12 Jul: SL: Warrington Wolves v Salford Red Devils 7.45pm

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/19 at 18:45

This cluster of Hull fans having an issue with Blake Austin is weird.

Oh, and well done Salford, havent seen any of the game, and I don't think I will be rushing to find the highlights!

51 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Oh, and well done Salford, havent seen any of the game, and I don't think I will be rushing to find the highlights!

That's a shame Dave, they're brilliant!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, hullste said:

Nevermind Wire fans at least you can be comforted in the knowledge that Austin will still be awarded some more Man of Steel points ?

Well, if Blake Austin does win Man of Steel, they'll have to hold the award ceremony inside Jackson Hastings' back pocket, as that's the only place I've ever seen him.

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

It's well-known that Wire players just get the Man of Steel awarded to them by default.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Well, if Blake Austin does win Man of Steel, they'll have to hold the award ceremony inside Jackson Hastings' back pocket, as that's the only place I've ever seen him.

Who himself will be in the back pocket of Tommy Leulai, who will in turn be in the pocket of Blake Austin...

I guess you’ll have to hope Salford and Warrington both play in the grand final so he can do it again.

47 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Who himself will be in the back pocket of Tommy Leulai, who will in turn be in the pocket of Blake Austin...

I guess you’ll have to hope Salford and Warrington both play in the grand final so he can do it again.

All of them are in Lomax's back pocket this season. 

6 minutes ago, hullste said:

All of them are in Lomax's back pocket this season. 

Who was in the back pocket of Abdull against London I think? 

My point is that it’s too easy to make generalised random statements about ‘my player is better than yours’.   The grand final will give us the best idea of which teams and players have earned the right to be called the best.   RLFANS.com is the best to go for momentary point-scoring against opposition fans.

37 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Who was in the back pocket of Abdull against London I think? 

My point is that it’s too easy to make generalised random statements about ‘my player is better than yours’.   The grand final will give us the best idea of which teams and players have earned the right to be called the best.   RLFANS.com is the best to go for momentary point-scoring against opposition fans.

It wasn't Lomax as he didn't PLAY, Lomax has missed two games in the League this season and Saint's lost them both. You need to check your facts pal?

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

Go on Dave. Give it a go. You might enjoy it!

19 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Go on Dave. Give it a go. You might enjoy it!

I'd make the players watch it over and over again till its sinks in that poor attitude and poor effort are not acceptable. If they go down fighting fans will accept that. 

53 minutes ago, hullste said:

It wasn't Lomax as he didn't PLAY, Lomax has missed two games in the League this season and Saint's lost them both. You need to check your facts pal?

Fair enough, thanks for pointing that out but you can see my point isn’t about the players it’s about silly point-scoring over single game performances?

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Fair enough, thanks for pointing that out but you can see my point isn’t about the players it’s about silly point-scoring over single game performances?

I fully agree however the issue with Austin is that he has scored points in the new system just because of who he is. In the big games he has totally gone missing where as Lomax has been excellent whoever the opponent has been. You could make the argument that he is playing off the back of Walmsley and Thompson but he has also had several different hookers covering Roby over a number of games and is still performing. 

My other point is I don't understand how the best player in a team 10 points clear at the top of the league won't win Man of Steel. 

7 minutes ago, hullste said:

My other point is I don't understand how the best player in a team 10 points clear at the top of the league won't win Man of Steel. 

The Man of Steel isn’t always about the best player though.   It’s about more than that.

To be fair to Austin he was signed as an x-factor entertainer as a foil for the organiser Brown.  Since Brown hasn’t played Austin’s actually had to do everything for Warrington (organising, attacking kicks, special passes) which has taken something away from his x-factor stuff.   Maybe that’s why he’s getting the Man of Steel points.   Remember that he’s playing alongside Patton who has a very limited game.

You also have to remember that Lomax is playing alongside a bunch of players who are ALL playing at the top of their game and ESPECIALLY behind a dominant pack. It’s no secret that Warrington’s pack has dropped off form over the season and this weekend we didn’t have our only two decent props in Hill and Cooper.   We’ve also lost Ratchford at the back long-term who’s input took a huge amount of pressure off Austin.

The real test would be to put Lomax in this Warrington team and Austin in the all-dominating Saints team.   Who do you think would look the world-beater then? 

6 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

The Man of Steel isn’t always about the best player though.   It’s about more than that.

To be fair to Austin he was signed as an x-factor entertainer as a foil for the organiser Brown.  Since Brown hasn’t played Austin’s actually had to do everything for Warrington (organising, attacking kicks, special passes) which has taken something away from his x-factor stuff.   Maybe that’s why he’s getting the Man of Steel points.   Remember that he’s playing alongside Patton who has a very limited game.

You also have to remember that Lomax is playing alongside a bunch of players who are ALL playing at the top of their game and ESPECIALLY behind a dominant pack. It’s no secret that Warrington’s pack has dropped off form over the season and this weekend we didn’t have our only two decent props in Hill and Cooper.   We’ve also lost Ratchford at the back long-term who’s input took a huge amount of pressure off Austin.

The real test would be to put Lomax in this Warrington team and Austin in the all-dominating Saints team.   Who do you think would look the world-beater then? 

Fair point however I would then argue that Jackson Hastings has outperformed Austin in a side that has far less top players than Warrington and using your argument for who gets the award would therefore be far more deserving of man of steel even if he is joining the dark side next year. 

7 hours ago, Dave T said:

I 'watched' the Sky highlights. They were poorly edited and did not make easy viewing. You're right not to go rushing to firnd them.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, tonyXIII said:

I 'watched' the Sky highlights. They were poorly edited and did not make easy viewing. You're right not to go rushing to firnd them.

That's odd, I found it all very easy on the eye and wonderful for the heart.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 minutes ago, Oxford said:

That's odd, I found it all very easy on the eye and wonderful for the heart.

I understand that and I agree. I was talking about the technical quality, not the fact that Salford won at Warrington (again!).

PS. Remember that I live abroad and have to use a VPN, and my local internet speed is about 8Mbps.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Archived