12 Jul: SL: St Helens v Wigan Warriors 7.45pm

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/19 at 18:45

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Wirral Warrior said:

Wigan to edge it in a non-telivised thriller

I can see that happening too. Why this isn't televised is amazing tbh.... 

If Wigan win this, the GF beckons... Saints have got a big pack and a great side, yet Wigan are clicking now so this is a very interesting game indeed. 

53 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

I can see that happening too. Why this isn't televised is amazing tbh.... 

If Wigan win this, the GF beckons... Saints have got a big pack and a great side, yet Wigan are clicking now so this is a very interesting game indeed. 

Even if they lose, the GF beckons... The games to get there will be the other matches though, not beating or losing at Saints. 

WIgan have had their third allocation of tickets and now have less than 500 left, Saints have a little over 200 left.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

14 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

Does the big screen have a clock that counts down?

The games in St.Helens, counting stops after all 24 fingers and toes.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Davcas1 said:

Should be a cracking game, pity it is not on TV but I can understand why it is not.

Wigan hitting form at right time of season again.

Wigan are in form and have won a number of games away on the trot as well.  But it is still a good Saints side. One question is whether or not they are distracted by the Cup semi.   I am not sure they are, but time will tell if their minds are somewhere else.  That still means they can win!!

5 hours ago, Rhinoferg said:

I don't understand why the game wasn't moved so that both this one and the Leeds game could be on TV. 

The positive to not being on TV is that you should get a full house......

Yes. 18,000 full house should trump over we couch potatoes.    

North, south and west stands sold out, 120 left in the family corner at lunchtime plus the few that Wigan have left. Should be a good atmosphere and the weather's looking perfect for an entertaining game. Can't beat derby day.

Interested to see whether Roby plays/starts, tough game to come back into after injury. Hopefully he's fit and him, Thompson and Walmsley can get us on the front foot early on. With Wigan's recent run of form, confidence will be high but Saints' front row is as good as any in the game right now and will be tough to stop.

Wigan are in their best form of the season. But their wins have been against Hull KR twice, Leeds, Huddersfield and Salford, who Wigan would have to beat if they are to make the play offs. That is not a slant on Wigan's form, which has improved, but playing Saints is no question a step up.

We have played 2nd, 3rd and then 4th in consecutive weeks, so we've not had it easy. It may be that this is the week that we come unstuck. But if we do win, then it is a significant statement of intent.

We have an unbeaten home record this year so I would expect us to be determined to keep that and especially not to lose that to Wigan. It's going to be a tough game and if we do get the win, I think it will be really tight as equally Wigan will want to lay a marker down.

Another point, we are on for a sell out crowd tomorrow whilst we're not on Sky, when the game in the grand scheme of the season isn't critical. By comparison, last August when we played Wigan where a win would have given us the League Leader's Shield we got a crowd 4,000 short of capacity.

24 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Wigan are in their best form of the season. But their wins have been against Hull KR twice, Leeds, Huddersfield and Salford, who Wigan would have to beat if they are to make the play offs. That is not a slant on Wigan's form, which has improved, but playing Saints is no question a step up.

We have played 2nd, 3rd and then 4th in consecutive weeks, so we've not had it easy. It may be that this is the week that we come unstuck. But if we do win, then it is a significant statement of intent.

We have an unbeaten home record this year so I would expect us to be determined to keep that and especially not to lose that to Wigan. It's going to be a tough game and if we do get the win, I think it will be really tight as equally Wigan will want to lay a marker down.

Another point, we are on for a sell out crowd tomorrow whilst we're not on Sky, when the game in the grand scheme of the season isn't critical. By comparison, last August when we played Wigan where a win would have given us the League Leader's Shield we got a crowd 4,000 short of capacity.

Fair points, but outside of Wire (possibly) and indeed Wigan, no one is playing brilliantly.  So the game will be benchmarks for both teams.

1 hour ago, hullste said:

Can't wait for tonight, I love Derby day and I'm normally very nervous but I can't see anything but a Saint's win tonight as we are superior in every department. Saints by 14 COYS. 

That’s the spirit. I just hope we get to give you a guard of honour, and maybe you could sign some autographs. 

The way to win this is to find this year’s Richardson, and attack them. Fages and the Welsh winger would be the ones I would go for. Wigan have a superb squad and will field a team with more than enough talent to win, the only question I have is whether Lam has the ability to motivate and organise us. At least now that Sammutt is fit and firing we have something like the attacking shape we were hoping to see from the start of the season. It is in our hands, play to our potential and we will bring back the points. 

This is going to be closer than some predict. Saints have beaten 2nd and 3rd in the last 2 weeks and it’s always hard for any team to maintain such a high performance level week after week.

I still think Saints have enough to win this one but probably not by more than 1 score 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

That’s the spirit. I just hope we get to give you a guard of honour, and maybe you could sign some autographs. 

The way to win this is to find this year’s Richardson, and attack them. Fages and the Welsh winger would be the ones I would go for. Wigan have a superb squad and will field a team with more than enough talent to win, the only question I have is whether Lam has the ability to motivate and organise us. At least now that Sammutt is fit and firing we have something like the attacking shape we were hoping to see from the start of the season. It is in our hands, play to our potential and we will bring back the points. 

Sorry but if both teams play to their potential Saint's win.. Simple. 

Your only hope is that Saints underperform.

Archived