Fax (H)

Blind side johnny

Just perusing the fixtures and it won't have escaped those more erudite than me to note that we play Halifax at home on July 21st, with their CC semi against St Helens scheduled for July 27th.

Might this be an opportunity for an upset?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Might this be an opportunity for an upset?

Yes.

They've lost a few since they got through to the semi and this is the week before, but lets not get too excited...

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Yes.

They've lost a few since they got through to the semi and this is the week before, but lets not get too excited...

True Nick, but I don't do excited. Appreciative grunts is about my peak nowadays.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

And Dom Speakman is away on holiday ? 

For two weeks!

I think we are ripe for at least one unlooked for victory out of the remaining games - Bradford may be one if not this Sunday - perhaps the lure of being on the Beeb next week may keep Murrell quiet enough. It is always an interesting dilemma for the Pro - you are paid to do your best in theory but it will always test your mettle in terms of avoiding injury in the match before the final or SF - do you take the ball up one more time or brace yourself to stop a rampaging Iggy or Kyle or take it easy out on the wing so your skills are on show and appreciated by the million*or so on telly as opposed to the thousand at t’Tetley?

* optimistic viewing figures

22 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Back for Rochdale game as far as I know.

After two weeks on the "all you can eat & drink buffet" you'd be better starting with Coolie at hooker - you'd just have to explain he's expected to wear underwear in this role and leave his heels at home...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

22 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

After two weeks on the "all you can eat & drink buffet".....

I think not PM. Dom has his own business as a personal trainer and I doubt he will be doing as you suggest whilst he is on holiday. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I think not PM. Dom has his own business as a person trainer and I doubt he will be doing as you suggest whilst he is on holiday. 

Sounds like a ###### holiday then..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

OK!! .. this might not read as intended .. but .... Kudos to Fax!!  .. they have selected their first choice team to play us!! ( wish they had at least rested Murrell) .. but look at the Saints team to play London!! ... 

So ... are they worried about maybe losing to Fax!! ( imo No!! ) or do they prefer to give London the win! ( imo ..yes!! )

Of course this is only the opinion of someone who looks for all the potential conspiracies in RL ... hey ho!! 

Join me and a couple of surprise Commentators this Sunday for Rugby League LIVE on HWD!
Starting a 2pm with all the big game build up for Dewsbury Rams Vs Halifax, 3pm KO.
It's all live on HWD Hospital Radio. Just go to the website and click on the listen Live link

HWD Listen_image.jpg

7 hours ago, NickD said:

he's in the 19...

Will he be in the 17 though?

This is one game that I would love to win - at home, traditionally, we either get a close victory over Fax or they hammer us. they have named a full-strength squad, demonstrating that league position is far more important to them than the slim chances of victory in the CC next week. Maybe one or two players will be distracted and we will play exceptionally well, who knows?

Being realistic:

Rams 16 - 24 Fax

Att: 1101

22 hours ago, NickD said:

he's in the 19...

This I know he is but he’s on holiday,can’t understand why he’s in the 19 man squad ?

Anyway this is the first of 7 cup finals in our quest to keep our championship status.

I just hope it’s a improvement on our last two showings against Halifax.

Rams 14

Halifax 22

FTS Gabriel 

MOM Igbinedion 

ATT 1034

Typical, away on holiday. As far as Barrow are concerned, it doesnt change much. With our points difference, they needed two more wins than us and still do. But if we win next week at Rochdale, then we go above Batley and Barrow will need 3 more wins than us, a big ask but as with Swintons run, who knows.

On 18/07/2019 at 14:07, Reverend Ram said:

perhaps the lure of being on the Beeb next week may keep Murrell quiet enough.

Easiest way to keep Murrell quiet - hit him late off the ball so he has to leave the field. Fingers crossed he is ok for the game next week as it would be a travesty for him to miss that match because of a dirty tackle.

40 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Easiest way to keep Murrell quiet - hit him late off the ball so he has to leave the field. Fingers crossed he is ok for the game next week as it would be a travesty for him to miss that match because of a dirty tackle.

Don't worry BO, these things even themselves out.. I'm sure losing Murrell had no impact on the the game..

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Your coach didn't seem too upset by it when interviewed on Radio Leeds. He agreed it was a "bit late", but also suggested it's seen week in week out, and Halifax players had done the same themselves to opponents in other games unpunished. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived