Fax (H)

Blind side johnny

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Easiest way to keep Murrell quiet - hit him late off the ball so he has to leave the field. Fingers crossed he is ok for the game next week as it would be a travesty for him to miss that match because of a dirty tackle.

Don’t think there was anything wrong with the tackle,he took to the defensive line and passed the ball and the player was committed to the tackle. Why was he allowed to carry on for at least  5 minutes and make 2 tackles which is rare for Murrell?if our player is found guilty I will apologise.

I for one  glad we don’t have the artificiality of the golden point as I thought a draw was a fair result. I didn’t see the alleged late tackle on Murrell (nor did the officials) but I did notice the Fax no.8 was “liberal” in his interpretation of robust tackling. However I will be disappointed if it is indeed shown to be a deliberate late tackle and hope he is ok for the S/F. And the best and worst of Rob W. was on show of course! An entertaining game caused in part by weak defence which is still our Achilles Heel but hopefully a win next week should remove any lingering doubt on relegation.

Is there any news on Murell? It said on the excellent HWD radio commentary that an ambulance came for him?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Is there any news on Murell? It said on the excellent HWD radio commentary that an ambulance came for him?

I was of the understanding that if a player received any kind of head knock, then he had to have a mandatory fifteen minutes off the field to assess his condition? When the incident  happened, the game was held up for ages, but he eventually got up and resumed playing for a brief period. Can somebody enlightenment me on this? 

Rob W finished level par with his performance yesterday. He gave them two trys,  (Shockers at that) then scored two back, but  was guilty of losing the ball in the tackle a few times, as were some of the other players. Goal line defence was pretty flimsy at times, especially Finn and Ryder, who needs to square his opponents up and get his shoulder in nice and firm to effect a good tackle. 

All said, I'll take the draw.

16 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

As far as Barrow are concerned, it doesnt change much. With our points difference, they needed two more wins than us and still do. But if we win next week at Rochdale, then we go above Batley and Barrow will need 3 more wins than us, a big ask but as with Swintons run, who knows.

Gotta agree.  Unfortunately the draw probably doesn't help that much, BUT...How nice to come from behind for once after losing leads on at least 6 previous occasions.  Id forgotten what that felt like..

Agree with the post about the golden point.  The lads battled really well and never stopped trying and  we deserved a draw yesterday.  Had it carried on to a golden point either we would have an undeserved win or a very unlucky loss.  Stupid rule that I strongly hope won't dribble down to the lower leagues.

Rob Worrincy certainly owed us so pleased that he got he last two tries but would be great to get Dale back.  Thoroughly deserved MOM for Sam Day but you gotta love Sykes's tackling..Wouldnt fancy been on the receiving end...

The radio implied it was his neck and not a head knock hence he was allowed to continue before leaving the field shortly after.

Golden point should only be used in cup and playoff games imo

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

An error strewn game reffed by one of the most incompetent blokes I've seen in charge of a match. It was a good spectacle though for a neutral fan. The ground is a nice and tidy stadium now but fancy the bar running out of beer❗?

27 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

An error strewn game reffed by one of the most incompetent blokes I've seen in charge of a match. It was a good spectacle though for a neutral fan. The ground is a nice and tidy stadium now but fancy the bar running out of beer❗?

Hmmmmmm.............. And it's our own ground.......And fancy Halifax running out of money so many times in the past.......... I'm sure I saw some blue & whites asking the Marie Curie people if they could borrow their buckets............??

When Iggy lost the ball (and probably substituted himself immediately afterwards) and Fairbank scored, I thought heads would go down and Halifax would then score aplenty. When Iggy was on the field I thought he did okay, but with him off, the team then played well and thanks to Worrincy’s timely interception we got right back into the game and we dared to wonder if we could get a result. A draw is a result isn’t it? The relief of getting a draw certainly is.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

3 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

Ref wasn't ace but seemed even.  That said Ive just watched the highlights and I think most refs would have given the try and Iggy touched it down following Syke's kick early on.  certainly seems to get downward pressure before the ball dribbles forward..

Archived