Leigh

AlanE

Have to agree it’s over. Results gone against us we would hope for wins in our favour. Nothing you can do against teams like Leigh who have players a level above most of ours. We simply aren’t good enough to stay up. Can see why we allowed our best player to leave last week to reduce the wage bill 

Thought we were pretty unlucky today the committement was 100% there. There was a blatant knock on and a forward pass in the lead up to their 1st 2 tries and against sides like Leigh we need that luck.

I do believe this side can get wins against any side in the league, but too many times this year we have fallen short in games we should have won. 

The local lads should be enough to get out of Div 1 if worst comes to worst. 

On a more positive note I thought Cresswell was the best player on the pitch today and has been outstanding since injury and Carter seems to be maturing every game and does not look out of place one bit. 

The doom & gloom merchanes are out again. Let's give the players, coaches & BOD a chance until it is mathematically not possible to stay up. We are playing better than we did and apart from some defenses lapses we played well and the players gave plenty of effort. The top half of the Championship are way ahead of the bottom half. The gate today was over 1600 but there was a fair Leigh following.

27 minutes ago, Michael Ashton said:

The doom & gloom merchanes are out again. Let's give the players, coaches & BOD a chance until it is mathematically not possible to stay up. We are playing better than we did and apart from some defenses lapses we played well and the players gave plenty of effort. The top half of the Championship are way ahead of the bottom half. The gate today was over 1600 but there was a fair Leigh following.

If the top and bottom are so far apart how did Batley draw with York? It's not doom and gloom it's realism! When are people going to wake up we're all but relegated and something needs to change. Clueless attack when we're within 20m of opposition line, odd interchanges and a lot of poor discipline. It hasn't helped that a fair whack of our off season recruits have been poor or have only showed up in the last 2 months

Dallimore fighting again, we may have been behind but there was over 10 mins on the clock and we still had a chance. His discipline has become appalling, I hope he gets a ban and we can try a new half back partnership we cant have him having a scrap every game, we got away with it against Halifax. 

The lack of options in attack is what’s killed us most of the season. If the game was won on effort and trying to run it up the middle we would be top. As it’s not and requires skill and players creating openings, we’re where we are for not having the ability to do that. 

The championship is a 2 tier league for me. As a club in the bottom half we need to beat the poorer sides of the league, especially at home which we haven’t always done. You will always pick up the odd shock result, such as Fev away but the key is the home games. The likes of Swinton at home is a must win and it will be the games like that which will relegate us. Leigh are always tough and I’d never expect a win against them, a team full of decent players who know how to win and manage games. 

As for the doom and gloom comment, I’d say it’s realism and nothing else. The key is planning for next year now, we’re running out of games and results are going against us

11 hours ago, RSN said:

Thought we were pretty unlucky today the committement was 100% there. There was a blatant knock on and a forward pass in the lead up to their 1st 2 tries and against sides like Leigh we need that luck.

I do believe this side can get wins against any side in the league, but too many times this year we have fallen short in games we should have won. 

The local lads should be enough to get out of Div 1 if worst comes to worst. 

On a more positive note I thought Cresswell was the best player on the pitch today and has been outstanding since injury and Carter seems to be maturing every game and does not look out of place one bit. 

Cresswell was great. Saved us a few times, Hopefully our fullback for years to come. 

I think the videos of the game will provide some embarrassing footage as regards the defensive capabilities of some of our players. I DO NOT DOUBT THATY THEY GIVE THEIR ALL but the simple fact is that we have only have only occasionally looked like a team that should be in the division. The team in the second half were poor after a first half which could , and should, have seen them with a couple of more tries on the board. What happened in the half time break to bring about the change? Some of us have been realistic about the performances of the team for most of the season and are called "false fans" for facing up to reality. Hopefully we will get the miracle we require over the remaining fixtures which will see Barrow in the Championship next season but it will need a massive improvement in performance, a change of tactics and a lot of luck. On paper we have had the resources to be competitive in the championship but in  reality those resources have not been used to create a team and style capable of winning enough games. 

Not once did Barrow pick up that Greg McNally was doing what he always has - floating along the line behind the attack looking for the space he knew would be created, which is how he scored his try, and going through and causing trouble. If I could see it from the terraces why couldn't the players and I presume Cresta see it because the marking of McNally never changed throughout the game!

35 minutes ago, steve75 said:

Not once did Barrow pick up that Greg McNally was doing what he always has - floating along the line behind the attack looking for the space he knew would be created, which is how he scored his try, and going through and causing trouble. If I could see it from the terraces why couldn't the players and I presume Cresta see it because the marking of McNally never changed throughout the game!

Correct he was doing it all game. And young Carter aswell was getting ran over time and time again which led to a few of their tries. Not the lads fault at all he just couldn’t match them physically. Couldn’t the coach stick him on the wing when we were defending?? So so bizzare.

I take the various points but surely to give in now and accept relegation speaks of total disaster. It means that gates will fall, sponsors will pull out and players will leave even if they are on a 2 years contract. It looks as if Ottowah will certainly not enter the league next season but it will still be enormously difficult to get immediate promotion.

1 hour ago, Michael Ashton said:

I take the various points but surely to give in now and accept relegation speaks of total disaster. It means that gates will fall, sponsors will pull out and players will leave even if they are on a 2 years contract. It looks as if Ottowah will certainly not enter the league next season but it will still be enormously difficult to get immediate promotion.

How can they leave if on 2 year contracts? Unless the have a clause?

22 hours ago, UpTheRaiders said:

If the top and bottom are so far apart how did Batley draw with York? It's not doom and gloom it's realism! When are people going to wake up we're all but relegated and something needs to change. Clueless attack when we're within 20m of opposition line, odd interchanges and a lot of poor discipline. It hasn't helped that a fair whack of our off season recruits have been poor or have only showed up in the last 2 months

You come across as relishing this.

On 14/07/2019 at 18:19, Bearman said:

Was the Dalli incident put on report?

On Twitter Dalli said "look forward to the phone call from Cullen!" I presume he meant Paul Cullen on the disciplinary panel!

1 hour ago, steve75 said:

On Twitter Dalli said "look forward to the phone call from Cullen!" I presume he meant Paul Cullen on the disciplinary panel!

Paul Cullen on a disciplinary panel - that is poacher turned gamekeeper, they'll have Gareth Hock on there soon!!

Shipbuilider01.png

Archived