I know she's had her critics but I for one will be sad to see her hang up the microphone.

Angela comes across as very passionate about RL and has paved the way for future female analysts in our sport. By no stretch of the imagination is she the best reporter but she is far from the worst.

Thanks and best wishes for the future

Absolutely terrible with a microphone in her hand with some painful cringe-worthy interviews but from reading that it sounds like she's doing a lot more work for the sport off camera which we don't hear about

6 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

I’ve always liked her. More knowledgable about the game and a lot more eloquent than some of her male colleagues.

that's like saying she's taller than Danny DeVito.....

The whole Sky presentation needs a complete refresh, though very much doubt we'll see that. The pitch side interviews with those awful grubby transparent sponsor boards, appalling and pointless interviews conducted by clueless interviewers have been painful viewing for years and years.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

She is woeful with microphone in hand with zero personality, a good move, but she should be congratulated for doing such a long stint where she has no doubt put the effort in.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I wish for Christ’s sake that the interviewers would stop asking the same generic boring questions to every player:

• What did that try mean to you?
  • What does that win mean for you?

Honestly, what response are they expecting? No wonder it’s deemed that we don’t have any personalities in the game. 

From watching the cricket World Cup interviews to this, it’s just frankly embarrassing and a complete waste of the interviewers, interviewees and viewers time 

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I wish for Christ’s sake that the interviewers would stop asking the same generic boring questions to every player:

Honestly, what response are they expecting? No wonder it’s deemed that we don’t have any personalities in the game. 

From watching the cricket World Cup interviews to this, it’s just frankly embarrassing and a complete waste of the interviewers, interviewees and viewers time 

All sports interviews (NSFW)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Agree. Interviewers should be asking such questions as

-what is the square root of minus one?

- what was the long term impact of Napoleon III choosing Vichy as his summer resort?

- does inflating your tyres with nitrogen instead of air improve fuel economy? 

Yes, I'm sure the could be better interviewers asking better questions, and better commentators  giving better commentaries, but in reality, players answer questions on the pitch not at the micophone.

Anyway,  whatever,  these interviewers and commentators are all rubbish, bring back Eddie Waring.???

Yes, I think it is a bit of a tough gig to be honest. Interviewees in sport seem to get upset at any question these days, and after an 80-minute rugby match there is very little scope for a David Frost / Eddie Mair- type interview.

Best of luck to Angela in whatever she does next.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’d like to see some former players take up interviewing the players pre and post match. It might mean they actually have a bit of a clue about what’s going on and hopefully improve the quality of the questions asked. 

Not Terry OConnor though, someone with a few more brain cells.

Go on then, give us an example of one of these great questions they could be asking.

This is exactly what we have the Jon Wells slots for.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Tim Streets tache said:

I once saw Mickey Higham complete an interview using entirely vowels.

I once saw Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook complete an interview using entirely asterisks. ? 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Go on then, give us an example of one of these great questions they could be asking.

This is exactly what we have the Jon Wells slots for.

‘ What do you have for breakfast ? ‘

Archived