60 mins.Get a player binned in the first 15 mins and see if that stops it.

Administrators,it is no punishment to penalise for delaying/stripping on the first tackle. The 'punishment is merely restarting the tackle count,with a full defensive line 20 m up field. Why not give a 7 tackle penalty as punishment,rather like the 20m restart?

Players are ruining the game,whilst refs and administrators seem helpless to stop it.

Is it 'helpless" to stop it, or not having the required dangly bits to do as you suggest and make the penalties for such offences much more telling, they don't seem as reluctant in tbe NRL to clean up this kind of infringement.

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

well from my perspective Leeds showed last night the same failing that have been their all season, last season and prior to that.  The same deficiencies with the team that they have consistently had over quite a period.   Sinfield came in last year and coached for a while, so it must have been clear then.... it continued on this season.   Sinfield surely has a clear responsibility for not correcting the deficiencies which come from the team personnel.   

Leeds have had x3 coaches yet the team have displayed the same weakness that only new players can correct.  Can't blame Agar he's only stand-in, although I note people like to bang the same drum (like the Mcnamaa drum we have the Agar drum beat).

Sinfield surely holds a lot of responsibility as its the main part of his role.   Not saying he won't be able to correct things over a period but his start has not been good.

What realistically can you expect in terms of player movements in a year? We’ve shipped out loads, it’s not easy to get rid of contracted players.

When Sinfield came back he said this was not a quick fix, yes he’s made some bad decisions like Furner, but he’s had the balls to admit that and do something about it

28 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What realistically can you expect in terms of player movements in a year? We’ve shipped out loads, it’s not easy to get rid of contracted players.

When Sinfield came back he said this was not a quick fix, yes he’s made some bad decisions like Furner, but he’s had the balls to admit that and do something about it

What choice did he have with Furner? He gave Hetherington the ultimatum, him or me. Very amateurish. 

He is making desperate decisions that should have been made much earlier and with much more thought.

For example, if Parcel was surplus to requirements he could have been shipped out in the off season rather than be a bit player and then used as a makeweight for Martin.

Lui is a late in the season panic buy and is not of the quality of a top top side which must be the remit for the largest and most successful club in the competition. He is now tied to the club for some time.

The kids that are meant to be the new generation that will apparently take us to the promised land are not getting that much game time but rather we keep persisting with the 'experienced players' not delivering like Myler.

I am not saying it is easy, I am not saying he is not doing his best, however from the outside looking in he is absolutely adding to the problem.

5 minutes ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

What choice did he have with Furner? He gave Hetherington the ultimatum, him or me. Very amateurish. 

He is making desperate decisions that should have been made much earlier and with much more thought.

For example, if Parcel was surplus to requirements he could have been shipped out in the off season rather than be a bit player and then used as a makeweight for Martin.

Lui is a late in the season panic buy and is not of the quality of a top top side which must be the remit for the largest and most successful club in the competition. He is now tied to the club for some time.

The kids that are meant to be the new generation that will apparently take us to the promised land are not getting that much game time but rather we keep persisting with the 'experienced players' not delivering like Myler.

I am not saying it is easy, I am not saying he is not doing his best, however from the outside looking in he is absolutely adding to the problem.

Your last sentence sums it up, from the outside looking in!

We have no idea what goes on or what the actual scale of the job is, when a big rebuild job is going on I would imagine theres a lot of bumps in the road on the way to doing that it was never going to be plain sailing

The reason the kids aren’t getting a chance and panic buying is because of the fear of relegation IMO

In the real world Parcell was made available in the close season, but there were no takers. It really isn't as simple to do surgery on a squad when you have a fully contracted team spending full cap as some would have you believe.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Your last sentence sums it up, from the outside looking in!

We have no idea what goes on or what the actual scale of the job is, when a big rebuild job is going on I would imagine theres a lot of bumps in the road on the way to doing that it was never going to be plain sailing

The reason the kids aren’t getting a chance and panic buying is because of the fear of relegation IMO

I totally agree regarding the fear of relegation but even from the outside you can see certain things are not right.

A professional, experienced and competent director of rugby conducts his business with much more grace and in a much timelier fashion. You see it in the NRL all the time, they swap and change players under contract quite easily.

Just now, M j M said:

In the real world Parcell was made available in the close season, but there were no takers. It really isn't as simple to do surgery on a squad when you have a fully contracted team spending full cap as some would have you believe.

Parcel was a Dream Team player 18 months ago, is young and not injury prone. We shipped him on when it suited us. It is hardly a stretch to think if we wanted to do the same in the off season we could.

Garbutt, whilst not a silky prop, is the best meter maker in the entire comp, bar none. If he is a lazy bad attitude trainer he should be managed. That is what managers do. Mistake.

Myler is literally stealing a living but as pointed out, fear of failure keeps him in the side. Mistake

You can keep loading up the examples of Albert, Donaldson, Crosby, Briscoe etc.... So so many players brought in that are relegation or championship standard.

Just because he said it is going to take time does not give him protection from not making progress.

If you simply break it down to players in and players out, do we have a better squad now or before he arrived?

Never worry Leeds fans, you'll no doubt manage your usual 2 point home banker v Hull FC next week. 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

Garbutt, whilst not a silky prop, is the best meter maker in the entire comp, bar none. If he is a lazy bad attitude trainer he should be managed. That is what managers do. Mistake.

Re Garbutt I've not been as angry at a player being released since James Lowes, and said it on here at the time.

I've never said Sinfield's decision making in his current role is good. But it's certainly not by any stretch of the imagination easy to shuffle a squad who are all contracted.

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I guess with player movements in... its a case of what is perceived to be needed plus then making the right choice of player to complement what you have. It is hard to have a different opinion from someone like Sinfield with his wealth of better knowledge. Never-the-less Leeds seem to offer the same deficiencies.  As you say maybe the players have not been available or maybe he see's it differently I wouldn't know.

Leeds have had some player movement in, for me the only real success has been Merrin and the latest two maybe too late, maybe not to prevent relegation.

How many players have come in... I can count 8....  maybe more... in that time period. Eight is a fair number.... or is it at least 10 players in....

3 hours ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

Lui looks like a panic buy to me. He might do ok in the short term, but if they have given him a long contract, he could turn out to be a poor addition.

18 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Our longest losing run ever was last season Steve, nowt to do with this season's pitiful negative points difference. Jeez, imagine how bad it would be but for your lot's charitable defensive efforts at our place.

And, as for your declaration of there being only one team in Hull, well I find that a bit sad and bitter really.

Are you a Russian revisionist or Liar Liar Pants on Fire Boris?

Your record of 13 successive SL losses was posted this season when you lost 4 games on the trot at the beginning Rounds. Or were your eyes closed?

Similarly I did not say Rovers were the best team in Hull....read my lips,I said "In my opinion" but that doesn't suit your armchair critic,repetitive comedy act,fear of crossing the River to see a Derby personna. I am a fan,a supporter of my team not a man who became infamous for shouting "Radford out". 

Stop picking on me! Lol.

And as for JM if you think Hicks had a good game say so. We all need a good laugh sometime.

Come the Revolution I know who to target!!!

11 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

True. It’s a good job they put a record derby win on the board steve or the points difference would be even worse! Is it time for you to Celebrate?

A long way to go but will be interesting to the end!

14 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Are you a Russian revisionist or Liar Liar Pants on Fire Boris?

Your record of 13 successive SL losses was posted this season when you lost 4 games on the trot at the beginning Rounds. Or were your eyes closed?

Similarly I did not say Rovers were the best team in Hull....read my lips,I said "In my opinion" but that doesn't suit your armchair critic,repetitive comedy act,fear of crossing the River to see a Derby personna. I am a fan,a supporter of my team not a man who became infamous for shouting "Radford out". 

Stop picking on me! Lol.

And as for JM if you think Hicks had a good game say so. We all need a good laugh sometime.

Come the Revolution I know who to target!!!

I think you need to read what we both put again, I doubt you ever have written "In my opinion" as you seem to think yours is the only opinion that matters and you ridicule everyone else who suggests otherwise.

You suggested "For me, there is only 1 team in Hull".

I replied with "And, as for your declaration of there being only one team in Hull, well I find that a bit sad and bitter really."

Nowhere did I suggest you said Rovers were the best team in Hull.

And it looks like your eyes were the ones closed at the start of the season, we only lost the first two games before winning the next three. We lost eleven on the belt to end the 2018 season which I thought was our longest ever losing run at the time, I may be wrong on that though.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived